• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rides for infants at WDW

prettypixie

Dznydva
Hello all~

I am hoping someone can help me, I will be traveling to Disney in October with my DS who will be 13 months. Are there any rides he can do?

M.K. - tootown, dumbo, carousel, pooh, country bears show(maybe), cinderella's castle show, train. It's a small world
MGM - playhouse disney (my kids enjoy this so much), honey I shrunk the kids payground
A.K. - dinosaurus (like dumbo), digging for fossil playground, train, safari ride, lion king(maybe)
epcot - living seas

He would probably enjoy just being pushed around in his stroller so he can look at every thing going on.

Don't forgrt the parades at the parks.

Hope this helps.

He can do anything that doesn't have a height restriction--almost everything! At 13 months he probably won't be afraid of much, either. Start with the calmer rides and work up to the others (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Snow White, etc) but expect to be able to do lots!!

I took both of my DD's just before their 1st birthdays. It's amazing how much they can do. MK is the best for the little set, but you'll see that they can do lots of other things at the other parks. Don't forget the parades. They love that. And the smaller they are, the less afraid they are if things!

Going with little ones is so much fun. Each year, they notice different things and get excited.

My daughter was 14 months old when we visited wdw the last time. We have older kids so I thought I'd just be pushing her around in the stroller or doing "baby swap". We did do a lot of that but, I was pleasantly surprised at all the rides she could go on, especially at Epcot. We had a great time. We did laugh that she got the biggest kick out of the birds flying & walking around the park picking up food that people dropped. It's also such a fun atmosphere there that when we were waiting for Dad & the older kids, I actually enjoyed hanging around the park. We'd get ice cream, go into the shops, play at the playgrounds, etc. I met and talked with a lot of people; 14 month olds have a way of engaging people into conversation! Have a great time!

I am glad to know of all the rides an infant can go on! We will be in MK when our DS is 13 months old. I have been worried that he could only be site seeing!

we took our daughter when she was ten months old. It was great. There was very little she couldn't go on. We had more fun watching her and watching her expressions than paying attention to the ride/shows

Originally posted by always dreamin'
Can you do the "Baby Swap" thing on all the rides or only on certain ones?

Baby Swap is available at most everything, but is not used as much on the tame things like Peter Pan, Pooh, It's a Small World, etc. But they will still let you use it.

We have been many times with children under 1 and 2 and they are able to do most everything but the coasters. I have also found that they are not as scared of the things that say "this ride may be too intense for small children" as my older child, niece or nephew were. But I must admit, they find more enjoyment in chasing the birds, listening to the music and just enjoying the atmosphere than any of the attractions. It helps you appreciate and enjoy the little things that you would have overlooked.

Going with small children is GREAT. Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter