Returning a car early?

Bob NC

DIS Veteran<br><font color="red">I am a trained pr
I'm finding 7 day rental rates lower than the rates for the 3+ days I actually need the car. Anyone have any experience in renting a car for a week and returning it almost 4 days early? How rediculous is this anyway? lol

LOL! That is weird. When I was travelling I remember seeing weekly rates that might be equal to a 5-day or 6-day rental, but not 3.

I know if you rent a car for 5 days and return it a day or two early, they will only charge you for the time rented, which usually results in a decrease in the bill. Not sure what they would do in this case, Bob. Have you tried calling the rental companies and asked them (anonymously, of course)?

True that they will only charge you for the time rented but since most (all?) of the car rental companies base their weekly rates on 5 days, anything less than that gets charged the higher daily rate not a prorated share of the weekly rate. So by returning it earlier, you could be paying more than by keeping it for the 5 day minimum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter