• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rides with exit before loading

aussiebill10

Mouseketeer
Greetings from Australia heading over in October I have been 4 times but the
1st time for my wife I’m a ride person and the wife isn’t
I know Splash has an exit before the loading area but not sure about Space and Big Thunder Mountain would like to have wife with me in the queue rather than sit outside the ride
Same thing at all the other parks and rides like TOT,Aerosmith and Slinky Dog
Thanks all

Space does for sure. I've used it when my son wants to ride. He is old enough to go himself but likes me to wait with him. Just asked the CM. There is a path down to meet where the ride exits. Primeval Whirl has a little waiting area. Another of the rides he loves and I just can't handle :)

I know TOT does. My son took it with my wife (elevator straight down) just as the rest of us got in the Elevator to 'The Twilight Zone'

You can decide not to ride any ride at the park. Ask the CM at the front of the line for specific details of how to opt out of riding.
Rides where there is a “chicken” exit are rides where the loading platform and end of the ride are at different places, otherwise, she can just walk thru the ride vehicle and to the exit.
Just remember if you are using FP, she will need one to stand in the FP line, regardless of whether she rides or not.

I know TOT does. My son took it with my wife (elevator straight down) just as the rest of us got in the Elevator to 'The Twilight Zone'
I've used this, as well, when my granddaughter chickened out at the last minute. That's why it's called the chicken door.

Big Thunder is one where you can just walk through the ride vehicle to the other side if you choose not to ride.

Anyone can wait in line with someone for every single ride. Just when you get near the ride inform the CM on who will not ride and they'll be taken to the exit to wait.

All rides have exits. No one ever has to ride. Just as the CMs as you are in line.

Anyone can wait in line with someone for every single ride.

At Disney anyone tall enough for that ride can wait in line.

It’s over at Universal that *anyone* can enter the lines to wait with riders. :)

heh... I wonder if you can claim a rider swap and ride twice? ;) Yeah, I know, just kidding, but it would be fun if you could.

I was super scared at some of the rides, maybe encourage her to ride everything once with you? That’s how I came to Love Splash!!

Like @bumbershoot says, all of the rides have something.

I've taken the one on Space. I was fully intending to ride. But didn't feel well by the time we made it to the front. I was shown an exit and it had a bench where I could sit.

2011 we all went to Disneyland with the kids who had been once each with me previous we all went on Pirates and you know that little gentle drop near the start? Well that’s still comes up in the conversations lol
Still plenty we can go on together

As others have said, all rides have a way to leave. No one is ever forced to ride. Just tell the CM at the ride loading that you don’t want to ride. Ive done this with my DD (who is 7 but prefers the milder ride experiences) several times for different rides, including Space Mountain, BTMRR, and FoP. She thinks she wants to try these things, we get to the loading area, and she gets scared. I just tell the CM, and they show/tell us how to get out. No one has ever questioned it or made DD feel bad for changing her mind or being scared, which I appreciate. Because on later trips we’ve been to go back and try rides again, sometimes with success! We did Expedition Everest and Splash Mountain for the first time (after previous trips when we waited in the line only to choose not to ride) in July!

The only ride that we encountered that DOES NOT have a chicken exit is Pirates of the Caribbean.

My husband does not like the drop. He wanted to stay with us as we waited in line. When we approached the boarding area he was told he had to walk all the way back to the entrance, the same way we came in.

Star Tours, FoP, SDD -all offered last minute exits with waiting areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter