Review of Fantasy's room 9000

Desi

<font color=990000>Seek color and ye shall receive
Room 9000 is as foreward as it gets on the Fantasy. It is a Deluxe Family Porthole room. It is nice and roomy for 2 adults & 1 child. You are right under the captan's bridge. You can catch a glimpse every now and then of the crew up there. It is on a dead end hall with no rooms on the other side of the hall. However, there is a CREW ONLY door at the very end of the hall, and you can hear them coming & going late at night/early morning.
Now for the not so pleasant part. IF you are one for sea sickness or motion sickness this room is not for you. I felt & heard every repositioning of whatever device they use to keep "the smooth ride". I forget what it's called. Granted the winter sea was choppy & messy, but every rock & roll is felt. I used the prescription sea sick patch with little relief. I've used this patch on two other cruises and they worked like a charm, but we were in the middle of the ship those times.
We were offered an upgrade to a veranda mid ship at the port for 100.00, but I really wanted to see how this room worked out. Now I know. Never a foreward room again.
Many nights after dinner curled up, ready to die from the rolling of the ship, I wished I'd taken that upgrade.
Overall it was a great cruise, and we booked again (midship). But the rumors are true, you must cruise within 18 months :sad2: Not sure if that will happen for us, thus we loose our 10% discount.
Hope this helps those of you with the same rockin' & rollin' issues. :crazy2:

We were in room 8000 and 8002 over Easter this year and we had similar experiences. We heard a lot of noise at all hours when we were trying to sleep.

Mike

We are in 12018 on the Fantasy next week and I am worried that we are to far forward. :(

We have only cruised 1 other time and that was on Carnival and we were midship.

I hope I havent made a mistake booking a concierge room since they are all forward.

My husband will hate me for 7 days if the ship is rolling as he is prone to seasickness. :furious:

I've stayed in 7000 on the Fantasys and stayed completely Aft on the Magic on Deck 8. I probably wouldn't stay in 7000 again (a 9C) but it was okay. Definitely a little noisy. My mom was in 7022 (so still pretty far forward) and didn't complain at all.

We have been in 8504 and 8000 a few times on the Dream and Fantasy and never had a problem with feeling too much motion.

Everyone is different and some are not prone to motion sickness (us) but I can't even recall feeling much motion at all in those cabins. I love the forward corner cabins...so roomy.

Sorry you were not feeling well.

MJ

We are in 12018 on the Fantasy next week and I am worried that we are to far forward. :( We have only cruised 1 other time and that was on Carnival and we were midship. I hope I havent made a mistake booking a concierge room since they are all forward. My husband will hate me for 7 days if the ship is rolling as he is prone to seasickness. :furious:

DH and I sailed in room 12020 on the Dream a couple of months ago. I am very prone to motion sickness so I take Bonine beginning the day before we cruise. I had no issues being so far forward. We usually stay pretty far aft and I've been fine there too. This last cruise (in concierge) was very smooth, but the seas during our Feb 2012 cruise on the Dream were quite a bit choppier and the Bonine did the job. I still felt the motion of the ship, but I did not feel sick. You will love concierge!

I feel a little seasick just from reading your post! :sick:

We usually sail in mid-ship cabins but last year on the Magic we were forward and it was fine. I take Bonine starting the day before and each morning of the cruise and so far, so good.

We were in this room in January and really enjoyed it. My DH is prone to sickness, but didn't think it was any worse than being in a midship room. We really loved the location-it felt very private and we found it to be quiet.

we were in 8004 2 weeks ago with that huge storm. Wow did I feel the motion in this room.
The extra space was great but I did not like the one tiny window.

I personally wouldnt stay in this room again. ( I do think it was a lot more quiet though than other rooms.)

We stayed in 9002 on the Fantasy and loved the room! So quiet and did not feel the motion anymore then anyone else did throughout the ship. We would stay here again in a heart beat!

I'm in 9500 on the Dream in February and cannot wait!! :)

We've been in 8510 and had no motion issues. I am prone to motion sickness but the ship's movement (thankfully) doesn't affect me. Everyone is different though.

Room 9000 is as foreward as it gets on the Fantasy. It is a Deluxe Family Porthole room. It is nice and roomy for 2 adults & 1 child. You are right under the captan's bridge. You can catch a glimpse every now and then of the crew up there. It is on a dead end hall with no rooms on the other side of the hall. However, there is a CREW ONLY door at the very end of the hall, and you can hear them coming & going late at night/early morning. Now for the not so pleasant part. IF you are one for sea sickness or motion sickness this room is not for you. I felt & heard every repositioning of whatever device they use to keep "the smooth ride". I forget what it's called. Granted the winter sea was choppy & messy, but every rock & roll is felt. I used the prescription sea sick patch with little relief. I've used this patch on two other cruises and they worked like a charm, but we were in the middle of the ship those times. We were offered an upgrade to a veranda mid ship at the port for 100.00, but I really wanted to see how this room worked out. Now I know. Never a foreward room again. Many nights after dinner curled up, ready to die from the rolling of the ship, I wished I'd taken that upgrade. Overall it was a great cruise, and we booked again (midship). But the rumors are true, you must cruise within 18 months :sad2: Not sure if that will happen for us, thus we loose our 10% discount. Hope this helps those of you with the same rockin' & rollin' issues. :crazy2:

Thanks for the review! We will be close to this room on an upcoming cruise and my wife is very sensitive to motion on a ship. I'll make sure she takes the motion sickness medicine the day before we leave. I hope the crew noise is not too bad. We stayed in a room across from a service door that room service used in a previous cruise on the Wonder and the noise was noticeable but not too loud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter