Rides completely different/unique than Disneyland

I don't think there's DAS at Astro Orbiter - I thought it was only offered at attractions that have a lightning lane, and this one doesn't. I could be mistaken...
Yes, you’re mistaken

DAS is for all attractions
For attractions without a LL, you generally enter through the exit bypassing the entire queue

I live in California too so DL is my home park and I can tell u everything about it. I’ve been to WDW 20 or so times and still know very little. My thoughts:

MK-BTMRR is much better than the DL version. POC in DL is better. HM (especially the holiday version) is so much better at DL. IASW is very short in WDW, PPF the queue at WDW is much better SM the boats are side by side seating but that seems to be the biggest difference, BLSPR the guns can’t be removed! TS boring at WDW All the unique rides you should definitely do

HS-TOT I miss this in DL. All time favorite! TSMM much better queue

Epcot- SATW exactly the same, TT- radiator springs is far superior.

AK-KRR is much shorter that grizzly and boring but a nice relief on a hot day, dinasour-skip it!, not worth it.

As I mentioned the rides DL doesn’t have are great so focus on those. being able to walk between park at DL is great, but WDW is an amazing experience. While, for me DL will always be my favorite, Walt was actually there etc etc. I would never turn down an opportunity to go to either!

We’re doing the Christmas party this year at WDW and that will be a first for us!

I'm going to weigh in a bit differently. We just visited DL for the first time last month and chose to do all rides, including those that are the 'same' at both parks and are glad we did. They may be the same in name but not experience but that's okay! We enjoyed seeing the similarities and differences. Yes, each location has attractions where we like one coast over the other but, we were never disappointed to have experienced the same ride on 2 different coasts!

MK-BTMRR is much better than the DL version.
Really? I thought DL was better, it has the newer explosion effect that WDW has never gotten. Though the best BTMRR is in Paris.
I'd also say HM is better in WDW. It's longer, a lot of the stuff that is in the ride in WDW is only briefly seen in the queue in DL. Only missing the Hatbox Ghost, which is soon to be added.

I can’t wait for the Carousel of progress! And the people mover
Will want to do Swiss family, was bummed when that changed at Disneyland

My daughter remembers tower of terror from when she was younger and is super excited to ride that version
I love TOT and WDW's version is way better than the one in CA ever was since they had more space. You actually "ride through" the Twilight Zone intro. (In DL, though, I always loved the little girl in the 4h dimension in the line. Wish they had kept that as an "Easter egg".)

No one has mentioned Slinky Dog Dash, which anchors Toy Story Land at DHS. Great and fun family coaster, and is a must-ride.

DHS also has an Indiana Jones stunt show.

At MK, the daytime parade (Festival Of Fantasy) is a must. And don't miss the "scenic route" interactive queue at the back of the Haunted Mansion.

This is fun Hope you post a trip report…
Now let’s talk November 60 Day Dining Window!
Must book Sci Fi immediately and Liberty Tree Tavern!
or Homecomin‘ at Disney Springs
Plan to visit the La Cava De Tequila in Epcot Mexico…
Since they shuttered Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney you must visit the Earl Disney Springs.
I would even have to visit the Disney Springs AMC Theatre to cry over the deconstructive removal mess for your local AMC …
I have been reading about the many attempts to destroy and remove the Exterior entrance for that location due to the EarthQuake Constriction Codes … impossible to take it down!
And don’t forget to take the monorail thru the Contemporary Resort and the ferry from Transportation Center as the glorious view of MK appears. And seeing the Geyser at Wilderness Lodge!
Maybe the California Grill for their Sunday Brunch or maybe sitting later at their Bar to wait for that fireworks view.
Warning MK fireworks will disappoint because DL has the Best with their Tink , etc.
And I love Fantasmic at both locations but the HS Theatre seating is worth it.
Beauty and the Beast live performance in Hollywood Studios Theatre designed to be similar to the Hollywood Bowl . And the El Capitan Theatre at HS is so authentic, the California Graumans Theatre has had to use Floridas version to help keep refurbishment issues updated.
And in Epcot treat the World with respect and take the time to act like a tourist as you explore .Even consider buying the EPCOT Passport at the International Gate as you enter from your flight on the SkyLiner!
For example in France the Impressions de France theatrical experience only shown later in the evening needs to be studied on WikiPedia to understand the glory of this production. It won many awards win it was first presented when EPCOT opened .
Don’t forget the PeopleMover in the MK ! And after the Carousel of Progress you will see Progress City stolen from vintage DL

Hope you have time to enjoy a day and relax a day, enjoy, relax , enjoy, relax…It’s so much bigger in Florida.

Now what about Universal Srudios? Got a month to visit?Haha

Last edited:

I
This is fun Hope you post a trip report…
Now let’s talk November 60 Day Dining Window!
Must book Sci Fi immediately and Liberty Tree Tavern!
or Homecomin‘ at Disney Springs
Plan to visit the La Cava De Tequila in Epcot Mexico…
Since they shuttered Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney you must visit the Earl Disney Springs.
I would even have to visit the Disney Springs AMC Theatre to cry over the deconstructive removal mess for your local AMC …
I have been reading about the many attempts to destroy and remove the Exterior entrance for that location due to the EarthQuake Constriction Codes … impossible to take it down!
And don’t forget to take the monorail thru the Contemporary Resort and the ferry from Transportation Center as the glorious view of MK appears. And seeing the Geyser at Wilderness Lodge!
Maybe the California Grill for their Sunday Brunch or maybe sitting later at their Bar to wait for that fireworks view.
Warning MK fireworks will disappoint because DL has the Best with their Tink , etc.
And I love Fantasmic at both locations but the HS Theatre seating is worth it.
Beauty and the Beast live performance in Hollywood Studios Theatre designed to be similar to the Hollywood Bowl . And the El Capitan Theatre at HS is so authentic, the California Graumans Theatre has had to use Floridas version to help keep refurbishment issues updated.
And in Epcot treat the World with respect and take the time to act like a tourist as you explore .Even consider buying the EPCOT Passport at the International Gate as you enter from your flight on the SkyLiner!
For example in France the Impressions de France theatrical experience only shown later in the evening needs to be studied on WikiPedia to understand the glory of this production. It won many awards win it was first presented when EPCOT opened .
Don’t forget the PeopleMover in the MK ! And after the Carousel of Progress you will see Progress City stolen from vintage DL

Hope you have time to enjoy a day and relax a day, enjoy, relax , enjoy, relax…It’s so much bigger in Florida.

Now what about Universal Srudios? Got a month to visit?Haha
If we are talking non attraction to dos and you are at springs Gideon’s bake house

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter