Ride for Mom that gets quizzy on Merry Go Round

MinnieMore

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give us the real scoop on the intensity of the rides? I bought the guide book but it stops a bit short of what i'm looking for as far as the discriptions of the rides.

This is our first trip to US and IOA. We went through AAA and purchased the two day tickets with third day free, so we should have plenty of time. It will be my husband, my 8 year old daughter, my Mom and me.

What would be the tamest rides for my Mom (65) that gets quizzy just watching a Merry Go Round?

What about my eight year old daughter, who thinks she wants to try everything? (She's very tall for her age)

I get a little motion sickness too. Does dramamene(?) really work on rides? I would love the experience.

What rides jerk you around the most, don't really care for that?

After all this weeding out, I'm not sure there will be anything left. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have found that Bonine causes less drowsiness than Dramimine. If you get queezy on a merry-go-round you could have a hard time with a lot of the rides. Even the sweet little Cat in the Hat spins you a little. How are you with 3-D types of things?

Your 8-year old daughter will probably be fine and have a great time. Your mother might want to sit out on most of the rides. If a ride doesn't spin around alot it drops you our gets you soaking wet. Usually both. If she does not mind getting wet (soaking wet) "Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges" is not very intense. It is a traditional rapids ride so it spins somewhat, but not like a merry-go-round. Pteradon Flyers is pretty tame too, but she'll have to see it to make a decision. Things like Triceretops Encounter, Poeidon's Fury, JP Discovery Center, Camp Jurassic, If I Ran the Zoo, Me Ship the Olive, Twister, etc. are walkthrough type attractions that don't have a moving ride vehicle.

At US Jaws does not drop or spin and is not intense in that sense, E.T. is fairly smooth too, kind of like Pteradon Flyers, Twister doesnt move but has some shaking and wind effects that are not dizzying but are pretty startleing with loud noises etc. Earthquake is practically a show and only moves on a level track in two directions but like twister involves loud noises, shaking, etc. Kongfrontation has some minor vertical drops and might be a little too intense for someone with bad motion sickness. Back to the Future and MIB spin and shake and are worse than any merry-go-round I've ever been on. Your daughter might enjoy them though. T2 3D is a little less intense than twister and has some startling effects but doesnt move. The Hanna Barberra Ride will probably make your mother sick to her stomach even if she sits in a non-moving seat.

You are able to see most rides and make the decision by looking at them, for rides you can't see the ride attendant outside should be happy to fill you in on the intensity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter