Restaurants w/o characters.

Lou256

Mouseketeer
I'll be in WDW 6/20 - 6/25, but DS -age 7 is not into character breakfast/dinners anymore ( he loved Pooh so much the last time :(

My question - what places can I go to that still have that Disney Magic, but w/o characters.

Any response is greatly appreciated.

Lou

Ohana is a really fun restaurant at the Poly. If you DS is a picky eater you can ask for a childs menu but they will let him try the other things, also.

Coral Reef at Epcot is nice but pricey. You can view the fish from anywhere in the restaurant.

World Show case has many restaurants.

50's Prime Time in MGM is also another fun place with basic foods.

I would also still consider doing at least one character meal. A 7 year old might *think* he's not into them, they sound childish, but he's likely to have a blast!

Maybe he's outgrown Winnie the Pooh, but there are a few meals that I think would be just perfect for a 7 year old boy. Breakfastasaurus in Animal Kingdom and Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary come to mind. The Liberty Tree Tavern is another great meal, with the characters dressed in Colonial garb - maybe he's studied the Revolutionary War in school or willl soon (I think that's usually part of an elementary curriculumn)

You would know your son best, but that's been my experience as a middle school teacher. Sometimes the kids think they've outgrown something and then when they tyr it they find out they still love it.

The Sci Fi Drive in at MGM would aslo be fun for a young boy (no characters, sit in old cars and a watch old sci fi flicks while you eat). Some people complain about the food, others say it's fine. But the atmosphere would be fun. Some people also go there jsut for a break during the day. The milkshakes are supposed to be great! (I've been to the character meals, but not the Sci Fi Drive In).

Hope that helps. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter