Restaurants with bars- dining at the bar

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Going to WDW in Jan 2023 with my adult daughter. We are not picky eaters and she does not love to plan. Do most of the table service restaurants have the option to dine at the bar? I am guessing the ones at Disney Springs might? What about hotels etc? Have you found some more accommodating than others? Some experiences terrible at the bar?

Thank you!

Sounds fun! Short answer -- yes, lots of bar/lounge options (some only for dinner) and if not picky, you will be fine!

Almost all Disney Springs spots have a bar/lounge. I can't think of one that doesn't. My faves are Boathouse - specifically the dockside bar (if weather permits; through restaurant and out on the dock); Wine Bar George - food is fantastic and they'll find the perfect drink for you; and Raglan Road - it's loud but I'm a sucker for Irish music. Homecomin' is also good with some unique cocktails featuring moonshine. I've not been but hear Jaleo is great.

For Disney resorts (realizing transportation may be an issue) my favorites are: Flying Fish at Boardwalk (this is my #1 - the bartenders are extraordinary -- note the bar is inside the restaurant so a bit awkward to approach - would just say at podium you want bar; dinner only); Citrico's (Grand FL; dinner only); Steakhouse 71 (Contemporary - lunch and dinner); California Grill (Contemporary -- note, for best chance suggest you "rope drop" this/arrive at opening - can order a la carte at bar vs. the prix fixe in dining room; dinner only); Geyser Point (Wilderness Lodge - note this is covered but open air so weather permitting; lunch and dinner).

I love sitting at the cooking place at Jiko watching them make appetizers and desserts but the Victoria Falls lounge doesn't disappoint either and such a great resort to explore. Sanaa Lounge at Kidani Village is open for lunch and dinner with abbreviated menu but includes bread service. Dahlia Lounge at Coronado might be a great option with fantastic views and lots of small plates. Topolino's (Riviera) also offers great views and food. If you really want to splurge, the rooftop lounge at Capa (Four Seasons) is perfection.

In parks, Nomad Lounge (AK) and Brown Derby Lounge (HS) are terrific and believe you can join a walk-up list for both via My Disney Experience (definitely for Nomad).

Hope you have a great trip!

Edit: adding this recent "Dining at the Bar" thread for more info.

Last edited:
People cancel all the time. If you want ts check the night before or even day of. You will be fine eating just about anywhere

Sounds fun! Short answer -- yes, lots of bar/lounge options (some only for dinner) and if not picky, you will be fine!

Almost all Disney Springs spots have a bar/lounge. I can't think of one that doesn't. My faves are Boathouse - specifically the dockside bar (if weather permits; through restaurant and out on the dock); Wine Bar George - food is fantastic and they'll find the perfect drink for you; and Raglan Road - it's loud but I'm a sucker for Irish music. Homecomin' is also good with some unique cocktails featuring moonshine. I've not been but hear Jaleo is great.

For Disney resorts (realizing transportation may be an issue) my favorites are: Flying Fish at Boardwalk (this is my #1 - the bartenders are extraordinary -- note the bar is inside the restaurant so a bit awkward to approach - would just say at podium you want bar; dinner only); Citrico's (Grand FL; dinner only); Steakhouse 71 (Contemporary - lunch and dinner); California Grill (Contemporary -- note, for best chance suggest you "rope drop" this/arrive at opening - can order a la carte at bar vs. the prix fixe in dining room; dinner only); Geyser Point (Wilderness Lodge - note this is covered but open air so weather permitting; lunch and dinner).

I love sitting at the cooking place at Jiko watching them make appetizers and desserts but the Victoria Falls lounge doesn't disappoint either and such a great resort to explore. Sanaa Lounge at Kidani Village is open for lunch and dinner with abbreviated menu but includes bread service. Dahlia Lounge at Coronado might be a great option with fantastic views and lots of small plates. Topolino's (Riviera) also offers great views and food. If you really want to splurge, the rooftop lounge at Capa (Four Seasons) is perfection.

In parks, Nomad Lounge (AK) and Brown Derby Lounge (HS) are terrific and believe you can join a walk-up list for both via My Disney Experience (definitely for Nomad).

Hope you have a great trip!

Edit: adding this recent "Dining at the Bar" thread for more info.

Oh my goodness, thank you for this thoughtful reply. We too are suckers for Irish music! Flying Fish is one of the menus that looks so appealing! I will check out Wine Bar George. Its been so long I haven't hears of Topolino's but I love a great view.

I did make a brunch reservation for Homecomin' but after looking, I think the lunch/dinner menu looks better so the bar might be a better option.

My daughter is not a planner like me. LOL Makes it a little more difficult but this helps a ton.

Thank you, thank you!!!

People cancel all the time. If you want ts check the night before or even day of. You will be fine eating just about anywhere

That's great to know! Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter