Rhine with a teen?!

MissMouse21

Mouseketeer
Hi folks!
We are starting to look at rhine adventures by Disney for august 2023. Does anyone have experience traveling with a 13 year old girl on this trip? Our travel party is four adults and a teen- wondering what everyone’s experiences are with this age group? Thanks!

Hi folks!
We are starting to look at rhine adventures by Disney for august 2023. Does anyone have experience traveling with a 13 year old girl on this trip? Our travel party is four adults and a teen- wondering what everyone’s experiences are with this age group? Thanks!
We did it with 11 year old and they had a blast. Tons of teens. Definitely recommend it

We did it with 11 year old and they had a blast. Tons of teens. Definitely recommend it
Thanks! We’re in this weird phase “Disney World all the time” and “let’s explore the world”, so it seems like a fabulous option. Also, the idea having an only child, but her traveling with other kids sounds like a blast for all of us!

My DD was 17 when we sailed on the Rhine but she had a great time-I agree, with an only it's nice to have other people her age. One of my favorite photos of her was taken in the Black Forest during that trip. 💕

I'm going to bump this back up instead of starting another thread. We are interested in this ABD with our twins (16 yrs old). It is something that my husband and I are very interested in. My husband, in particular, has always wanted to try a river cruise.

The day time activities seem interesting and I am confident the girls would enjoy the excursions/towns. It is the evenings that make me nervous. The day seems to be pretty much over with dinner. We don't mind some down time and some low key fun (games). I'm just concerned that the evenings could be boring for teens. I imagine we'll be tired but we aren't super early to bed people.

Anyone have their experiences with this trip that they can share?

Thanks...
Jess

We were on the Danube Cruise some years ago. My daughter was 15. There was an amazing group of teens that really had a great time. They still keep in touch today and our families have gone on subsequent land ABDs. The ABD guides do an amazing job of creating activities for the different age groups on board. It felt like they were always involved in something fun :-)

The teens in particular seemed to really like the trip. We've been on 12 ABDs, the first when my daughter was 8 on the most recent she's 21. Although she likes the land ABDs better (as do I) that river cruise is still one of her favorites because of the teen group.

My kids really liked Europe at that age, since they'd just had AP World History. They knew more than we did about the Baltics by far. I bet the Danube would be the same, with it's deep Austrian empire and world wars history.

My kids really liked Europe at that age, since they'd just had AP World History. They knew more than we did about the Baltics by far. I bet the Danube would be the same, with it's deep Austrian empire and world wars history.
There's also a lot of really interesting history around Communism in the Danube area.

Sayhello

I'm going to bump this back up instead of starting another thread. We are interested in this ABD with our twins (16 yrs old). It is something that my husband and I are very interested in. My husband, in particular, has always wanted to try a river cruise.

The day time activities seem interesting and I am confident the girls would enjoy the excursions/towns. It is the evenings that make me nervous. The day seems to be pretty much over with dinner. We don't mind some down time and some low key fun (games). I'm just concerned that the evenings could be boring for teens. I imagine we'll be tired but we aren't super early to bed people.

Thanks...
Jess
It's been a few years since our Danube and Rhine trips but I remember on the Christmas cruises there was tree decorating, karoke, trivia, and a movie night. Since the AMA ships had a hot tub and tiny pool, there was also late night swimming on a couple of nights. One night about 10 of us played pretty cutthroat Uno for a couple of hours, which sounds completely boring but was great fun. Honestly, it's like a house party for a week-kids/teens/young adults run around the (very small) ship doing whatever seems fun at the time while their parents relax.

Thanks...
Jess

I wouldn't say the day is over after dinner, you're just on the ship. The top deck, lounge, and some activities will still be going on. Your days also usually start around 7 am, so most people are happy to go to sleep.

If one of your kids has a Switch, that's a good way to make friends and spend time. Mine took their Switch on a Med cruise and made friends with some kids, most of who didn't even speak English but they met every night in the lounge to play. If you've been in port all day, a little screen time at night wasn't a big deal to me.

If one of your kids has a Switch, that's a good way to make friends and spend time. Mine took their Switch on a Med cruise and made friends with some kids, most of who didn't even speak English but they met every night in the lounge to play. If you've been in port all day, a little screen time at night wasn't a big deal to me.
That’s a smart idea!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter