Rewards card for wedding expenses?

SparkleDust

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever tried to use their Disney rewards card to pay for a portion of their wedding? For example, do you think if you tried to pay for the reception or site fee you could use the money you had accumulated from your Disney Visa towards the fee? My mother is thinking about getting a Disney Visa to help pay for our wedding.

I know a lot of Brides have used their Disney Visa cards to pay for all or part of their weddings to accrue rewards, but it'll be interesting to hear whether they were able to apply rewards toward the cost.

One thing I do know, the new Disney honeymoon registry won't let you apply any of the funds toward the DFTW portion of the tab - just lodging/restaurants/entertainment on your honeymoon.

No, I asked. You can use the points to pay for your stay or hers for the wedding, or she could use the points to pay for a rehearsal dinner or other wedding week event, but nothing that's part of your wedding package. There's plenty of other stuff to spend that money on though, so I'd say she should still go for it. DF and I each have one and we'll have about $800 towards our stay at the GF by the time we have to pay! :) Of course I have had mine for years, but he got his after we got engaged so I could get the free cake knife set they were giving away with new accounts :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter