Returned Today: How TGM worked for Easter Wk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinker, you are right, I shouldn't have entitled it TGM. But, TGM did work for me because there are things that I have NOT mentioned here that I got from TGM....not the tour plan, but other tidbits (gems).

Thinking back, it was like this. My OWN plan was like a fast car.....and TGM was like my turbo booster. I could have really raced through the park using my own info, but thre TGM gems got me the rocket power to really blast off and cover my favorite rides more than once.

I figured that anyone who is into plannign can sit down and come up with a plan like mine. Now, after seeing what people are writing here, I realize that I was wrong about that. It IS hard for many people to develop a plan, which is why some people are insisting that I am violating a TGM code of ethics. One lady wrote to me that since her TGM plan was almost identical to MY plan, I MUST have gotten that info from TGM and I am in violation.

I plan luxury vacations for people and I have my own website. I spend lots of time arranging travel itineraries for people so that they can avoid cruise ship crowds on Caribbean islands, shop in fabulous destinations on days when everyone else is on the beach, dine in top restaurants when the crowd is doing something else, etc. I do not plan Disney trips since that has never been a destination that my clients wanted to visit. My clients are mostly escapists who want to avoid the crowds at all costs. So, I am sorry that I made the wrong assumption about this. But, I really wish people wouldn't have called me nasty names on the TGM site (what IS a "prat" anyway?) just because I was able to come up with a solution and posted it here on The DIS...and, at the same time, gave TGM some credit for HIS portion of my good trip to WDW.

I just didn't know that my every word would have been scrutinized so carefully and I'd be tarred and feathered for not being more specific. I'm not used to that kind of message board.

But, you are right Tink. I wish I wouldn't have mentioned TGM at all. Nothing against Mike. His info is solid. Some of his followers are just a little....uh...over-zealous?

For the sake of everyone, I'm unsubscribing to TGM. I'm going back to WDW at the end of the summer (as I said before) and I'm going to plan that trip, too. I'm going to share advice with people here and I hope EVERYONE has a fabulous time, no matter how you plan...or don't.

If any of the mods want me to delete this thread and make a new one about MY planning and MY itinerary, I'm happy to. It isn't worth all of the negativity that is being spread over such a happy place as WDW.

Honestly, I do not want to argue about this. All I was saying is that I did NOT learn anything new from the OP's post that I didn't already know WITHOUT TGM! I am assuming Mike does give out info on his site that is far more detailed and helpful than what has been posted within this thread (since everything posted here can easily be found lots of other places, free of charge). And I think he offers a wonderful service for those who need it. I have nothing against TGM.

The point was that the OP wasn't giving out any info I didn't already know--this is the way we already tour. I defended her because I didn't think she deserved the flames she was receiving. Lets just all try to get along... OK? :flower3:

Im with you, I didnt think the info giving was anything new. We just came back from a spring break trip and toured the same way without any TGM info.

I agree I think it would have been much better if you hadn't mentioned TGM...but we live and learn...Perhaps you should write a book yourself
Oh and TGM as anyone who posts there knows...is a VERy friendly site I have never seen a thread get closed...or any bickering at all and that is amazing for a message board...Perhaps you should edit your opening post to show that it was actually YOUR plan...and the similarities to TGM are only coincidental.

Sorry had to LOL at this,...if you think you have been tarred and feathered..(a slight exagaration.no_??)...You have obviously never posted on the community board here on the dis..LOl
I love those guys...but bo it can get heated..

How far in advance should I plan to use the TGM service. My trip is in November
Michele

Michele,

It really isnt ever too early to plan for a trip. There is certain information that cant be released until Disney releases information. I would say that if you are planning on joining anyway that there is no time like the present.

Tinker, you are right, I shouldn't have entitled it TGM. But, TGM did work for me because there are things that I have NOT mentioned here that I got from TGM....not the tour plan, but other tidbits (gems).

Thinking back, it was like this. My OWN plan was like a fast car.....and TGM was like my turbo booster. I could have really raced through the park using my own info, but thre TGM gems got me the rocket power to really blast off and cover my favorite rides more than once.

I figured that anyone who is into plannign can sit down and come up with a plan like mine. Now, after seeing what people are writing here, I realize that I was wrong about that. It IS hard for many people to develop a plan, which is why some people are insisting that I am violating a TGM code of ethics. One lady wrote to me that since her TGM plan was almost identical to MY plan, I MUST have gotten that info from TGM and I am in violation.

I plan luxury vacations for people and I have my own website. I spend lots of time arranging travel itineraries for people so that they can avoid cruise ship crowds on Caribbean islands, shop in fabulous destinations on days when everyone else is on the beach, dine in top restaurants when the crowd is doing something else, etc. I do not plan Disney trips since that has never been a destination that my clients wanted to visit. My clients are mostly escapists who want to avoid the crowds at all costs. So, I am sorry that I made the wrong assumption about this. But, I really wish people wouldn't have called me nasty names on the TGM site (what IS a "prat" anyway?) just because I was able to come up with a solution and posted it here on The DIS...and, at the same time, gave TGM some credit for HIS portion of my good trip to WDW.

I just didn't know that my every word would have been scrutinized so carefully and I'd be tarred and feathered for not being more specific. I'm not used to that kind of message board.

But, you are right Tink. I wish I wouldn't have mentioned TGM at all.

I just wanted to note to you that I have gone back and read the TGM posts about this and while there was a person who was calling names and giving you a hard time the rest of the posts were for the most part saying that it was no big deal. There was one person who did use the term you quoted and only one. Im sorry you felt that you were tarred and feathered. I know there have been times I have felt that way too on Dis but unfortunately we all get a little crazy when we are trying to defend out point of view. I just didnt want you to walk away in your anger thinking that the people on TGM had called you a bunch of ugly names when in fact it was only one person.

wow.

let's go on the record with this. i do not know who tinker74 is and i am relatively new to DIS but a multi-trip subscriber of TGM for years.

to the best of my knowledge, tinker74 is not a representative of TGM or anyone else besides her(?)self.

any issues between bluwater and tinker74 are between bluwater and tinker74. TGM simply does not factor into this in terms of chastising anyone for anything.

it is true that TGM requires subscribers to agree to not share data learned on TGM's site. with that in mind, there is something i personally found questionable (which had nothing to do with anything mentioned), but it's not my place to make a stink about it here (honestly, i can't find enough fault in it anyway). nor does TGM ever advocate such a thing.

historically, if information that should not be shared is inadvertently shared (and it's very easy to be inadvertently shared), a private and polite PM to the OP would be the advocated courtesy, not publicly responding in a harsh tone which only serves to spark a needless and beaten dead horse debate.

TGM's forums usually are filled with more decorum, but it's sad to see that the thread on this very same topic over there had initiated with immature name calling and only gotten worse from there (and the OP is not responsible in that case either I will note).

There are bad seeds everywhere. I do not count OP among them. but please do note that those who respond on behalf of TGM are not necessarily representatives of TGM (and you'd probably know it if they were), so take heart and do not judge the content, attitude and ethics of the site as a whole based on someone who may or may not have paid $18 just for the honor to play watchdog.

Tourguide Mike does not hold a copyright or patent on good old fashioned common sense. I am a former subscriber who found many of his hints interesting, but also very general in nature. I think serious Disers know what an advantage it is to arrive at rope drop on a non-EMH morning and hit the big rides first while storing fastpasses. It ain't rocket science. The OP listing his touring plan here and giving TGM props for a few gems is perfectly fine. People calling him out and PMing him, in my opinion, is completely over the line and borderline psychotic. :mad:

My two cents - I think it is a great title! I wanted to see if TGM really made that much of a difference and I see that you thought it did. I wouldn't change a thing. It seems that some people (and though I really hope they know who they are - they probably don't!) have too much time on their hands. It was an advertisement and a great one at that. I'll subscribe for the next trip!

I just wanted to add that your OP was very interesting. And you've handled yourself very well even though I think some of the people here have not listened to Thumper's Dad - "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." :goodvibes Glad you and your daughter had a wonderful quick trip.

But, you are right Tink. I wish I wouldn't have mentioned TGM at all. Nothing against Mike. His info is solid. Some of his followers are just a little....uh...over-zealous?

I'm one person who's very glad you mentioned TGM. I'm involved in planning an unexpected 4 day trip to WDW at the end of June. I haven't been in 10 years and it seems like MUCH has changed! As soon as I figured out what TGM stood for I signed up. As I read through this thread it seems that your comments have caused others to consider signing up also.

Sorry your comments have become something of a headache for you!:sick:

jnorth, i just went and re-read the TGM forum posts where I was called names and , yes, you are correct, there was only one poster calling me names. She/he did it in various posts, and since I wasn't paying attention to who was posting what, I just assumed the posts were from various people. I now see that the same person posted a bunch of times with various insults. I hope I was clear that only *some* of the TGMers seemed over-zealous. I was careful to use the word "some".

Brad, I don't think Tink and I have an issue, unless I missed something. Tink said I should have entitled my post differently, and I agree. No harm.I'm moving on now. I've got a central Italy tour to plan! Bring on the VINO!:cool2:I need it after today!

Thank you all for the kind words and I hope you all find lots of value in TGM's site. Be patient and read carefully. The gems are sometimes burried in the articles. Have a fabulous time!!!

Bluwater - you obviously are very skilled at planning trips. Like most talented people, you probably don't even realize that what seems to come naturally to you can blow others out of the water.

I was amazed at the way you catagorized the rides and planned your trip. I consider myself a pro at WDW trips and really didn't get much from TGM when I joined. But your post on how to plan an itinerary based on the rides and fast passes on a spreadsheet.....THAT IS GREAT INFORMATION!!!! Where do I send the check????:)

Bluwater, I just read how you formulated your plan for M.K.. Amazing. Let me know when YOU start your own Disney online tourguide service. I'd subscribe to your service in a hearbeat. :cutie:

Thank you. You just made me decide to sign up for TGM for our August trip.

wonder how many new subscribers TGM will get from this?

I use TGM and while I think what was listed was maybe a nit borderline I see no reason to get my panties in a wad and post frantically in both places about it.

I have also been a TGM subscriber for several trips after I had already been to WDW on many trips. I have to agree that the OP did not mention any information that those of us that are very interested on planning our vacations did not already know. She did not reveal any information that anyone can say is information that can only be receoved by subscribing to TGM.

Bluwater it sounds as though you plan your trips much like I do. I have spreadsheet after spreadsheet of information on previous trips. Unfortunately most of the time I leave mine at home too!

Anyway, I am so sorry you have had to endure the stupidity that an anonomous message board can bring out. Know one here had any right to send you PM's over this. That is absolutely rediculoous and should be reported to the moderators.

Glad to hear you and your daughter had such a fabulous trip.

I don't think I'll ever use TGM for anything. I'd hate to put myself in the same camp of some of the people who do.

Wow, this is some thread! Until this moment I had assumed that most DISers knew most of the principles that were posted of touring WDW either by experience, reading, research or this website. I did not think bluwater posted anything that was not written about either in OG or the DIS. I thought they were just reporting how their plan worked out and the importance of planning at MK, especially in high season. I glad they gave Tour GuideMike a:thumbsup2
We had not gone to WDW in 25 years before went in Feb 07. I considered using TGM, but I believed after reading the OG with the 25 pages of "Recommended Visitation Times...Plans" appendix we were ready. We did plan to make the most of our time and money. We stuck with the mantras -Arrive Early, Midday Breaks and Contradict Crowd Thinking. We did customize our touring plan to our tastes. It worked great. We also found nothing beats experience. We met people in line (particularly RnR) that gave us solid advice.
I do not doubt the DISer that said TGM has excellent tips and advice for the price of a book. bluwater supported that view on this post. Anyone who is planning a trip, or have done little planning due to time constraints, could use this thread to consider TGM. I don't know why anyone, particulaly those who do use TGM, would see this as a breach. This thread only supports the subsribed user's decision to use TourGuideMike. bluwater gave away nothing I haven't already read.
To bluwater: great trip post, glad everything worked out, kinda sorry you saw so many long and unhappy faces. I only hope those people eventually had a good time or learned a valuable lesson about planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter