Ride differences between DL and WDW

Dreams&wishes

DIS Veteran
Hi all we will be going to DL for two days before heading off to WDW for two weeks.

Just wondering what were the rides that are different or not present at WDW that we should be focusing on noting we only have two days so one day per park.

Thanks

Some rides may be closed for refurb but the only identical clones are little mermaid, Toy Story mania, star tours, rise, and smugglers run. All 5 rides have different queues but the ride experience is the same.

We are going to DLR for the first time ever next month. We bought park hoppers so we can experience both parks. We have been to WDW many times but are totally unfamiliar with DL and CA. We want to make sure we experience rides at DLR that they don't have at WDW. And not just the kiddy rides, but can't miss rides. I know that we can't do everything in one day. We aren't going to do any roller coasters, so that will shorten our list.

I'm looking for any suggestions from the DLR experts. :)

Here are rides that are completely not at WDW or very different. Stars next to some of my favorites and must-dos.

For DL:
Indiana Jones *
Snow White Enchanted Wish *
Mr Toad’s Wild Ride *
Pinocchio’s Daring Adventure *
Casey’s Train
Storybook Boats
Matterhorn Bobsleds *
Space Mountain (has variations, ie soundtrack) *
Pirates (much longer)
Davy Crockett Canoes
Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin
Alice in Wonderland *
Chip and Dale Gadget Coaster

CA Adventure:
Monsters Inc
Grizzly River Run
Incredicoaster *
inside out emotional whirlwind
Jumpin Jellyfish
Grizzly River Run
Guardians of the Galaxy: mission breakout *
Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree ( though this is basically aliens swirling saucers)
Luigi’s Rollicking roadsters
Radiator Springs Racers *
Pixar Pal-a-Round
Goofy’s Sky School *
Silly Swings
WebSlingers *

I have posted this before (quick repost). I hope it is helpful.

DL Exclusive Attractions:
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye (uses same ride system as DINOSAUR at AK)
Snow White's Enchanted Wish
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Mister Toad's Wild Ride
Casey Jr. Circus Train
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Alice in Wonderland
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin
Chip & Dale's Gadget Coaster
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
The Matterhorn (note this uses the same ride system as Space Mountain at MK)
Space Mountain (same theme but completely different ride)

DL Similar but not exactly the same:
Enchanted Tiki Room - longer show
Pirates of the Caribbean - longer with more show scenes
Haunted Mansion - even without the Nightmare overlay it is slightly different
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Big Thunder Mountain - some additional effects and scenery
Autopia - much longer than the Tomorrowland Speedway, but basically the same
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - removable laser blasters make it a little better

DL Exactly (or basically) the same:
Peter Pan's Flight - technically some minor differences
Dumbo
King Aruthur Carousel
Milennium Falcon: Smugglers Run - all of Galaxy's Edge is practically identical
Rise of the Resistance
Mad Tea Party
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway - The queue is very different and cool - may be new to you and is worth it if so.
Star Tours
Astro Orbitor - though at ground level

CA Exclusive Attractions:
Monsters Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue
Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout - based on Tower of Terror, though the DL version works a little differently
WEB Slingers
Radiator Springs Racers - this is like a massively bigger Test Track
Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters
Incredicoaster
Inside-Out Emotional Whirlwind
Silly Symphony Swings - though this is an off-the shelf "wave swinger" ride
Jumpin' Jellyfish
Golden Zephyr
Goofy's Sky School

CA Similar but not exactly the same:
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree - the same as Alien Swirling Saucers
Grizzly River Run - longer version of Kali River Rapids - definitely a wet ride!

CA Exactly (or basically) the same:
Mickey's Philharmagic! - smaller screen though
Turtle Talk with Crush
Ariel's Undersea Adventure - same as Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Jessie's Critter Carousel
Soarin' - though note sometimes they run it with the original Sorain' over California, in which case it is a must do!

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Those are great lists and exactly what I was looking for. There are a lot of rides that I never heard of.

People earlier have covered pretty much everything crucial/important. I would add that even if Radiator Springs Racers is too intense for you, it's still worth going to CarsLand for the atmosphere/vibe, especially at night when all the neon is glowing.

Slightly off topic, but at WDW I think you are able to cancel any ticket and get credit towards a new ticket. At DL, I was told that the tickets are non-refundable and cant' be modified in any way. Is this correct or will a different agent be able to help?

Slightly off topic, but at WDW I think you are able to cancel any ticket and get credit towards a new ticket. At DL, I was told that the tickets are non-refundable and cant' be modified in any way. Is this correct or will a different agent be able to help?
You can't exactly cancel the ticket, but the credit from one expired ticket can be applied to a new ticket.

Does it have to be expired before this can happen?
No. If you need to upgrade your ticket you can. But it has to be done at a ticket window. And usually existing park reservations are canceled when you make changes to the ticket. At least they are when you upgrade from ticket to magic key.

Here are rides that are completely not at WDW or very different. Stars next to some of my favorites and must-dos.

For DL:
Indiana Jones *
Snow White Enchanted Wish *
Mr Toad’s Wild Ride *
Pinocchio’s Daring Adventure *
Casey’s Train
Storybook Boats
Matterhorn Bobsleds *
Space Mountain (has variations, ie soundtrack) *
Pirates (much longer)
Davy Crockett Canoes
Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin
Alice in Wonderland *
Chip and Dale Gadget Coaster

CA Adventure:
Monsters Inc
Grizzly River Run
Incredicoaster *
inside out emotional whirlwind
Jumpin Jellyfish
Grizzly River Run
Guardians of the Galaxy: mission breakout *
Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree ( though this is basically aliens swirling saucers)
Luigi’s Rollicking roadsters
Radiator Springs Racers *
Pixar Pal-a-Round
Goofy’s Sky School *
Silly Swings
WebSlingers *
WDW dad, but I did DL as a kid (last time I went I was 25 and CA had just opened). I'll just flag that rides that stuck with me as a kid that I miss not having done with my kids when they were young are Alice, Pinocchio, and Mr Toad. 40ish years since I rode them but they still evoke nostalgia when I think of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter