Riddle me this...Renewal question

JFox

DIS Veteran
It's time for me to renew my AP. I've got screenshots from the app and from disney.com below. It appears as though it's going to cost me more renewing versus buying a brand new pass. Is this right or am I missing something? All prices are pre tax.

PhotoGrid_1572663581650.jpgScreenshot_20191101-213900_Chrome.jpg

The $899 is the price for Florida residents or dvc members. The $951 is the regular price with your renewal discount.

We are DVC and looking at the Platinum Plus. It still doesn't make sense to me.

You're getting that discounted price because you are dvc member. The other price through renewal is showing the regular rate for some reason. The $999 for plus is your dvc member discount rate

It's just weird because the other larger amount is from the Disney app and I am selecting my AP to renew.

Probably just a glitch with the system. I have a AP on my account and it never gives me the AP discount on tickets and I always have to call for some reason.

And, after calling DVC to renew, you can link the voucher number to MDE but you still have to stop by GS before entering the park & produce your credentials.

Looking at the screen shots provided on this thread...

The platinum PLUS pass is priced at $999 which includes admission to ESPN wide world of sports along with Oak Trail Golf course

The platinum pass is is priced at $899 which doesn't seem offer the additional benefits.

Do you currently have the Platinum Plus Pass or the the Platinum Pass.

I don't see any indication in the screen shots if one is a renewal vs a new buy.

Just a stab.

The platinum PLUS pass is priced at $999 which includes admission to ESPN wide world of sports along with Oak Trail Golf course...
And, more significantly, a year's admission to both Water Parks.

As mentioned, you have to call MS to renew a DVC pass. It will show you can choose it, but once you do, it brings to the regular rate.

And, as already stated, you still have to visit GR to activate as they will check you are still eligible and ask to see your DVC blue card,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter