• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Returning from WDW - How do you Cope?

aggieland03

Earning My Ears
I'm amazed, for one, at how detailed people get in their completed trip reports. Come to think of it, I'm amazed that they even write one.

Don't take this the wrong way! I love reading them and seeing pictures. But...I know that when I return from WDW, the last thing I want to do is reminisce on the super fun times I just had only days ago while I sit in my office flipping papers. When I return, I delete all bookmarks, clear my browser history, and make it a point to not visit any Disney related webpages for at least a week or two. It's just too depressing!!

How do you guys cope when you return from a visit and the scourge of reality slaps you square in the face?
Depressed.jpg

A lot of aid comes from booking/planning a new adventure! It could be to Disney or not to Disney (ours is always Disney LOL). Once I book and begin planning, the research begins. It is not without its challenges, and I still get a tad depressed, but knowing that there is a new adventure on the horizon helps a little bit. Another thing I do is watch Disney Vlogs. This helps to feel like I am there, even when I am not. I follow friends in the Disney community on their adventures and also keep up with them on Twitter/Instagram/Periscope/Snapchat. I have even started our own YouTube channel to post our trips. It will also be there for memories for us to look back on for years to come!

Writing the Trip Report is exactly how I cope! You get to relive all the fun memories you had on the trip. I enjoy that. It also makes it easier sitting at my desk knowing that I was somewhere fun a few days (or weeks) prior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter