Restful Dining

Boardwalk_bride

Married in WDW :)
Are there any particular places, at the parks, that are more restful than others to eat? QS or TS is fine. My daughter likely won't be napping but will need down time. I'm thinking a character meal wont be a great idea.

Thanks!

We found Spice Road Table at Morocco in Epcot to be very relaxing and the food was delicious. Also, if Tomorrowland Terrace is open during your trip, it’s usually not crazy and has lovely views. One of our fond memories from our first trip with our DD (3 ½ at the time) was eating chicken tenders and fries and enjoying the view of the castle while she slept in her stroller. So peaceful and lovely.

:sunny:

Not cheap, but Hollywood Brown Derby in DHS and Tiffins at AK are pretty calm, quiet restaurants. Spice Road Table in EP (particularly the outdoor area) is pretty restful, IMHO. Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbour House (top floor) during off hours can be fairly quiet. We ate at Pecos Bill around 11:30 am on our last trip and it was almost completely empty. You could also head over to Tom Sawyer's Island in MK - not a restaurant, but definitely some quiet places over there.

Are there any particular places, at the parks, that are more restful than others to eat? QS or TS is fine. My daughter likely won't be napping but will need down time. I'm thinking a character meal wont be a great idea.

Thanks!
Katsura Grill @ Eocot has some very relaxing seats in their garden area.
The QS at UK Pavilion can be restful whether sitting lakeside or on the other side of the road by the bandstand when music isn't being played.

We always duck into Tangierine Cafe at Epcot for QS. They have a little alcove off the main dining area and it's usually just us back there! If you're on the DDP this might not be helpful, but going to some of the lounges for dinner is something we really enjoy at the end of a hectic park day. Crews Cup is one of my favorites, but most of the Deluxe hotels have a chill lounge with good food.

We bring our 2YO to Nomad Lounge in AK mid-day, it is super peaceful with the flowy curtains and decor. Plus we love the small plates and bread service. Since it is a lounge, she can walk around behind our chairs and play with her toys without bothering any other guests, which is much better for her than being trapped in a chair during the whole meal. In MK we like Skipper Canteen for TS, for QS I second Tomorrowland Terrace because it has a nice chill vibe.

We recently had lunch at Nine Dragons (so easy to walk up there and the price was just a notch above counter service for lunch) and it was so relaxing! It wasn't even half full so we didn't feel pressure to turn the table quickly and the waitstaff are so friendly and laid back.

Another possibility in the AK is the lower pavilion down next to the water at the Flame Tree BBQ. Especially off peak meal times. We enjoy taking our leisurely lunches there.

At the MK I also second the Tomorrowland Terrace though sadly, in my experience, it is not open very often. Also upstairs at the Columbia Harbour House, again especially off peak times.

We bring our 2YO to Nomad Lounge in AK mid-day, it is super peaceful with the flowy curtains and decor. Plus we love the small plates and bread service. Since it is a lounge, she can walk around behind our chairs and play with her toys without bothering any other guests, which is much better for her than being trapped in a chair during the whole meal. In MK we like Skipper Canteen for TS, for QS I second Tomorrowland Terrace because it has a nice chill vibe.

I was thinking about both these places - especially as they both have vegetarian options (I should have mentioned we were vegetarian - as many places, even with the new plant based menus, don't have any/many options). I'm glad to know other parents had good experiences in those places!

Another possibility in the AK is the lower pavilion down next to the water at the Flame Tree BBQ. Especially off peak meal times. We enjoy taking our leisurely lunches there.
Oh I forgot about that part! We actually had wedding photos taken there and I remember thinking we should go back to eat there - and this is partly at 10th anniversry trip (although we are going 3 months early so our daughter gets a free ticket!).

I also love Tiffins. It was the best decision we made on our whole trip last week. It was hot, humid, crowded and we were becoming a bit edgy, and went to Tiffins. It was cool, muted lighting, quiet, and a delicious meal. Our first time going, and we will make it a must do from now on. It was the break we needed to slow down and enjoy the rest of our day.

SCI-FI in HS! They show movie clips that are weird for little kids, but the place is dark, like a drive-in. I love going here myself to get a little break from the sun and crowds. (And nice spiked milk shakes for the adults!).

SCI-FI in HS! They show movie clips that are weird for little kids, but the place is dark, like a drive-in. I love going here myself to get a little break from the sun and crowds. (And nice spiked milk shakes for the adults!).
Do you think it would scary a toddler? I honestly didn't give it much thought as I was thinking it would be too much for her (and I haven't eaten there!).

Do you think it would scary a toddler? I honestly didn't give it much thought as I was thinking it would be too much for her (and I haven't eaten there!).
It might be. And we go for burgers, so I don't know if it would have any good veg options for you. You could always ask for one of the tables down back and face your girl away from the big screen.

We have found Tokyo Dining in Epcot to be really relaxing. They don't rush and there is plenty of space between tables. Also if you get a table towards the front by the windows you have a great view of the park.

While not in the PARKS - I like jumping over to the TS restaurants in the monorail resorts when visiting MK - especially for either a late lunch or early dinner. The Wave, Kona Cafe, and Grand Floridian Cafe - IMO - are all great for break time. Sometimes we hang out in chairs around the resorts for a bit, too.

While not in the PARKS - I like jumping over to the TS restaurants in the monorail resorts when visiting MK - especially for either a late lunch or early dinner. The Wave, Kona Cafe, and Grand Floridian Cafe - IMO - are all great for break time. Sometimes we hang out in chairs around the resorts for a bit, too.
I really like doing that too but am worried it will be harder with a toddler (this is our first time travelling with a child to WDW).

Another vote for Tiffins. It rates as one of our most relaxing dining experiences anywhere on Disney property and the food is wonderful.

EP - Spice Road and Teppan Edo.
MK - Columbia Harbor House - sit on the upper level.
HS - Sci Fi - its dark, cool and cozy.
AK - there is a court yard near the Safari that is always quiet. I'd get a drink or snack at the nearby food carts and stop there. I think the name of the food location that it's right behind is Tamu Tamu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter