Rides breaking down at alarming rate

Really getting fed up with this now. MMRR opened up briefly again and almost immediately went down - whole queue evacuated yet again.

I’ve got three “Select experiences” passes now due to breakdowns today. We paid for Genie+ today and have barely got to ride anything even though I have that and DAS. Queues are insane now - 2 hours on reopened Slinky, Toy Story Mania is an hour, Smugglers Run is 75 minutes.

We just went on Indiana Jones and they announced just before it started that the show would be altered due to technical difficulties. We just saw the Cairo scene and it ended in 15 mins.

Has anyone complained to Guest Services in this kind of situation before? (We are resort guests, if that matters).

I'd at the very least go and request a refund for Genie+, but I'd also mention that you find the situation disappointing and expect more from Disney.

I'd at the very least go and request a refund for Genie+, but I'd also mention that you find the situation disappointing and expect more from Disney.
Absolutely - my main concern here is not to try get something for free, I want to (hopefully) be part of an large group pushing complaints higher up the chain to hopefully convey the message that they need to increase spending on maintenance.

Has anyone complained to Guest Services in this kind of situation before? (We are resort guests, if that matters)

Definitely talk to Guest Services. We talked to 3 different Guest Services cast members when we were there. All were very helpful and very understanding. Each one also encouraged us to contact Disney through email and share our concerns. There was very much a "we want to push this through and let those in authority hear it" vibe with the CMs.

Staffing needs to change. Disney isn't bringing CMs in early enough to ensure that rides are ready to go at park opening. If they're going to promote early entry as a perk they need to make sure that rides are running for the guests who made the effort to get there early. The cost to get enough CMs in an hour earlier to operate Space Mountain would be miniscule to Disney's bottom line.
This, a thousand times. And they need to invest much more in preventative maintenance. Cutting corners on upkeep and maintenance labor costs is coming back to haunt them.

We’re at MK today, Tron was down for around 2 hours and Space Mountain and SDMT have both been down for an hour and counting.
It's unfortunate but there will always be times when attractions are down. Hopefully they're back up soon.

When this happened to us a few weeks ago we just went to other attractions then circled back when they reopened. Rides go down but especially at MK there are a number of other options to use your time. DHS is definitely more challenging as their are far fewer attractions and it seems many of the popular ones go down at the same time but at MK there is so much else to fill your time until an attraction is functioning again.

Rough morning in HS - RotR, Slinky and MMRR (some might say THE three top tier rides at HS) all down at rope drop. MMRR opened around 09:05, Slinky “opened” for 5 minutes then they had to clear out the queue they just let in as it went down again.

Both Slinky and RotR still down at 09:36.
If only people could park hop when this happened. It would help with the crowds

It's unfortunate but there will always be times when attractions are down. Hopefully they're back up soon.

When this happened to us a few weeks ago we just went to other attractions then circled back when they reopened. Rides go down but especially at MK there are a number of other options to use your time. DHS is definitely more challenging as their are far fewer attractions and it seems many of the popular ones go down at the same time but at MK there is so much else to fill your time until an attraction is functioning again.
Unfortunately as more of a coaster person and someone into modern themed rides like MMRR, Rise of the Resistance, Remy etc, I find that Magic Kingdom probably has probably the least rides of interest to us, personally. A lot of the rides feel fairly dated and we don’t feel the desire to ride them more than the once or twice we already have.

We’re really here for the coasters - particularly Tron and Space Mountain. Aside from that, PotC and Haunted Mansion are probably the only others we want to see again in MK. We do like other parts of the park, though.

It’s just really frustrating to have this happen two days in a row (and our last two days, at that), with so many big ticket rides. We didn’t get a chance to use all of our compensatory LLs yesterday as by the time everything was back working, we weren’t able to fit everything in (well, without going back and forth on opposite sides of the park). We did our best to get as much done as possible.

Unfortunately, and I hate to put this out there....but this may be a situation where someone has to get hurt before they will maintain the rides to what they should be.....

Just back from 10 days at WDW and had an amazing time and have a lot of reviews but the one thing I noticed worse than ever before was an abundance of rides, especially the bigger draws, breaking down at an alarming rate. I check the app regularly just to look at wait times and I would notice rides down at the other parks I wasn't in that day too. Wait times were out of control yet the parks were not packed at all. I attribute this to all the breakdowns. I rope dropped Hollywood and Rise wasn't working from the get-go so it wasn't a matter of overworking/stressing the mechanisms. Remy...constantly down. Frozen ever after...down a LOT. Rise I noticed down often. And not even all the newer technologies. Pirates would be down a lot. Peter Pan. Pooh. I even saw People Mover down once...I didn't know it could even stop! Etc. Etc. Definitely a little disconcerting.

Luckily this trip was an easy going one but if I was there for only a few days and wanted to do a lot I probably wouldn't have been able to depending on the day. Also MK specific, thank goodness Tron is there bc you really realize how many people Splash Mountain ate up. All those people now on other lines. Then when anything big goes down...forget about it!

I think it just depends on the day. I was there in August and saw People Mover down for a short time and one of the elevators at ToT for about 15 min. There are so many factors that go into it.

Unfortunately, and I hate to put this out there....but this may be a situation where someone has to get hurt before they will maintain the rides to what they should be.....
They do that for the rides where there’s significant risk of injury though? RnRC was closed for months for a refurb and last year they were running ToT on one side as they refurbed the other and they also took down Everest for a few months. In an annoying coincidence I happened to be there while all these refurbs were happening. Truth be told, some of these rides are old enough that you could argue that they should just tear some of them down and fully replace them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter