Return of the Porg - A June 2018 TR *updated 6/24 Epic DISmeet highlights day 7 COMPLETED!*

Darn...now I have to go find that suitcase...then I will need to talk my sister into doing some vinyl figment somethings to put on it...ok, I NEED to know...is that the lavender color? On their website it looks a lot different..

I can't believe that your next trip is almost here (or that it is almost August)!

I think I was posting an update while you were replying!

It isn't the lavender, my color is a limited edition color that ended in April or so! They do lots of limited editions, @chunkymonkey got a Star Wars limited edition! I can't recommend the suitcase enough!

I can't believe it either! Where did summer go? Although I've gotta admit that I'm more than ready for fall. It's been way too hot.

Woo for new plans, including the Passholder event! That's my birthday, and I'm very sad I won't be spending it in the MK that night. I'm really interested to see what you think of it!

Your suitcase is beautiful! Maybe someday if I invest in new luggage, I'll try that brand. Apparently you can get it with a removable battery to charge your electronics? Cool!

Pretty sure I posted my update at the same time as you replied :laughing:

Aww it'd be so fun if you could be there for your
birthday!

Thank you! I really love it! I've only had it since April but have used it on a couple trips and I've been able to pack soooo much. Actually planning to use it when I go to Germany! The battery is only in the carry-ons (I have the bigger carry-on) and it's amazing too, so much charge in it! And they always have special edition colors so if you don't see a color you love wait around and watch and you might find one! I actually think I'm going to invest in the checked luggage at some point because now I hate my other luggage :rotfl:

Your trip is so close! So cool that you were able to sign up for the VIP night.

That macaron looks amazing!

Adorable pics with Olaf! And I love the pics of you with the Stormtrooper!

I spotted a Gremlin in the Planet Hollywood store and took a picture. When I was a child I saw Gremlins and had recurring nightmares about them for the rest of my childhood. I believed they lived under my bed, I guess. I had a queen-size bed and if I slept with my back to the edge of the bed, rather than the empty side of the bed, they would come up and eat me in my sleep. I think I thought behinds had the most meat so that’s what a gremlin would go for. I don’t know, kids are weird!

Haha I was terrified of clowns and static on TVs after seeing Poltergeist.
Still am...I watched the movie IT with my eyes closed. LOL.

We tapped our magic bands and got to the loading room, and the ride broke down for a bit. I didn’t care cause it was cool and dark in there. As a fun aside, Sam and her family were in the park and had ridden RNR earlier. Sam loved it but she lost her magic band! I think it must have been stuck in the car because there were 4 or 5 random photos linked to PhotoPass, which was hilarious. Also thought it was amusing that the only ride I’ve ever lost anything on is the one she loses her magic band on (RIP to my blue star ears). She did later get her magic band back though! Wow, I keep going off on tangents.

I've lost my magic band twice in RnRC! I think the band rubs on the restraints and it just unlatches and flies off. They found it once in a car, but the second time, it was a goner.

When I walked in I had to let Chewie know that he couldn’t eat the Porg, and that he was a friend! Chewie was bummed and hungry, but he understood.
41309018830_8280efbda1_c.jpg

Aww Chewie, always thinking with his stomach. Porgs are friends, not food!

So cute! Love this pic!

This burger was SO good. The burger itself was perfectly cooked, nice and juicy, and the combination of BBQ sauce, bacon and cheddar was perfection. Then add in the crunch from the onion straws and the slight heat from the fried jalapenos. Wow so good. I ate almost all of it because it was too delicoius to waste. And if you’ll remember, I had Boma for breakfast, so that was quite the feat. Dad also got a burger, but he got the special burger which had pimento cheese on it.

The burgers at Sci Fi are really good! Which reminds me I need to eat there again at some point.

I think Dad opted to hop in the theater to see the preview for Incredibles 2. I had already seen the movie, so I stayed behind. I noticed a magnet for Mission Breakout. Kinda weird to have that at Disney World.
29230708468_103b69d11c_c.jpg

Was this magnet part of an exhibit? Or did someone drop it?
Things are mostly the same at Animal Kingdom, except that I found an 8:25 pm FP for Flight of Passage! :cool1: It's a bit later than I would like so I keep checking hoping for better times. I'll do some refreshing day of too!

Wow lucky! I never find same day FoP FP!

I was also able to sign up for the V.I.Passholder night at Magic Kingdom on August 5th. It'd probably be a lot more exciting if I wasn't doing Disney After Hours the night before, but it should be fun to compare and contrast the two events. This is the first Passholder event I've been able to go to!

Yay!! I think the big difference is that the Passholder one is FREE!
But doesnt' include food or anything else - but you can pay for it. I guess it's really just glorified and less crowded EMH.

I have an Away brand carry-on and I'm obsessed with it and it fits SOOOO much. And just look how beautiful it is!
42741724095_b37284ee1f_c.jpg

Gorgeous color! I'm so excited to use my Hoth one! It's like a translucent pale blue and you can see the lining from the outside, it's pretty neat!

Yum!!

This time I was the Rebel Spy!! Just kidding, I’ll never be the Rebel Spy! Our sequence was Kylo Ren, Jakuu, Maz Kenata transmission, and Crait ending in Batuu. I like this sequence a lot, and it really gets me excited for Galaxy’s Edge.

I'm never the Rebel Spy. It's never gonna happen.

That's so funny!! Olaf holding a porg! It's like a Frozen Last Jedi crossover!

when we walked into the room it seemed like Olaf wasn’t there either. I figured he was just on a break, but then he popped out from the corner where the exit is and gave me a heart attack.

Hahah that's hilarious! What a sneaky silly snowman!

Those tips helped her! She got best in car, and I did not break 200,000.
41291859570_ef695b0957_c.jpg

Wow! I have never broken 200K. Really, I'm doing well if I get over 150K.

Right away the stormtrooper pointed at the Porg and said “that’s a negative”. Poor Porg just can’t catch a break!

:rotfl:

You probably ride it all the time at Disneyland, huh? It seems I've been getting the ship breaking the window a lot lately.
I did ride a lot, but lately I've been skipping it. My motion sickness has been acting up, so often that ride just stops being enjoyable about halfway through! I almost didn't ride the time I got on with Mark Hammil!

There was absolutely no one in line, and when we walked into the room it seemed like Olaf wasn’t there either. I figured he was just on a break, but then he popped out from the corner where the exit is and gave me a heart attack. He was instantly enamored with the Porg. I think I thought he was going in to hug Sam, but nope, he was after the Porg!
28251092637_48a9a7a877_c.jpg

Olaf loved the Porg’s big eyes because he also has big eyes.
28251097367_e466c5c406_c.jpg

43070384792_a103b589af_c.jpg
That's a hilarious Olaf! I bet he likes to surprise people like that!

Right away the stormtrooper pointed at the Porg and said “that’s a negative”. Poor Porg just can’t catch a break!
42198339495_096040b495_c.jpg
Well at least he didn't eat him...

I love the Olaf pictures, very cute, I am glad he loved the Porg

Glad you protected the porg from the stormtroopers, lol!

I really have enjoyed reading your TRs! My DD and I will will be doing DAH on July 28 and also the Passholder event on Aug 5!

Wow, those pictures are hilarious! Both with Olaf and the Stormtroopers! I guess it pays to carry around a stuffed Porg :P

Your trip is so close! So cool that you were able to sign up for the VIP night.

That macaron looks amazing!

Adorable pics with Olaf! And I love the pics of you with the Stormtrooper!

It is!! Basically 5 days away... I, unfortunately, work 3 of those 5 days :sad:

It was so delicious! Better than Disney's version:rolleyes1

Thank you! Olaf was a lot of fun, and so were the Stormtroopers!

Haha I was terrified of clowns and static on TVs after seeing Poltergeist.
Still am...I watched the movie IT with my eyes closed. LOL.

I never watched that as a child, and that's probably for the best!

I've lost my magic band twice in RnRC! I think the band rubs on the restraints and it just unlatches and flies off. They found it once in a car, but the second time, it was a goner.

Oh wow! I'll have to remember to be careful when I ride!
Wonder how many bands are lost there daily!

Aww Chewie, always thinking with his stomach. Porgs are friends, not food!

I told him exactly that :rotfl2:
He's just a hungry little wookiee!

So cute! Love this pic!

Thank you!

The burgers at Sci Fi are really good! Which reminds me I need to eat there again at some point.

So good! I was very happy to find a lunch ADR for my upcoming trip. Burgers are a nice treat on vacation! How long has it been since you've eaten there?

Was this magnet part of an exhibit? Or did someone drop it?

There's that little merchandise kiosk at the exit of the Star-Lord and Groot M&G, and they had a ton of them!

Wow lucky! I never find same day FoP FP!

I've had pretty decent luck finding same day for FOP. Even found it for a party of 5 once!

Yay!! I think the big difference is that the Passholder one is FREE!
But doesnt' include food or anything else - but you can pay for it. I guess it's really just glorified and less crowded EMH.

Free is always better! I'm hopeful they'll have some unique things going on so that it's more than a glorified EMH, but if not at least it was free!

Gorgeous color! I'm so excited to use my Hoth one! It's like a translucent pale blue and you can see the lining from the outside, it's pretty neat!

Thank you! I kind of wish I had bought a Star Wars checked bag now. I like the special linings better than their normal Away linings!
You'll have to let me know what you think when you use it! I've been so pleasantly surprised with how much they fit, and they roll like a dream!

It was delicious!

I'm never the Rebel Spy. It's never gonna happen.

Same, I've lost hope!

That's so funny!! Olaf holding a porg! It's like a Frozen Last Jedi crossover!

That would be quite the money grab for Disney :rotfl:

Hahah that's hilarious! What a sneaky silly snowman!

It was really funny after I got over my shock! :laughing:
Definitely one of the best meets I've had since he spent so much time with us!

Wow! I have never broken 200K. Really, I'm doing well if I get over 150K.

I've never broken 200,000 either. My goal on my next trip is to ride Toy Story Mania A LOT and improve my skills. Should be a lot easier to ride now!

I did ride a lot, but lately I've been skipping it. My motion sickness has been acting up, so often that ride just stops being enjoyable about halfway through! I almost didn't ride the time I got on with Mark Hammil!

Oh no! I'd be so sad!
But honestly, who needs to ride it again after you got to ride with Mark? That's still the most amazing thing I've ever heard!

That's a hilarious Olaf! I bet he likes to surprise people like that!

He probably does! I wonder if his meets are usually so empty. People, especially kids, seem to still really love him

Well at least he didn't eat him...

Very true! It was such a different experience having the Porg with me now that everyone has seen the movies and know that Porgs can be food :rotfl:

I love the Olaf pictures, very cute, I am glad he loved the Porg

Glad you protected the porg from the stormtroopers, lol!

Thanks! Olaf was a very fun meet, and he really did love the Porg!

It was hard!! Everyone wants to eat Porg these days :rotfl2:

I really have enjoyed reading your TRs! My DD and I will will be doing DAH on July 28 and also the Passholder event on Aug 5!

Thanks so much!
You'll love DAH, it was a great time!
I'm so excited for the Passholder event - hope they have some special experiences during it. Either way, MK at night is the best!

Wow, those pictures are hilarious! Both with Olaf and the Stormtroopers! I guess it pays to carry around a stuffed Porg :P

I had some great character interactions that day! Carrying a Porg around is highly recommended - everyone has something to say about it!

Day 3 - June 23rd - Porgs & Rainbows!

After meeting some Stormtroopers we went and got in line for Chewie! I ended up meeting him by myself and right away he started rubbing his belly and tried to grab the Porg.
42401899044_f81bfcafa9_c.jpg

29248482638_a96d1b9777_c.jpg

The CM and Chewie spent a lot of time discussing how best to eat Porgs, which was just horrifying.
29248478418_ef2b9f8a68_c.jpg

Then I was the worst, most traitorous parent ever and offered the Porg to Chewie. I KNOW, I KNOW. But I just really love Chewie and couldn’t leave him hanging!
43070385092_eb73d8daeb_c.jpg

Chewie didn’t waste any time, and promptly stuffed the Porg in his mouth.
43070374082_4ae6bd9f7a_c.jpg

The meet ended with a begrudging hug from Chewie. Guess he doesn’t like being denied food?
43120457731_50a4ab5d07_c.jpg

We met Kylo next. It was really brief, and not intimidating. Instead of a love and shove it was a bit of a brood and shove. He had zero wait, so not sure why he was in such a hurry.
28251091607_6c5582aa3e_c.jpg

43120451821_21f70a5535_c.jpg

Last was BB-8. He’s always really cute, but I did have to admit to him that R2-D2 is my favorite droid!
42789438464_4097c27682_c.jpg

42601636565_4cf83bff94_c.jpg

On the way out of Launch Bay I noticed Rose Tico’s belongings on display. I loved her, and the Star Wars community was so terrible to the actress who played her.
42384627944_93727c76fe_c.jpg

42384519224_158d52c366_c.jpg

42384620424_f403516ea2_c.jpg

Sam and her family needed to get some dinner and get in line for Fantasmic, so I said goodbye to them for now and went to find Dad.

We were going to head out of the park but Dad had a full beer, and the sun was starting to set and if you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m a sucker for a sunset.
28234067847_3edb84bec8_c.jpg

28234080847_e7c5f9efd0_c.jpg

28234075737_2db821e2c7_c.jpg

I liked the contrast of the sun on the buildings with the dark clouds.
43099155892_d5f03bdc19_c.jpg

On the ugliest of days I’ll take a million pictures of Tower of Terror and this evening was absolutely gorgeous.
28233915287_b8187eee71_c.jpg

43103184711_bd4039b21a_c.jpg

I was standing by a palm tree taking some of these photos, and then I noticed a new perspective.
43103063321_a35ae5983d_c.jpg

41291854810_c4a4e3d5da_c.jpg

While I was taking photos I noticed a rather large group of people staring and taking photos in the direction of the bathrooms. I figured it was a celebrity, so I got up to investigate. It was even better than a celebrity.
43053072792_e5226049a3_c.jpg

I have NEVER seen such a vibrant rainbow, so I ran around a bit trying to find the best view of it.
43099150682_752bdf3e00_c.jpg

41291752440_bf7745ea8b_c.jpg

41291855190_fb40cbeb52_c.jpg

43099145342_68ef49dac1_c.jpg

43148872711_dac8a70b11_c.jpg

Up next: lots more sunset photos!

Last edited:
The CM and Chewie spent a lot of time discussing how best to eat Porgs, which was just horrifying.

:rotfl:

Chewie didn’t waste any time, and promptly stuffed the Porg in his mouth.
43070374082_4ae6bd9f7a_c.jpg

:laughing: Chewie's the best!

On the way out of Launch Bay I noticed Rose Tico’s belongings on display. I loved her, and the Star Wars community was so terrible to the actress who played her.

I just did a little googling because, as someone who's not really particularly a fan, I hadn't realized the extent of this. It's horrible!! How sad that a few hateful prejudiced people make the majority of the kind, decent Star Wars fans out there look bad. How awful for the actress who was just doing her job with the part she was deservedly given. Makes me angry!

What beautiful lighting right around sunset :)

I have NEVER seen such a vibrant rainbow, so I ran around a bit trying to find the best view of it.
43099150682_752bdf3e00_c.jpg

Gorgeous! You lucked into some great conditions for cool photos and did a great job with it :goodvibes

Thanks so much for reading along! Hope you enjoy the old TRs too :goodvibes

And aw, shucks! I don't think anyone has ever had a girl-crush on me before. I am very thankful for my relationship with my dad. And thanks so much for commenting on my style! Summer style isn't my favorite, so that means a lot!

Where do you live in Germany? I'm open to any and all suggestions! We're for sure doing Berlin and Munich, but also contemplating trying to see some of the wine country!

[/QUOTE]
I really mean it! I think you are awesome. :sunny:
I think your summer style is the bomb. You look so stylish without looking "mainstream", you know? I admire that. Love your makeup, too.
I am really re-inventing myself right now, and I am looking at awesome women like you for inspiration. I wish I could do a proper winged eyeliner :teeth:.

I live in Queidersbach, which you have never heard of, haha, but it IS wine country. Near Ramstein (yeah, almost like that scandalous band lol), we have a large American community here. It is in Rhineland-Palatinate, our capital is Mainz, which you ALSO never heard of :p
But yeah, I have plenty of suggestions for places to visit. Rothenburg, for starters, where they shot scenes of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Nürnberg and Heidelberg are a MUST DO, for me. I have also lived in Berlin, so if you need any help, I am at your service.

I love the interaction with Chewie and the Porg. I'm not a Star Wars fan (my husband is), but I adore those little things. I bought my husband one, and I would love to put one on the back of my car. I thought it was cute he tried to stuff the little guy in his mouth.

Wow, those are great rainbow pics!! I love rainbows - I'm like a 10 year old all over again, pointing and staring. :)

It was really fun! We didn't ask to take the leftovers, but they would just have to throw them away anyway, so I don't think anyone minds!

Last time we were there in 2011 :eek: We went to tusker house breakfast and Momma bagged some croissants for later in the day and got scolded by the waiter... He was trying to win her affection and she wanted to be left alone so I think he only did it joking :confused3

I love the little duck trying to get food from you and the incredibles Monorail looks cool!

The view from your hotel room looks fab as well

Love the Olaf pictures and the evening DHS pics!

Oh my, your DHS photos are GORGEOUS! What a perfect afternoon :love:

Thank you!! It really was SO perfect!

:laughing: Chewie's the best!

He really is! Probably my favorite character to meet!

I just did a little googling because, as someone who's not really particularly a fan, I hadn't realized the extent of this. It's horrible!! How sad that a few hateful prejudiced people make the majority of the kind, decent Star Wars fans out there look bad. How awful for the actress who was just doing her job with the part she was deservedly given. Makes me angry!

Yeah it's really infuriating, and she did not deserve all the hate and cruelty at all. It's sort of a recurring trend in the SW community; Jake Lloyd, who played young Anakin, got SO much hate for his part that he quit acting and I'm pretty sure was suicidal and he was a CHILD. The actor who voiced Jar-Jar Binks also got loads of hate and threats, and he's recently said that it made him suicidal as well. It's seriously appalling.

What beautiful lighting right around sunset :)

It was so lovely and perfect and it only got better!

Gorgeous! You lucked into some great conditions for cool photos and did a great job with it :goodvibes

Thank you!! I had so much fun trying to get the best pictures possible!

I really mean it! I think you are awesome. :sunny:
I think your summer style is the bomb. You look so stylish without looking "mainstream", you know? I admire that. Love your makeup, too.
I am really re-inventing myself right now, and I am looking at awesome women like you for inspiration. I wish I could do a proper winged eyeliner :teeth:.

I live in Queidersbach, which you have never heard of, haha, but it IS wine country. Near Ramstein (yeah, almost like that scandalous band lol), we have a large American community here. It is in Rhineland-Palatinate, our capital is Mainz, which you ALSO never heard of :p
But yeah, I have plenty of suggestions for places to visit. Rothenburg, for starters, where they shot scenes of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Nürnberg and Heidelberg are a MUST DO, for me. I have also lived in Berlin, so if you need any help, I am at your service.

Thanks so much for all your kind words, it means a lot! And wow thanks for the makeup compliment, I feel like a total novice in this time of contouring and smokey eyes, neither of which I can do! :rotfl2:I wish I could do a winged eyeliner too, I've never had luck with it. I've heard using the curve of a spoon can help?

Nope, I have never heard of that city! Wine country in Germany is gorgeous! I'll have to look your city up!

Rothenburg was actually on my possible visit list, and possibly Nurnberg (why does the English language change this name to Nuremberg? and Munchen to Munich). I had no idea that parts of Deathly Hallows were shot there! I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan so that's super cool to me.

I'd take any Berlin suggestions you've got! Like, what would be the best neighborhood to stay in? I know the transportation is pretty good so it probably won't matter much! I definitely want to see the DDR museum - I had a class in college that was German History through Film and my teacher had actually lived in East Germany, so super interested in all that history.

Can't believe you offered up your porg as a snack! :laughing:

Lovely sunset and rainbow shots!

I knoooow, I'm such a bad parent! But I just love Chewie so much, I couldn't disappoint him

Thank you!

Wow that rainbow is amazing!

It really was! Probably one of the best I've ever seen!

I love the interaction with Chewie and the Porg. I'm not a Star Wars fan (my husband is), but I adore those little things. I bought my husband one, and I would love to put one on the back of my car. I thought it was cute he tried to stuff the little guy in his mouth.

It was such a fun interaction! I saw a Porg that had suction cups for car windows and I wanted it so badly! Is that what you have?

It was so funny when I gave him the Porg, he just promptly stuffed it in his mouth!

Those rainbow photos are amazing. I bet it was even better in person.

Thank you! It really was spectacular!

Wow, those are great rainbow pics!! I love rainbows - I'm like a 10 year old all over again, pointing and staring. :)

Thank you! Rainbows are so much fun and so beautiful! Everyone was like a 10 year old pointing and staring and taking photos! It was great.

Last time we were there in 2011 :eek: We went to tusker house breakfast and Momma bagged some croissants for later in the day and got scolded by the waiter... He was trying to win her affection and she wanted to be left alone so I think he only did it joking :confused3

I love the little duck trying to get food from you and the incredibles Monorail looks cool!

The view from your hotel room looks fab as well

Love the Olaf pictures and the evening DHS pics!

Oh no, that's so embarrassing! Maybe since Tusker House is a buffet they don't like takeaway items? All the reviews I've read of Trattoria say to bring a bag to take the leftover pastries!

The duck reminded me a lot of my cats, just staring me down, waiting for a crumb! :rotfl2:

I loved the pool view from our room! I'd happily stay with a pool view again!

Thank you! It was a great evening at DHS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter