Ride Advice for Roller Coaster Averse

SeaPic

Mouseketeer
My family will ride anything – except for Dad. He has done Tower of Terror (Guardians version multiple times), Hulk long ago (never again), nothing but the sky buckets at Busch Gardens. He will always go on Big Thunder and Seven Dwarfs.

We are headed to the Universal Parks for two full days later this week specifically see the Harry Potter areas. He wants to try all the Wizarding World rides. Friends have suggested a bunch of other rides, but I want to make sure we don’t ruin our trip by going to an extreme indoor ride he can’t judge from the outside.

If he hates “X” in WW what should we avoid no matter what? What is worth a try?

Thanks!

I would ask your friends.

The only "hidden" ride that I think is rough is Mummy and even that is not real bad.

Hulk you can see before you get on it.

Ride averse person here too. I've watched multiple first person videos of rides, and have been told everything in HP is ok. As
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina puts it, I do not care to be dropped, dangled, turned upside down, hurled or moved from side to side quickly in any fashion. No way would I ride Hulk or any of the outside coasters. I've heard mummy is a true coaster, but I'd watch a POV video and see your feelings on it. No Jurassic Park river adventure for me (no go on the drop, I'm ok with the non drop water rides) However, I know this going in and am happy to wait, enjoying my butterbeer while everyone else rides. DD can't wait to do Hulk and the drop style of ride like Fear Fall is her favorite kind.

Jurassic is a good ride except for that drop at the end, but that is over in about 2 secs. I do not like drops, but that one is fine with me.

I think as long as he avoids the big outdoor coasters, he'll be fine.

I think Mummy is a must do and the coaster portion feels about as fast as Space Mountain to me. Just the 2 big outdoor coasters is all he probably needs to skip. Does he do Splash Mountain at WDW? If so he can handle the water rides at Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter