ride question--spider man

Mousefan mom

Mouseketeer
Hello--

We are going to be traveling with my 83 year old Dad, and looking for some good rides that are fun, but gentle for him (he won't like anything with drops, too scary, etc.). I think Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railroad or Toy Story Midway mania will be fine for him--but can anyone tell me about the Spiderman ride? Is it more spinning/jerking than Mickey/Minnie or Midway mania, any drops or anything to be aware of?

If you have any other ride suggestions, please feel free to share them. He'll have a Scooter, DAS access--but balance is an issue for him and he has a pacemaker.

Thank you!!

No drops, but there are a couple of jerky movements at the start in particular - my 3 year old nephew slid across the seat, etc. It is, however a workout for your forearms. without giving anything away I am always sore afterwards! As long as he isn’t super competitive and isn’t going overboard he can still have fun watching the action vs participating.

My 77 year old day rode it and he was fine. As others said when the car starts moving, it can cause you to slide a bit. Have a great trip!

As others mentioned it can be a little jerky but that’s it. Others that might be ok in CA would be the little mermaid ( although there is they moving sidewalk to contend with there) , Mike and sulley. Maybe soaring over California/World, a non swinging car on the Ferris wheel, and inside out whirlwind is pretty tame. There’s probably a lot more options in Disneyland though.

I find it gentler than Toy Story. The spins on that one make me just a little sick. I agree with all of the above, plus Luigi's is pretty tame, too. An honestly Radiator Springs Racers isn't that intense, just fast. It's really not much different than riding in a car on the freeway. The only issue might be getting down into and up out of the car, and the DAS should be able to help with that?

My mom can’t ride anything terribly spinny or with drops, but she loves TSM and tolerated the Cars ride so she could see it. The picture they take on RSR is quite hilarious though, she looks terrified, but she was glad she went. If my mom can go on those rides your father absolutely can. Normally she’s not going on anything faster than a carousel.

The main thing for my mom was getting in and out of certain rides. Pirates was very difficult for her. Some nice gentleman who were sitting in front of us had to help get her out of the boat.

For little mermaid and haunted mansion, anything with the moving sidewalk, they can typically stop it long enough for your father to get on and off or they take you to a different area to load.
it is actually quite remarkable how accommodating Disney is.

My mom can’t ride anything terribly spinny or with drops, but she loves TSM and tolerated the Cars ride so she could see it. The picture they take on RSR is quite hilarious though, she looks terrified, but she was glad she went. If my mom can go on those rides your father absolutely can. Normally she’s not going on anything faster than a carousel.

The main thing for my mom was getting in and out of certain rides. Pirates was very difficult for her. Some nice gentleman who were sitting in front of us had to help get her out of the boat.

For little mermaid and haunted mansion, anything with the moving sidewalk, they can typically stop it long enough for your father to get on and off or they take you to a different area to load.
it is actually quite remarkable how accommodating Disney is.
I've observed over the years how amazing Disney is! I'm a teacher for the special needs children, and it is a favorite among my parents because they do such a great job of being accessible! Love!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter