Ride Recommendations for the non-thrill riders

omniscientmommy

DIS Veteran
We're heading to Universal in November and our group consists of 2 seniors (late 60s), 2 adults (don't ride any coasters) and 2 kids (12 & 9). So, all of the adults don't do thrill rides, 3 are scared and I have motion sickness. I'm nervous for us to do Universal because it seems like it's more geared towards 'thrill seekers'. Is there enough for us to do over 5 days or could we see everything in like 2-3 days? 2 of us are big Potter fans so I figured like one day spent walking around those 2 areas could probably keep us entertained. Thoughts?

2-3 days is probably fine to do the rides and shows your group would want to do. There are rides that some of you might want to try depending on tolerances. If you have people in the group that really won't ride anything, then I don't know what they'd do for 5 days. The shows are fun but they're more of a way to take a break or cool off. There aren't enough of them to take up even 3 days.

When in November are you going? Last year they started the Holiday stuff like Grinchmas and the holiday parade mid November. Studios has Bourne Stunt Show, Hollywood Horror Makeup show, Animal Actor show,

All the Seuss stuff, ET, Hogwarts Express both ways. There’s live entertainment shows.

Get an interactive wand for HP sections. Probably don’t need 5 days but you can explore and enjoy your resort. Don’t have to go all day at the park.

How well do people in the travel group deal with motion simulators/4D rides? I'm a bit of a ride coward, but I can handle MIB, King Kong, Minions, Jimmy Fallon, and similar rides. Forbidden Journey is my limit. There is more than just roller coasters at Universal. 2-3 days is good if you are planning rope drop to close every day. 5 days works better if you want to go back to the resort each afternoon for some relaxing/pool time.

How well do people in the travel group deal with motion simulators/4D rides? I'm a bit of a ride coward, but I can handle MIB, King Kong, Minions, Jimmy Fallon, and similar rides. Forbidden Journey is my limit. There is more than just roller coasters at Universal. 2-3 days is good if you are planning rope drop to close every day. 5 days works better if you want to go back to the resort each afternoon for some relaxing/pool time.
I cannot do any of the simulators or 4D rides but the other adults in my group can.

As an official ride wimp - 2 days should be enough because there really aren't that many attractions overall.

I went on Escape from Gringotts and Forbidden Journey multiple times during my trip. I dislike roller coasters and found these rides fun and only a tiny bit scary. I love visiting both areas in USO and IOA, the detail is amazing! Def recommend getting an interactive wand and map.

I did most of the simulator rides but honestly, they're a cop out and hope universal includes more 'real' rides in epic universe. The worst was the Fast & Furious - such a trash 'ride'.

I love seeing all the areas in the park, they do a pretty good job at setting the scene. I love Jurassic Park the movie, I don't like the rides so really just walk through to see the shops and entertainment. I'm going again next month and have 2-3 days there at the end of our trip.

One of my favorite rides is the MIB ride. It's part ride, part game.

I say try it and see what happens, you really won't know until you go!

Reactions: AJA
As an official ride wimp - 2 days should be enough because there really aren't that many attractions overall.

I went on Escape from Gringotts and Forbidden Journey multiple times during my trip. I dislike roller coasters and found these rides fun and only a tiny bit scary. I love visiting both areas in USO and IOA, the detail is amazing! Def recommend getting an interactive wand and map.

I did most of the simulator rides but honestly, they're a cop out and hope universal includes more 'real' rides in epic universe. The worst was the Fast & Furious - such a trash 'ride'.

I love seeing all the areas in the park, they do a pretty good job at setting the scene. I love Jurassic Park the movie, I don't like the rides so really just walk through to see the shops and entertainment. I'm going again next month and have 2-3 days there at the end of our trip.

One of my favorite rides is the MIB ride. It's part ride, part game.

I say try it and see what happens, you really won't know until you go!
I agree with all of this. My family of four does not like coasters and other thrill rides. We were there for 3 days this summer, very heavy focus on Harry Potter stuff. Other than that, we were running out of things to do toward the end of each day. Not enough other IP to keep us interested and a good third to half of each park was stuff no one would ride.

We had a really good time, but day three was getting very repetitive.

You can probably cover it in 2-3 days.

How quickly you tour depends a bit how keen you are to see details. At Universal it is somewhat easy to walk right past some interesting stuff. Even if you decide to not ride some of the attractions, it can still be fun to explore the pre-shows and queues. Like the one for MiB is pretty fun, if you take time to look and appreciate it. Though that might be a ride you decide to ride. It is not a simulator, but it does spin. (Not the whole time, but it does spin.)

It is also easy to walk past the gift shops, but they can also be fun to explore. While some merchandise is not that exciting, some of it is fun, if not all to buy, at least to see it.

There are multiple hidden spells in Diagon Alley, that most people never find! Tons of detail in HP.

Also take time to explore the Dinosaur area.

It can also be fun to explore the hotels a bit. They aren't quite as exciting as the WDW ones, but they have many details, some interesting dining options, and the walking paths are nice. Shuttle boats are also great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter