Rides with an Infant

LuvMy3Monkeys

Mouseketeer
We will have a six month old on our trip next month, and while he obviously can't ride the rides with height restrictions, I'm wondering if there are any safe attractions he CAN ride. Like Snow White, or maybe Winnie the Pooh, etc?

Is there a list anywhere of attractions that have no restrictions whatsoever?

We will have a six month old on our trip next month, and while he obviously can't ride the rides with height restrictions, I'm wondering if there are any safe attractions he CAN ride. Like Snow White, or maybe Winnie the Pooh, etc?

Is there a list anywhere of attractions that have no restrictions whatsoever?

It's safe to take him on any of the attractions which do not have a height restriction.

MOST attractions at WDW do not have a height restriction.
Here are some links to the ones that DO have a height restriction-

http://allearsnet.com/tp/rr.htm

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/height.htm (enter 2 inches to get ALL restrictions)

Height restricted attractions offer "Parent Swap/Baby Swap/Rider Switch" options. More HERE.

We just went with our 3 month old son. He could ride almost everything. Just make sure you hold on tight for some things. Kilimanjaro Safaris, for instance, can get rather bumpy.
We didn't take him on all that much, because we preferred letting him sleep in his stroller, but that was a personal choice. We could have taken him on much more.

At 3 months old my niece was riding (and had been riding for awhile since her parents are CM's):

Anything in Fantasy Land - She particularly loved Dumbo!
Haunted mansion
Pirate of Caribbean
Buzz Light Year (we just didnt jerk the car around too much)

We were at MVMCP and she just hung out in her Bjorn carrier and happily watched everything. The only thing she really hated was the parade (too noisey). However, the fireworks put her to sleep.

No to anything with a height requirement and we also stayed off the Tea Cups.

Once she had a little head control (around 6 months) her dad started to take her on things at other parks. Such as the Safari at AK, which was his favorite nap tool as it put her to sleep *every* time. She loved AK because it had tons of things to look at.

The Figment ride at Epcot frightened her because some bits are kinda loud. But she adored spaceship earth and Nemo.

We took DD on almost every non-height restricted ride.

I wore her in a wrap for most of the trip, and for a lot of the rides, I didn't even need to remove her from the wrap. She slept through POTC, TTA, and a few others. I kept her in the wrap for the Safari as well. She was awake, but I felt she was more secure in the wrap.

We'll be doing the same with DS when we go in less than a month.

IASW was DD's favorite at 6 months. She smiled and cooed like crazy!

everything without a height restriction. if it wasn't there would be a restriction.

Of course all of the above is assuming the child is healthy enough for all those attractions. With a child that young, there is going to be some playing it by ear. Some things, as others said, a few like the tea cups - it may be best to steer clear. I know at other parks I've visited their tea cups DID have a height restriction. Other infants may be sensative to loud sounds or something.

A fun thing though is that the child will be far to young to understand the implications of rides like the Haunted Mansion. Such attractions may even prove a great place for a feeding or nap.

Some attractions are going to be a bit loud. Not sure that will impact your six month old, but it could if they are sensative to sound.

One thing I think the very little DO get from WDW, is great sensory stimulation: sghts, smells, sounds. That is valuable for early development.

Most all of the rides in Fantasyland are OK for babies that age. I would HIGHLY recommend a Bjorn carrier or something similar. Not only does it make it easier when you are waiting in line but on the rise it assures that the little one isnt going to wiggle out!

Getting alittle ahead....but Bjorn (I hope I'm spekking that right) also makes a "toddler" one that holds kids up to 40 lbs! Now, you would not want to walk around holding them for hours on end, but for waiting in lines or brief rides it has been perfect for our DD18Mos!:wizard:

We're going in a couple weeks and my baby will be 4 months old (wow, already, on both accounts, lol.!). I plan on taking him on anything possible. I have a beco carrier, so that'll make things easier. There's some rides like the tea cups that don't have a height restriction, but I don't plan on taking him on them....so it just depends. Most rides are young kid/baby friendly.

DD was 6 months old for her first trip. We were able to do a lot with her. I remember asking a CM if she could ride Peter Pan and being told that there is no age restriction for any attractions in Fantasy Land. We had her on anything that wasn't too fast or jerked around too much. She really seemed to like It's a Small World and the Gran Fiesta Tour in Epcot. Also, we thought it was a riot having her picture taken on Spaceship Earth and seeing it on the big screen after the ride. Have a great time!

What about rides like Maelstrom in Norway? Would that be something an infant could ride on my lap on? Going in Feb. with a 5 month old and my other kids LOVE Maelstrom!

Most all of the rides in Fantasyland are OK for babies that age. I would HIGHLY recommend a Bjorn carrier or something similar. Not only does it make it easier when you are waiting in line but on the rise it assures that the little one isnt going to wiggle out!

Getting alittle ahead....but Bjorn (I hope I'm spekking that right) also makes a "toddler" one that holds kids up to 40 lbs! Now, you would not want to walk around holding them for hours on end, but for waiting in lines or brief rides it has been perfect for our DD18Mos!:wizard:

If you want a carrier that you can hold them for hours on end, get an Ergo, Beco, or Boba.

For a 3mo I would suggest a ringsling or a wrap though - they are much more comfy for littler babies (though I had DS2 in the Ergo at 3mo, he's a big baby!).

What about rides like Maelstrom in Norway? Would that be something an infant could ride on my lap on? Going in Feb. with a 5 month old and my other kids LOVE Maelstrom!

Yes. *anything* without a height requirement is ok.

We took DD at 6 mo and she rode lots. More that what she couldn't ride.

Particular favorites were POTC, Gran Fiesta, and HM. She loved the motion of the rides. Rides like POTC she rode while in our carrier (helped with the mini-drop).

Make sure to give baby time out of the stroller. And ziplock baggies will be your best ally.

I took my 4 month old on everything that didn't have a height requirement! You will have a great time! I used an ergo carrier in the hip carry hold for much of that trip....loved it!

Particular favorites were POTC, Gran Fiesta, and HM. She loved the motion of the rides. Rides like POTC she rode while in our carrier (helped with the mini-drop).

So they will let you wear the baby on some rides?! Are there some rides that allow all heights, but do not allow you to wear them?! Or, is it just up to the CM to decide? Is there an official rule about this? I was wondering about wearing an infant as well.

I've always taken my babies on anything that they would allow me to take them on. A lot of the darker rides are perfect for feeding times.

So they will let you wear the baby on some rides?! Are there some rides that allow all heights, but do not allow you to wear them?! Or, is it just up to the CM to decide? Is there an official rule about this? I was wondering about wearing an infant as well.

It seems to be up to the cm. Most were ok with the baby in the carrier and when they weren't we just took our ds out right before we boarded the ride.

My son rode everything that didn't have a height restriction (unless he was napping in the stroller) and he nursed/slept on 90% of the rides. He loooooved Grande Fiesta. in the Mexico pavilion

Yes. *anything* without a height requirement is ok.

Maelstrom does not have a height restriction, but it does have an age restriction. Children must be 3 years old or older to ride.

If you want a carrier that you can hold them for hours on end, get an Ergo, Beco, or Boba.

For a 3mo I would suggest a ringsling or a wrap though - they are much more comfy for littler babies (though I had DS2 in the Ergo at 3mo, he's a big baby!).

Agreed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter