Returning rental car 1 day early?

RumpleMom

DIS Veteran
If I return a rental car 1 day early, is there any change in the amount I have agreed to pay when I reserved the car? Any penalty? I'm assuming there is no refund of money.

Possibly. You have to check your contract. For example, if you rented for 7 days using a weekly rate, and then return the car on day 6, the rental agency may adjust your rate to a daily rate, which could cost more.

Yes they can charge more - as PP said if you rented for a weekly rate and return early it might go to a per day rate. If you used a coupon also for X number of days and don’t meet that requirement the coupon might be invalid.

You can’t rely on what people tell you here- call and ask or if reservation hasn’t happened rebook (or try to modify and see what it does to rate.

It's worth noting that car rentals are usually measured in 24-hour increments. If you pick up a car at noon on the 1st and return it at 1pm on the third, you're usually charged for 2 days.

So, depending upon when you return, it might not be considered a day early as long as you hit that final 24-hour window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter