Rider Swap??

tmaxwell

Mouseketeer
So I have two adventurous kids - one 8 and one 6 - and one not so adventurous husband. Both would love to ride Everest (if the 6 year old is tall enough) but there's no way hubby will do it. Is this a rider swap situation or can the 8 year old sit with another person (I would hate to say stranger but it would be a stranger). Thanks!

Anyone 7 or older can sit without a parent. If you really don't want them to sit with a stranger, you can ask the CM if they can sit alone. They don't have to grant the request, and may not if it's super busy, but it's likely they will. When we went, we had a party of 3 and for the 2 seater rides, they never sat anyone next to the third "single" person and we never even had to ask.

This isn't something a rider swap would be granted for, but as I said, you shouldn't have a problem with the 8 yo sitting alone.

No I don't have a problem with my 8 year old sitting alone or with a "stranger" on certain rides.

Now my next question is can my 8 year old and 6 year old sit next to eachother for Toy Story Mania? I really want to kick my hubby's butt....lol

Another way you can do Everest if you want to ride sitting by each child is to make a FP+ for all four of you. You can ride with one child while the other waits with your husband. When you are done, borrow your husband's Magic Band (with the FP+) and ride again with the second child.

Now my next question is can my 8 year old and 6 year old sit next to eachother for Toy Story Mania?

No. Kids must be 7 yrs old to ride without an adult (or with someone age 14+). The 8-yr-old can ride solo, or with another kid 7+, but unfortunately the 6-yr-old must ride with an adult. Next trip the 2 kids can ride together... :)

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter