RideMax Users Thread (FAQs Linked in First Post!)

:surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb:

Anybody else waiting on July?

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Oh yes, yes, yes!!! We arrive July 13th and stay until the 23rd, and I am eagerly awaiting the July calendar to open up! I am hoping by Memorial Day weekend! But don't worry, it doesn't take a lot of time to plan things on Ride Max, you could even do it all in the same day for multiple park days! I have been playing around with the June calendar to get to know Ride Max so that once July opens up, I am a pro at it and can do everything right away! And then, you know, I'll probably play with it some more! ;)

But don't worry, it doesn't take a lot of time to plan things on Ride Max, you could even do it all in the same day for multiple park days! ... And then, you know, I'll probably play with it some more! ;)

That is the problem! :rotfl2:
I run one plan then I think ok... what if I ... then I run another plan... :surfweb: and another...:surfweb: and another... :surfweb: :rotfl: You get the idea!
Love my RideMax. :love:

We used RideMax for the first time this morning at MK-what a success! We did Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Tom Sawyer Island, and Haunted Mansion. EVERYTHING was a walk on-except for BTMRR which we had FASTPASSes for; eventually the standby and FASTPASS lines merged, so we had to wait a few minutes. We started on schedule, got a little ahead after Pirates & Jungle Cruise, then got a bit behind because we stopped to meet Frontierland Donald and for a bathroom break. I walked on Splash, while mom got FPs for BTMRR. Then we headed over to Tom Sawyer Island, where we only stayed for about 15 minutes. Then we did BTMRR with the FPs and headed over to the Haunted Mansion, quite a bit ahead of schedule. We're heading back this afternoon, but the only things we're doing are Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse, Liberty Belle, Hall of Presidents, riding Splash & BTMRR with FP and hopefully meeting Ariel. I'm probably not going to use the plan because those attractions all swallow large amounts of people at a time. BTW a direct quote from my mom, who I think was a bit skeptical at first: "This is nuts!" walking through the empty Pirates line, while they were sending off empty boats!

now I just have to wait 22 days to start using them!:banana::banana:

[though of course I will be tweaking them throughout our stay!

Not silly at all. It is pretty easy to use. Just pick your park, pick a date and then put in the rides you want. Make adjustments for when you plan to leave & arrive and add in any breaks for ADR's, submit it and you will get a touring plan.

We are heading down on the 26th and I still need to work on my plans for the trip for many of my dates.

I like the set up of being able to pick and choose attractions better than many of the plans out there.

It can take some tweaking, but it does not take a long time to get the hang of it.

Actually, Ridemax suggests that you make your final touring plans as close to your travel date as possible for the most accurate prediction of crowd levels, and wait times, so it is not at all silly to get it now!

I have a question about ridemax. I have not purchased it yet. I have read a lot of this post may have missed this however.

What do you do if you have an unforseen break or your are falling behind due to your kids not keeping up? Are there allowances or tips in the plans once you finalize them for this in the program. I know you can choose slow. However if you have a huge delay, what do you do? DO you just pick up where you left off or do you skip ahead to the time you are at and just miss what you missed?

I don't want to overplan the day just want a gameplan for the rides and shows we want to see.

I am considering buying it but want to know about this first before I commit!
Thanks!!

We have 8 park days, some we don't have parks selected for. It's our 1st trip and the kids don't know. Should I just do possible scenerios? Or eo you leave some days not "ridemaxed" and go back for favorites?

We have 8 park days, some we don't have parks selected for. It's our 1st trip and the kids don't know. Should I just do possible scenerios? Or eo you leave some days not "ridemaxed" and go back for favorites?

I would vote to ridemax for the parks you are most likley to want to see again and if you get there and find it's not what you want to do you can put it away and wing it but at least you have a plan or two if you find crowds are big and you like the flow of not haivng to think about what to do next.

I was torn as to which planner to get - and now RM it will be! We don't leave until Aug - so I'm going to wait a few weeks to get it, but man - I'm itching to start playing NOW! DH thinks its an illness!

:banana::banana::banana:

Can someone tell me how to add a parade... I have tried and tried and can't seem to get one added

The parade should show up in the list of rides/attractions you have to select for the day. If is doesn't it maybe because that day there is no parade for some reason. What day, park, parade are you trying to work in?

Just wanted to post an update of how RideMax worked for us. I'll break it down by day.

5/18: This was our first day at MK. We got ahead of schedule after the first two rides, so we took a bathroom/character break. This put us a tad behind schedule, but we soon caught up to ourselves, mainly because Tom Sawyer Island didn't capture our interest enough for 45 minutes there. By the time we got to Haunted Mansion, we were about 20 minutes ahead and there was no wait, as opposed to the 5 predicted. After that, we even had time to meet Naveen and Tiana. We took an afternoon break, but did not use the plan when we returned because of the attractions we were doing. We had dinner, met Ariel & Prince Eric, rode the Liberty Belle (caught it right before it pulled out), saw Hall of Presidents (minimal wait), used my FP for Splash (minimal wait), and did the Tiki Room (no wait). We did some shopping and then sat on a bench in Town Square to wait for Wishes.

5/20: This was our first day at DHS. Mom couldn't drag herself out of bed so I reran the plan to put the stuff we wanted to do together later. I went ahead for rope drop and did the TSM powerwalk. I was the 15th person in line and the first on the ride, so really no wait. I had the GAD exchange card, so I managed to secure 4 more FPs for later. After that I met a lot of characters and got FPs for Star Tours, which really wasn't necessary. When Mom finally arrived, we headed to the Backlot Tour, minimal wait for that. Next we grabbed lunch, then rode TSM twice in a row using our FPs. Finally we rode Star Tours. The FPs were not collected as there was no wait. After that I wasn't feeling well, plus it was very humid that day so we left. We skipped Indy Jones, the Great Movie Ride, LMA, and the Muppets.

5/22:This was our Epcot World Showcase day. I did not use RideMax; instead I made my own plan using the times guide and it worked very well. The only thing we didn't see that we wanted to was Mo'Rockin. Other than that we met lots of characters, went on the boat rides in Norway and Mexico, saw the USA show, saw the movies in China, France, and Canada, watched the British Invasion, part of Voices of Liberty, and the Dragon Legend Acrobats. We also saw IllumiNations.

5/23: This was our only AK day. We started off grabbing some FPs for KS, then riding standby. The wait was about the 10 minutes predicted. Then we headed over to Kali, wait was minimal. We then saw Flights of Wonder, brief wait. Next we got a snack, which put us a little behind schedule, but the next attraction was the Maharajah Jungle Trek and there weren't many animals out, so we didn't spend 35 minutes there. We grabbed our FPs for EE, then had lunch before seeing Nemo. Wait was about 30 minutes as predicted, but it was spent sitting in the theater, an unexpected surprise. We then headed across the park to FotLK, which had a brief wait. After that, we had enough of the park. It was hot and crowded, we were getting cranky, and the people were just very rude that day. So mom headed back to the hotel while I rode EE 2x, once using the FP and once using the singles line. I had 2 FPs, I just wanted to see which would be faster. It was the FP line, believe it or not. I headed back to the hotel after that.

5/24: Second MK day. Got our FPs for Space, rode Buzz 2x, and were right on schedule for Pooh. However, RM let me down a bit here. It said the wait would be 2 minutes; posted was 20. It was about 10. Luckily, we did still make it over to Toontown Ropedrop and we were the second family to meet the fairies. I had made two plans, one with 55 minutes in TT, and one with 90 minutes. Since we had seen the fairies so quickly, we decided to use the 55 minute one. We toured Mickey's house, met him & Minnie (10 min wait), then toured her house. We also shopped for a bit at County Bounty. This put us a few minutes behind, but when we arrived at Snow White, the wait was still only about the 8 minutes predicted. Next we got our FPs for Peter Pan, then walked over to IASW. The wait time said 20 minutes, but it was 11:10 and we had a lunch ADR for 11:30 so that wouldn't work. We just went back after lunch. We took an afternoon break and then returned. I had 2 FPs for Space, so while mom did some shopping I rode. Only once, because it was too jerky for me. Then we had a bit of a fiasco. Mom was supposed to call me when she got to Space so we could go get dinner. She kept forgetting to dial our area code, so her calls wouldn't go through to me. My calls kept going to her voicemail. An hour of panic later we finally caught up. I had gotten dinner at Cosmic Ray's so while she finished that, we calmed down. Now we had to choose an attraction to skip. We rode the TTA and CoP, skipping the Monsters Inc Club. Then we headed to PhilharMagic (short wait) and rode Peter Pan with the FPs. We then staked out our place for Spectro, right where it ends in Frontierland, about an hour ahead of time. When it ended we had just enough time to get to Town Square for Wishes, which I didn't stay for all of.

5/25: Second day at the Studios. We arrived to get FPs for Tower of Terror, since mom wouldn't ride, but did want to go through the queue with me. I decided I would skip FPs for RnR and just use the singles line later. We got lunch at 50's Prime Time, then headed to the Little Mermaid. RM sort of failed me here, too. Predicted wait was 17 minutes, actual would have been 35. No way. So we grabbed a FP for later and headed to One Man's Dream, then the Animation movie. Mom didn't want to do the drawing part. :confused3 After that, we were again hot, humid, tired, and cranky. We decided to not go to the Little Mermaid and headed to Beauty & the Beast instead. Then we left the park. We skipped Little Mermaid & Block Party Bash. I returned by myself later (Mom had caught a stomach bug) and rode ToT with my FP. Then I headed to RnR, to see the singles line was closed and the stand by line is 60minutes. :headache: So I joined the small crowd at 7:15 waiting to see Fantasmic at 9pm. I got an aisle seat in the Mickey section about 5 down from the top. :thumbsup2 RideMax's exit tips worked like a charm. Even stopping to take some photos, I got a seat on the first bus out and from the time Fantasmic started to the time I got back to my room was just about an hour.

5/27: Second Epcot day. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, we started about 10 minutes behind. However, the plan still worked fine. We hit Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, the Circle of Life, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, and got Soarin' FPs. We eventually caught up to ourselves at Turtle Talk, where there was no wait. We were the second to last family admitted. After that we had plenty of time for the aquariums. I grabbed FPs for TT as soon as the window opened, then we rode Soarin' using FP. After that we got lunch, rode Ellen's Energy Adventure, and got FPs for Mission Space. After our afternoon break, we rode Test Track and I did Mission Space. They didn't collect my FP as there was no wait. We got dinner and saw IllumiNations.

Overall, RideMax worked well and I do recommend it to others.

Just wanted to post an update of how RideMax worked for us. I'll break it down by day.

5/18: This was our first day at MK.

5/20: This was our first day at DHS.

5/22:This was our Epcot World Showcase day.

Overall, RideMax worked well and I do recommend it to others.

Thanks so much for the play by play!! Very good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter