Review: RPH club level v. HRH club level

Redmic

Can't fold fitted sheets
We just got back last night from 5 nights at RPH and 4 nights at HRH. This was our first experience staying at Club level. Overall I enjoyed the experience and thougt it was worth the money (APH rate). I especially liked the fact that the early risers (myself and DD, age 10) had a place to go in the morning while the later risers (DH and 13-year-old DD) slept in. I would have my coffee in the lounge while reading the newspaper, and DD would watch Spongebob while we waited for the others.

My observations concerning the lounges is as follows:

Food:

Breakfast:

RPH: bagels, toast, danishes, mini muffins, donuts, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, and dried fruit. There were pretty pots of cream cheese (regular and mango).

HRH: Bagels, toast, donuts, mini muffins, fruit salad, and cereal. Individual sevings of cream cheese, which tasted like lite cream cheese.

I'd give the edge to RPR for breakfast, but there wasn't a huge difference.

Happy Hour:

RPR: taco chips with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream, veggie tray, cheese and crackers, fresh fruit. One night they had a pasta salad. Beer was Corona, Amstel Light or Bud.

HRH: 2 "real" foods every night (eggrolls/chicken sate, meatballs/antipasto, cheese tortillas, etc.), veggie tray, fruit salad, and cheese (but never any crackers, which was odd). Beer was Heineken, Bud, and Bud Light.

HRH was better at that time.

Dessert time:

RPR: Cheesecake (usually chocolate or oreo), plus another cake (layer cake and apple spice were two), fresh cookies (sugar, macadamia nut, and chocolate chip) and fancy cookies (coconut, chocolate dipped almond cookies, etc.)

HRH: OK, this is funny, they really do have oreos and chip ahoy! They also had fresh cookies (chocolate, chocolate chip and sugar). Never any cakes.

RPR wins this category hand down.

Lounge Hours:

RPR had a longer breakfast and longer dessert time. Also, if you went to the lounge at the RPH during non-posted hours they always had individual chip bags, fruit, and often cookies. HRH had not a crumb during non-posted hours.

Lounge Guests:

I hesitate to go here, but I'm trying to tell it like it is:

RPH: All the guests I saw were properly dressed, quiet, neat polite, and took reasonable portions.

HRH: I think the Beverly Hillbillies saved all year to do club level here. Whole families came to breakfast in pajamas and bare feet. Ma would put a dozen donuts on her tray and Pa would take a dozen drinks and they'd walk out saying "That's all we can carry, we'll have to come back!" Unsupervised kids were running around being loud and messy. Now the majority of guests were not like this, but a sizable minority were. Even my DH, who generally complains about nothing remarked that "The Hard Rock guest were pigs".

Turn down service:

The RPR people came at 6:00 to do the turndown, which we felt was too early. The always gave us a trinket (lei, sea shell, key chain, magnets).

The HRH people came at 9:00 to 9:30. Often our kids were in bed by then. They only gave us a trinket one night (Hard Rock tattoos).

All in all we had a great time and liked club level. We did like our room at the HRH much better than at RPH, but the lounge was better at the RPH. If you're on the fence about trying club level, I'd say go for it. It's fun and a LOT cheaper than Disney.

Good review. I appreciate the "tell it like it is" info. I'm fixin' to do the hillbilly shuffle MLK weekend. What time does HRH put stuff out? I'm an early riser as well and I have only been to PBH Club that opened at 6. What time does HRH open in the morning?
Can you request an early turn down service? All in all, I haven't heard very many good things about HRH lately! We are going in Dec., but not Club until Jan.

Breakfast at the Hard Rock lounge is from 7:30 to 10:30, although I believe you can get coffee earlier. The other servings are 5:00 to 7:00 and 8:30 to 9:30. After 9:30 I think they put all the leftovers in a bag and have a hillbilly raffle.

I'm not sure about the turn down service. I noticed them coming around pretty late, but it's possible you could ask for an earlier time.

Wheeee doggies a raffle!:bounce:
Was it powerful crowded at the trough? We're a going on a holiday weekend. I got my pj's and barefeets chompin' at the bit.
Sure hope they don't have a three tooth minimum? :worried: Ma lost hers diving into the cement pond!
Do we need to take our own possum gravy?:crazy:
I thought I was at the Beverly Hillbillies at PBH because they take their fancy eating table (pool table) and heap it with vittles at night. Where are them pot passers, Granny?

Motherfletcher are you truly annoyed or just kidding?;)

I have to agree with the op On alot of what she experienced with HRH's club lounge. We seemed to have more than our fair share of the posted behaviors as well.

I have also experienced both RP Club level and HRH Club. I think you did a wonderful job comparing them. Would you like to give your opinion on the staff? I found the RP club staff much more helpful and happy to assist with anything, but the HR upper management is far more gracious.

Originally posted by twinmomplus2new
Motherfletcher are you truly annoyed or just kidding?;)

Just having fun.:crazy:

The only reason that I'm going Club is that was all that was left.

I had no problem with the staff at either lounge. They were friendlier at RPR, always greeted you when you came in. At the HRH they pretty much just stood there looking cool in their black clothes unless you asked them something.

Originally posted by Motherfletcher
Wheeee doggies a raffle!:bounce:
Was it powerful crowded at the trough? We're a going on a holiday weekend. I got my pj's and barefeets chompin' at the bit.
Sure hope they don't have a three tooth minimum? :worried: Ma lost hers diving into the cement pond!
Do we need to take our own possum gravy?:crazy:
I thought I was at the Beverly Hillbillies at PBH because they take their fancy eating table (pool table) and heap it with vittles at night. Where are them pot passers, Granny?

*ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF***:jumping1:

Sooo funny Motherfletcher and how did you know I was thinking you are going to go wild with this one as I read the first post! Knowing of course that you are in the lounge early with your one fish two fish pjs and Rocky and Bullwinkle slippers!

Originally posted by Motherfletcher

Not to worry, Mam, I got me a tent by the cement pond and before I fix to wash my duds I will look for yer ma's tooth. Feel free to come over and set a spell, hear?

Wow i'm staying at HRH Club for 3 nights in December and I haven't heard many good reports about it at all !! makes you wonder about the management ! I know some people have E-mailed the manager and a few had replies, but why does this hotel still remain the same (bad attitudes, non friendly, not much for the club offerings) If it not for my kids wanting to stay at HRH, I would have canceled a long time ago and gone with RPR !! Anyone else wanting to cancel at HRH too ?????

I'm thinking of looking up that e-mail address for the manager (or owner,whoever he was) and typing him a letter about how HRH is getting such a bad rap from a lot of people and asking him point blank why nothing changes :confused3

I think I read somewhere that Lowe's does not own HRH, but has some sort of contract to magae it(?). Could that be the difference in the level of service etc?

We were at HRH club level last weekend.

Everyone in the club staff seemed friendly except one, she seemed kind of snooty. They offered to print out my boarding passes on-line which was a great help.

I did catch my sister walking down the hall in bare feet to get a cup of coffee, I made her go back to the room to put on her shoes......

I did let my daughter go and get late night snacks in her HRH bathrobe....sorry if that offended anyone...

The only way I could get the kids out of bed in the am was to bribe them with donuts, so I was probably the hillbilly in the hall with a platefull of donuts....

Got to remember to plan ahead, the night we hit HHN we got back to the room and the kids were thirsty, so we splurged and got soda and snacks from the mini bar, 3 sodas and 3 snacks, $16 yikes. Should have grabbed some earlier from the club lounge.

I didnt see any bratty kids in the club lounge, they were excited and ran up the hallway, but they werent even loud.

Patty

Originally posted by thedisneymom
Sooo funny Motherfletcher and how did you know I was thinking you are going to go wild with this one as I read the first post! Knowing of course that you are in the lounge early with your one fish two fish pjs and Rocky and Bullwinkle slippers!

You know I'm going to do it! My PBH robe, too! When we go in Dec. I'll be wearing the Bullwinkle Santa's hat and Spongebob Santa slippers too. Just ask DaddyDon, he has seen it. No shame!

Sorry for the delayed laughs . Mom has been in intensive care and now with me. I'm on call 24-7 seeing as she can't even sit up in bed by herself or walk. I have NEVER needed to laugh like this before. You made my day Motherfletcher!! I can't wait to see you in the club lounge someday. I'll be the one rolling on the floor laughing while gourging herself on the raspberries before you can get to them. I am going to need my June/July PBH club fix badly this year. Thanks again!

Originally posted by thedisneymom
Sorry for the delayed laughs . Mom has been in intensive care and now with me. I'm on call 24-7 seeing as she can't even sit up in bed by herself or walk. I have NEVER needed to laugh like this before.

Hang in there. I know what you are going through. I did the same thing with my Dad.::yes::
When she gets better I think you should reward yourself with a little trip. :idea: Escape reality, escape snow!
Come to the Hard Roock Club for MLK weekend and we can show them what hillbillies are all about! We won't need to pack anything beyond our pajamas! :jester: :jester:
:laughing: :laughing:

Oh man, we usually come down for MLK weekend, but we have booked the following weekend. (AFC championship game-maybe the Patriots will still be undefeated!!!). I plan on booking club (waiting for APH rate).

I would love to hang out with all of you in my pajamas!!

Patty

Motherfletcher
Oh how I wish! That would be Hilarious!! Unfortunately. I can't make it then because I'm saving for my June 29th PBH club and I am also visiting(health of mom considered) during President's weekend. My daughter does Irish dance and there is a feis at the Sheratonworld Hotel. Then on Sunday we're hitting Pop Century as a group for 3 nights. Its whats keeping me going. That and Dis'ing 10 min here and there. Thanks for the support my friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter