Rides that don't require masks?

Ldat7

Earning My Ears
Note: Please don't make this a debate about masks.

I can't seem to find a comprehensive list of rides that don't require a mask. Can anyone link me to one?

Here's my best guesses (and what I've heard) for those that don't need one, but please correct me if I'm wrong or add if needed:

DL- Autopia, Astro Obitor, King Arthur's Carousel, Story Book Canal, Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Not sure about the boats or the railroad...does that count as transportation?

DCA- Grizzly River Run, Golden Zepher, Goofys Sky School, Jumpin Jellyfish, Silly Symphony Swings, Inside Out, Incredicoaster

For DL, I think others would be Dumbo and the Teacups. For DCA, there are also the other two outdoor Carsland rides (Mater and Luigi).

I wish we could get a list. My cousin had to wear one on Jungle Cruise and she didn't understand why.

I wish we could get a list. My cousin had to wear one on Jungle Cruise and she didn't understand why.
Was this at DL or WDW? At WDW the ride has an indoor portion and that's why it's required.

Matterhorn is a weird one where guests should be wearing masks since it does go indoors for the lift hill.

Was this at DL or WDW? At WDW the ride has an indoor portion and that's why it's required.

Matterhorn is a weird one where guests should be wearing masks since it does go indoors for the lift hill.

Disneyland. My family still lives in Southern California. So I'd really love a list.

Here you go... currently no need to wear masks on...
Disneyland
- Main Street Vehicles
- Carousel
- Dumbo
- Casey Jr.
- Storybook Land
- Gadget Go Coaster
- Matterhorn
- Tea Cups
- Autopia
- Disneyland Train
- Astro Orbiter
- Jungle Cruise
- Mark Twain
- Splash Mountain (hit or miss)
- Columbia
- Big Thunder Mountain

Disney California Adventure
- Pal Around
- Inside Out
- Symphony Swings
- Jellyfish
- Goofy's Sky School
- Grizzly River
- Zephyr
- Incredicoaster
- Mater
- Luigi (for the indoor queue only)

ME

Last edited:
I noticed that Splash was listed as hit or miss but masks were required last Monday morning when we rode.

Last edited:
I was glad that people were wearing masks when I rode it. Everyone is packed in together and in each other's faces.

I felt the same way. We were not told to wear masks when I rode a couple weeks ago, but I was glad people chose to. Same for the smaller Main Street vehicles and Storybook. Yep, you're outside, but you're squished in so tightly with other body parts touching. I was glad I happened to ride with other willing-to-mask-anyway people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter