Ride wait times - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Violet123

Earning My Ears
Mostly interested in short wait times for rides in order for MNSSHP to be worth it for my 11 y/o and 14 y/o boys. What are ride wait times like during this event? Specifically looking to go on a Tuesday or Thursday in late September.

It's so hard to predict since we haven't had one since 2019.

I can tell you previous to that, the park was crowded from 4-7 until the day guests started leaving. Lines were still longer after 7 than they were after the fireworks. It seemed like a lot of people left after that.

As it got later, more rides were walk on or close to it. There were even times that we were allowed to stay on the ride and go again.

We've done 3 MNSSHPs in the past. Enjoyed every one.

Mostly interested in short wait times for rides in order for MNSSHP to be worth it for my 11 y/o and 14 y/o boys. What are ride wait times like during this event? Specifically looking to go on a Tuesday or Thursday in late September.
The ride times are usually very short or walk ons all night. The exceptions are Peter Pan and SDMT. Those two are shorter than they normally are but are never walk ons. Our strategy is the same as yours. My kids want to do the rides and watch one of the parades, which we do from Frontierland. We have been to many parties always on Tuesdays in late September.

If its like previous years (2019 and prior) expect VERY long lines just like any other day at the park. We were there in 2019 and it was a CRAP SHOW. All headliners were over an hour, even during parades and fireworks.

If its like previous years (2019 and prior) expect VERY long lines just like any other day at the park. We were there in 2019 and it was a CRAP SHOW. All headliners were over an hour, even during parades and fireworks.
Interesting. We haven't had that experience and go every year, the last one being in 2019. I will say that there were many more people in 2019 but the lines for the ride weren't bad for us at all.

We did that in 2018, on a night when it wasn't sold out and the big rides were 45 minutes +.
The popular character M&Gs were over an hour. Jack and Sally were pushing 2 hours.
Big crowds for the parade, fireworks and stage show, but could still see very well.

You will not be able to get an decent gauge until the parties start (and full disclosure by then it might be too late to get tickets to whatever date you want). Disney has a history of increasing capacity at their parties so predicting crowds are literally impossible. I would expect shorter waits than average, but nothing super great. I remember last year reports were all over the place, from walk-on to so much was down it was worse than an afternoon.

Our 2019 August experience (and I believe it was on the Tuesday after the first party, so 3rd party?) was pretty crowded. DDs waited almost 2 hours to see Stitch which made them give up on other characters. Getting a good spot for the parade wasn't hard though.

I can't remember what wait times were for rides, but the park, in general, was pretty packed. That being said, we definitely had a great time! I want to say later in the night, we did more rides when wait times went down, but our focus wasn't on rides earlier in the night. (We loved the Pirates overlay!)

The ride times are usually very short or walk ons all night. The exceptions are Peter Pan and SDMT. Those two are shorter than they normally are but are never walk ons. Our strategy is the same as yours. My kids want to do the rides and watch one of the parades, which we do from Frontierland. We have been to many parties always on Tuesdays in late September.
I'm wondering if September Tuesdays are typically quieter since kids are back in school and less people traveling? August people are still on summer break and October is well, October :).

This year we're going in September, but probably on a Sunday. I'm interested to see what the differences are (although being travel is so unpredictable these days...it may not align, lol).

We've done MNSSHP times(and boo bash once last year) and in our experience the wait times are better than a normal park day but not as short as an after hours event.

As the night goes on and the crowds thin out you can find walk on times for a lot of the lower tier attractions like Pooh, Peoplemover, Pirates, etc, but the big rides like 7DMT and Peter Pan usually hover above 30-45 min.

If you're only looking for short wait times and don't care about the halloween aspect you'd be better off looking into the after hours parties if they come back. The MNSSHP highlights are the shows, meet n greets, and the snacks!

MNSSHP and Boo Bash are both crap shows. We have done MNSSHP since 2017 and Boo Bash last year. IMO not worth it and the ride times were long every time except in 2017. The only reason the lines were short and the party not crowded in 2017 is because we were there during Hurricane Irma and the parks were empty all week. Disney is overselling tickets for the event. We will be in Orlando in October at Universal and my 8 and soon to be 11 year old said no when I asked them if I needed to book MNSSHP. My youngest is too young for HHN but my older one wants to try it again. Last year she cried within 10 minutes so there's that lol. But back to MNSSHP, It is way way too expensive for 4 hours unless you really really want to watch the parade. That is the best part for sure. This is all just my opinion but I have been enough to know I will not go back.

MNSSHP and Boo Bash are both crap shows. We have done MNSSHP since 2017 and Boo Bash last year. IMO not worth it and the ride times were long every time except in 2017. The only reason the lines were short and the party not crowded in 2017 is because we were there during Hurricane Irma and the parks were empty all week. Disney is overselling tickets for the event. We will be in Orlando in October at Universal and my 8 and soon to be 11 year old said no when I asked them if I needed to book MNSSHP. My youngest is too young for HHN but my older one wants to try it again. Last year she cried within 10 minutes so there's that lol. But back to MNSSHP, It is way way too expensive for 4 hours unless you really really want to watch the parade. That is the best part for sure. This is all just my opinion but I have been enough to know I will not go back.
Ironically, we have had the opposite experience. Granted, we never do October as we travel beginning of September but we've found most times our MNSSHP lines have been much shorter than they are in the day, and Boo bash even more so last year. HHN however we had a terrible experience at... It felt super over-crowded and the wait times for the haunted houses didn't feel worth it at all. 90 min wait just to walk through a stranger things themed house with a few jump scares? Not for us

Ironically, we have had the opposite experience. Granted, we never do October as we travel beginning of September but we've found most times our MNSSHP lines have been much shorter than they are in the day, and Boo bash even more so last year. HHN however we had a terrible experience at... It felt super over-crowded and the wait times for the haunted houses didn't feel worth it at all. 90 min wait just to walk through a stranger things themed house with a few jump scares? Not for us
We did have opposite experiences for sure! We go first week of October and this past October we did both Boo Bash and HHN. Boo Bash was over $130 per person, no haunted houses, long wait times for rides, only 4 hours long and crowded. HHN was $89 per person, stage shows all over the park, 4 scare zones, craft food carts on every street, 10 haunted houses and the rides that were open were total walk on. We were able to do 9 houses without the HHN Express Passes and we took our time. Plus the $89 event is 8 hours long so that helped.

We went in August 2019 and found the wait times to be similar to those during the day. Lines were shorter during fireworks, but I suspect that could happen on a regular night.

We went back in 2015 and found there was no lines at all, but we also weren’t going on any of the huge rides. But, it was maybe 5-10 minutes wait for the rides we went on, if there was a wait at all, which is nothing. We went Halloween week.

Think it may be too soon to tell. The lines for rides used to be non-existent during the parties, but they started growing over the years, and in 2018 they were pretty long, and we unfortunately didn't really enjoy the party that year since it was just sooooo packed. We did find 2019 to be better, not as good as in the past with walk-ons, but the waits were around 30 minutes average until about 10pm, then they died down after that and some were walk-ons as the night went on. The rides with the overlays seemed to have longer waits throughout the night though.

So who knows what it will be like this year, I'm hoping with the big jump in price for tickets it'll mean a lower attendance, but probably just wishful thinking!

We are in the same boat - kids at the age they really want to do rides plus see fireworks / parade (less waiting for characters or dance parties). I'm thinking parade near frontierland... toying with the idea of buying Genie + for the 4-7 p.m. with thoughts that time may be super crowded with day-time cross over. We are going party only (no day tickets) on Labor Day... have no idea what to anticipate for crowds on that date.... going to have fun either way, but hoping to have a general plan on spending our party time trapped in lines.

We are in the same boat - kids at the age they really want to do rides plus see fireworks / parade (less waiting for characters or dance parties). I'm thinking parade near frontierland... toying with the idea of buying Genie + for the 4-7 p.m. with thoughts that time may be super crowded with day-time cross over. We are going party only (no day tickets) on Labor Day... have no idea what to anticipate for crowds on that date.... going to have fun either way, but hoping to have a general plan on spending our party time trapped in lines.
Unless you have a park ticket/hopper and a park reservation for the party day, you won't be able to buy Genie+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter