Rides breaking down at alarming rate

I can vouch for the rides breaking down at an alarming rate. We were at DHS today. Park was busy being a Sunday and the MNSSHP at MK tonight.
We rode some of the lesser rides waiting for the crowds to all Start lining up for Fantasmic

At about 6:30pm ROTR, Smugglers Run and TSM were all down at the same time! We left tomgo
Back to the resort and when I looked again at the tip board MMRR was down at 8:15pm.
To have four of the major attractions all down at the same time is rediculous!

Im thinking about printing this thread out for my family to read at some point before our goodbye trip.

I would truly go into a trip with realistic expectation that your morning could be affected by a breakdown. Of 6 mornings that my wife and I were at rope-drop, 3 of them were significantly altered because of "delayed openings". A 50% chance of your morning being affected by a closure may be a little high.....but I suspect it's not by much.

We just finished our trip, spending one day in each park. While we noticed some rides were down temporarily, we were able to ride every single ride at every park. There may be some issues, but in our experience, they were minor. They certainly did not prevent us from enjoying all the attractions.

I’m sorry you felt my question was dismissive. This was not my intent but more to ask about weather in the area. You are correct that many attractions the OP listed are indoors but those attractions can be affected by weather too and this topic comes up on an almost weekly basis in the summer and many times ends up being weather related.

While weather mainly affects outdoor rides, due to Florida being the lightning strike capital of the US and now being into storm/hurricane season, I was questioning if the 2 could be related due to the power outages lightning creates.

In this case it appears it was not as additional information was provided by the OP.

It does appear there are more challenges now with ride functionality which is disappointing to guests, especially when they’ve waited a long time in line to ride only to have it breakdown.
I felt that your reply was dismissive, and typical of the DIS, as well. The rides are going down at an alarming rate and have been for 2 years now. Why can't people post the truth about their negative experiences without 'being corrected or questioned" by a mod or veteran? Just because some of us spend 50-100 days a year at WDW doesn't negate the disappointment of someone who has set their expectations or is bringing guests that have limited park entrance media. THERE IS NO EXCUSE short of a hurricane directly hitting or a major pandemic (at the beginning - COVID is an old story now) - for the rate of ride closures at WDW. It's lazy, unprofessional, sloppy, neglectful, cost cutting, and down right scary that they can't keep their rides running.

No better than a cheap moving carnival and its band of carnies.

My wife and I were there September 5-12 and experienced some really bad luck with rides broken down. Wednesday the 6th was EEH at MK. We were so looking forward to riding Space Mountain that night. It was closed all day. Friday the 8th we go to MK for the purpose of riding Space. We even ask if Space was up and running and were told yes. Right at rope drop the CM announced that Space was experiencing a delayed opening. Of course by this time we are behind the hundreds in line at Seven Dwarves so not much we can do. So......we end up spending a week at WDW and couldn't ride Space Mountain because it was broken down so much. 3 trips to MK this week, Space closed during every one of them.

Saturday the 9th.....AK opens at 8 so we are there for the 7:30 rope drop. Head to Everest because we wanted to get in several rides before heading to Safaris. You guessed it....broke down. The cast member spilled the beans by letting us know they didn't even have the trains on the track yet so it would be awhile before it opened. It did open a little after 9 but it sure messed up our early entry/rope drop plans.

Monday the 11th......we take the boat to DHS. Everyone else heads to Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land. We want to ride 2 rides....Tower of Terror and Rockin'Rollercoaster. Would you believe it......both are experiencing a "delayed opening". RnR never opened but Tower eventually did around 10:30.

So my thoughts.........
Staffing needs to change. Disney isn't bringing CMs in early enough to ensure that rides are ready to go at park opening. If they're going to promote early entry as a perk they need to make sure that rides are running for the guests who made the effort to get there early. The cost to get enough CMs in an hour earlier to operate Space Mountain would be miniscule to Disney's bottom line.

It would be great to notify guests somehow that rides are not going to open on time. That way we can adjust our plans and not position ourselves in a part of the park where we're behind everyone.
It's not bad luck. It is Disney's negligent attitude towards the attractions it offers. They don't care! All the stupid "pixie dust" in the world isn't going to change the fact that they are greedy money blood suckers. It's why the extremely incestuous group of leaders keeps returning.

The last couple of times we went many rides were down. It was disappointing. I expect that at amusement parks that are lesser known than Disney but for this to happen at Disney is unacceptable. You have people from all over the world coming to Disney. Its even worse for it to occur when the cost of tickets is so high. No excuse for this Disney.

I can vouch for the rides breaking down at an alarming rate. We were at DHS today. Park was busy being a Sunday and the MNSSHP at MK tonight.
We rode some of the lesser rides waiting for the crowds to all Start lining up for Fantasmic

At about 6:30pm ROTR, Smugglers Run and TSM were all down at the same time! We left tomgo
Back to the resort and when I looked again at the tip board MMRR was down at 8:15pm.
To have four of the major attractions all down at the same time is rediculous!
My friends and I were at DHS that day and were affected by the Smugglers/TSM/MMRR down time. All of us in line for MMRR G+ as we slowly made our way to resolution CMs with iPads turned to each other and said we’d never seen this many breakdowns at Disney before.

We just spent 6 days at the parks and experienced ZERO break downs. No doubt rides were not working for other guests, but that didn't happen to us. So far we've only had three malfunctioned rides out of the numerous rides experienced during the 8 trips taken since the reopening.

My friends and I were at DHS that day and were affected by the Smugglers/TSM/MMRR down time. All of us in line for MMRR G+ as we slowly made our way to resolution CMs with iPads turned to each other and said we’d never seen this many breakdowns at Disney before.
I Wrote an email to Guest relations and this is the reply...It doesn't really give much confidence that anyone really cares...

"Thank you for your e-mail to the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and are sorry for the disappointments you mentioned in your e-mail regarding Magical Enhancements with some of the attractions during your visit to Disney's Hollywood Studios®.

We are saddened when any attraction is unavailable due to Magical enhancements. However, the safety of our Guests and Cast Members is our number one priority and from time to time, it may be necessary for an attraction to be removed from service due to a variety of reasons. Rest assured that it remains our goal to create magical memories and exceed the expectations of our Guests during each and every interaction that you have with us and that we do try to return attractions to normal service as soon as it is safe to do so.

Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our leadership team, along with the appropriate management, as feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

Once again, thank you for contacting us. We sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to entertain you soon."

I felt that your reply was dismissive, and typical of the DIS, as well. The rides are going down at an alarming rate and have been for 2 years now. Why can't people post the truth about their negative experiences without 'being corrected or questioned" by a mod or veteran? Just because some of us spend 50-100 days a year at WDW doesn't negate the disappointment of someone who has set their expectations or is bringing guests that have limited park entrance media. THERE IS NO EXCUSE short of a hurricane directly hitting or a major pandemic (at the beginning - COVID is an old story now) - for the rate of ride closures at WDW. It's lazy, unprofessional, sloppy, neglectful, cost cutting, and down right scary that they can't keep their rides running.

No better than a cheap moving carnival and its band of carnies.
Just spent a weekend there. TTT (People Mover) broke down and Haunted Mansion broke down 3 times - for a total of 30 minutes out of our $$$ Halloween party. Pirate was closed.

Just spent a weekend there. TTT (People Mover) broke down and Haunted Mansion broke down 3 times - for a total of 30 minutes out of our $$$ Halloween party. Pirate was closed.
Ya, getting stuck on a ride during a special paid event is a whole new ballgame there. Never gave that much thought. That is $$$$.

Ya, getting stuck on a ride during a special paid event is a whole new ballgame there. Never gave that much thought. That is $$$$.
I think that is what people are trying to convey here. If you are not an annual pass holder, multiple rides being down or being stuck somewhere is $$$$ when they only have maybe that 1 day in that park.

I think that is what people are trying to convey here. If you are not an annual pass holder, multiple rides being down or being stuck somewhere is $$$$ when they only have maybe that 1 day in that park.
Yes, that's us too. One reason I wished I had never purchased more tickets.

We've noticed this in our last 3 trips. More rides breaking down or closed. Our last trip, we were 1 group away from loading on Pirates and the ride closed down. No idea when it will reopen. no return pass offered.

I wrote to Disney Word guest services and received the same generic reply as is mentioned above. A couple of days later someone from guest relations reached out and asked the specific dates/times of our park visits when the breakdowns occurred. My reply was as specific as I could be. A couple of days after that I received an email with the news that Disney was sending my wife and me each a 2-day PH pass that was good for any time during the next 5 years.

So I expected to receive nothing back from Disney but was pleasantly surprised that our situation was listened to.

In June, ROTR was down almost every morning. And they kept making people leave the area. Of course when it came back up the queue was full to 3 hours in a flash.

Smugglers was down a lot too, but I could use single rider when it was up.

Runaway Train went down while I was on it - TWICE - and was evacuated. Got anytime LL for it of course.
But due to park reservations it was hard to revisit broken down rides. No flexibility to change my park plans and only AK had last minute availability.

Haunted Mansion was down for 3 half days while I was there also.

Is that more than usual? hard to say. But it required adjustments more than half of my days.

We just spent 6 days at the parks and experienced ZERO break downs. No doubt rides were not working for other guests, but that didn't happen to us. So far we've only had three malfunctioned rides out of the numerous rides experienced during the 8 trips taken since the reopening.
Sounds like you are referencing attractions breaking down while you were on them? I don't think this is specifcally what most are talking about. An attraction being down does not have to break down while you are on it to negatively impact you. When an attraction is down, it removes your opportunity to experience it for as long as it is down. Plus it forces more guests to other attractions and areas, making those lines longer and those areas more crowded.

On our post opening trips we have also been lucky enough to not have an attraction break down while we are on it. This is always going to be a rare thing because there are a limited number of people actually on the attractions at any given time. But we certainly have seen many non-weather related attraction closures while we have been in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter