• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ride Stress. Help!

KristianLake

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, so I am not happy to be posting here. But I am supposed to be going to Universal Orlando in October and I am super nervous about this whole thing and am planning on canceling my trip because of my insecurities. Pretty much, I'm almost 300 pounds and wear a size 40 in mens pants (I used to be really depressed and ate to control my emotions. I am working on it now but it's hard)
Anyway, I'm scared I won't be able to fit on the rides and I was curious what you guys' experience is with this.

Don’t cancel your trip!

Went with my son and dil this year and they are your size
Only had an issue with two rides as they carry their weight in the front

but were able to do all the potter rides

First thing, try not to stress about it, as hard as that is. Weight issues are hard, I actually have been dealing with it for years and it's the never ending struggle.

For the rides, a lot of times it comes down to where your weight is carried. The best advice I can give you is check out YouTube videos, there are a lot of them that are helpful for showing people who are heavy and fitting on the test seats. Also, if you decide to keep your trip, try the test seats.

There are probably a max of 5-6 tighter restraint rides that give trouble, depending on how you carry your weight. That leaves a whole lot of Universal to enjoy, even if you can't do a few!

My husband is 350lbs and he still has an awesome time when we go (trips yearly). For sure I remember having to ride the mummy, forbidden journey and gringots without him. Most of the rides that he questions the fit on have a seat outside where you can try before you get in line. I hope you go and have a great time.

A lot of rides have a few larger seats. I know on The hulk there is one seat on a few rows that are for larger guests. The one with the red straps is the bigger seat. Go and have a great time!

20160801-_DSC9675.png

As the other posters have said, don’t cancel and don’t excessively worry. There are larger seats on some rides. I know Hulk has them and maybe Gringotts, my husband struggles with weight and wears a 44 waist pants, we’ve been seated in the back row at Gringotts. I don’t know if those seats are technically larger or they just have more room to try to help get the bar hooked? There will be test seats for most of the rides. Don’t be embarrassed. Thousands of people use the test seats that’s why Universal provides them. The cast members have always been helpful to us.

I can’t recommend enough that you watch youtube vids of the plus size Universal vloggers. They give their size and weight in most instances and film themselves trying out the seats.

I agree, don't cancel your trip! My friend went and was unable to fit on a few things, but she ended up still having a fantastic time because the Harry Potter theming is so magical. It definitely seems to depend on how you carry your weight, and varies wildly from person to person. I saw dozens of folks trying out the test seats while we were there last week, and no one batted an eye. Watching some plus-sized YouTubers is a great suggestion! I am definitely plus sized, and so I completely understand your concern. But there really are only a few rides that might even be an issue, and you can totally still go and have an amazing time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter