• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reviews for adults only Southwest Splendors

MPJCH

Earning My Ears
I want to do this tour next year and would like to read some reviews from someone who has done the adult only tour. Is it different from the family tours? Also I see where they only have 1 date for adults only. Does it fill up fast? Should I book it when the dates come out? Thanks

I haven't done the Adult only tour, but I just got back from this trip, and there were no children on our tour. The guides told us that they really didn't do anything different for this tour than they would if there had been kids, except there's one night where they normally take all the Junior Adventurers off by themselves for pizza & a movie, and the adults get to eat at leisure at the hotel restaurant. The only difference was, they didn't have any kids to "go off" with. We still had the dinner at leisure.

They said many times (since they were asked many times) that the itinerary is really the same whether kids are there or not.

sayhello

For those of us scheduled on this trip this summer, with kids, can you let us know what you thought of it???

For those of us scheduled on this trip this summer, with kids, can you let us know what you thought of it???
OMG, it was a FABULOUS trip! So many wonderful, wonderful things to see and do. And, of course, the guides, Cheryl and Chris were magnificent. They really, really worked hard to make the trip memorable, and to make us feel like a "family".

I had been to Sedona & the Grand Canyon before, but they're ALWAYS worth another viewing! Monument valley is magnificent and strangely familiar, since you've seen it in movies & on TV for so long. And the hike to Delicate Arch in Arches Natl park was an incredible experience, and I was so happy with how Cheryl & Chris worked to encourage *everyone* to make it to the arch. And *everyone* enjoyed the rafting!

:thumbsup2

I plan on posting a detailed Trip Report with loads of pictures soon. I'll post a link to it here once I get it up.

Feel free to ask *any* questions you have!

sayhello

OMG, it was a FABULOUS trip! So many wonderful, wonderful things to see and do. And, of course, the guides, Cheryl and Chris were magnificent. They really, really worked hard to make the trip memorable, and to make us feel like a "family".

I had been to Sedona & the Grand Canyon before, but they're ALWAYS worth another viewing! Monument valley is magnificent and strangely familiar, since you've seen it in movies & on TV for so long. And the hike to Delicate Arch in Arches Natl park was an incredible experience, and I was so happy with how Cheryl & Chris worked to encourage *everyone* to make it to the arch. And *everyone* enjoyed the rafting!

:thumbsup2

I plan on posting a detailed Trip Report with loads of pictures soon. I'll post a link to it here once I get it up.

Feel free to ask *any* questions you have!

sayhello

The ABD guides can definitely make the Adventure even better and more enjoyable. We had Chris on our Southwest Splendors last year, and we had Cheryl on our Spirit of America, also last year. Like you said, both were magnificent!

I look forward to reading your trip report & looking at the pics!

So the first adults-only Southwest Splendors tour has gone out, and I've posted some thoughts on this question. See this (lengthy) posting:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1972329

I think you'll find everything about the family-oriented tours is valid; there aren't any differences in the tour itself. The difference lies in who is on the tour and how the group dynamic changes when there aren't families.

I will say that this was pretty close to "Best Vacation Ever"!

So the first adults-only Southwest Splendors tour has gone out, and I've posted some thoughts on this question. See this (lengthy) posting:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1972329

I think you'll find everything about the family-oriented tours is valid; there aren't any differences in the tour itself. The difference lies in who is on the tour and how the group dynamic changes when there aren't families.

I will say that this was pretty close to "Best Vacation Ever"!

I second Brady's thoughts. We had a wonderful time and this one is right up there as one of our best vacations ever.

Brady - Glad to see you guys made it home safely. If we are ever in Seattle we will touch base with you guys.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter