Restaurant Suggestions for a Wicked Big ~ Multi Family Dining

My Grandpa

Mouseketeer
First ~ I feel like we’re making magical light at the end of this very dark corridor thru time & space.

Greetings from Vermont, The plan for the magical light is for March 2022. The tribe of 7 includes: 30~something Mom & Dad, their three kids ages 5 to 9, their grandma Mimi, and me a tag~along Grandpa.
QUESTION: which restaurant do you recommend for DINNER that is “family friendly.” Whatever family friendly means to you for a fun Disney Experience ,,, let’s hear about it. I didn’t post this on Restaurants because , , , , wait for it , , , , Family Comes First. Thanks

My families favorite Restaurant is 'Ohanas at Poly. Love the food and the atmosphere. Family Style All you can Eat with then bringing Skewers of Steak/Chicken/Shrimp. Yummy Noodles and wings and bread and bread pudding. They also in the past have had coconut races for the kids. It is closed right now ( we will miss eating there on our May trip) but hopefully it reopens this summer when the Poly renovations are done.

We took a party of 13 to Trail's End for the buffet. It's comfort food and appeals to most folks, especially kids. There is a playground nearby where the adults chatted and the kids played after dinner. It worked out nicely.

I second Hoop Dee Doo Review (if open). We went with on a multigenerational trip several years ago and Hoop Dee Doo was everyone’s favorite- 4 yrs-75!

Hoop Dee Doo Revue is so fun. Not only is the show great, but the food is pretty good. It’s closed now, but hopefully will be back by 2022!
I agree. We also enjoy Mickey's Back Yard Barbeque. We did both as a couple. both in early 60s at the time, and enjoyed tremendously. So fun for the families and children.

I second Hoop Dee Doo Review (if open). We went with on a multigenerational trip several years ago and Hoop Dee Doo was everyone’s favorite- 4 yrs-75!

You Guys on Hoop Dee Doo ... Never would have thought of that. Our very first trip to WDW we took DW's Mom and Sister .... both in their early 80's and way too spry to HDD .... I thought Mom would pee her pants she laughed so hard ... especially at 'that damn bear'. Cheers & Thanks!

Another vote for hoop Dee doo!!! That is our favorite and always do multigenerational trips . Young and old love it!!!! Hope it opens back up soon.

We always go to Disney with a group of 12 and eat most meals together (sometime even have 14 as local relatives join us for a meal). We have taken the kids to CA Grill since my youngest was 2 and her oldest cousin 8 (5 kids in that age range) and it might be one of their favorites as have always timed reservation for firework viewing. We have also always had luck with getting them to combine 2 reservations into one table since can never get a single reservation for entire group there (able to do so on 4 of 4 meals there, last trip in 2019).
Our last trip we tried Ohanas but had to split into 2 tables that were no where close to each other and only a few really enjoyed their meals (many of us like to pick their meals but had heard so many rave reviews figured we finally on 5 th trip had to try).
Tusker House had been our favorite character meal but don’t know if open/whats like at this time.
We did Restaurant Marrakech once that all enjoyed but not sure what that one is like these days either.

I've done several multigenerational trips - here were our favorites:

(1) Ohana (breakfast actually, never been there for dinner)
(2) Tusker House (lots of good variety and a nice break)
(3) Boma (lots of good food variety and AKL is beautiful)
(4) Crystal Palace (the grandparents loved the Pooh characters SO much)
(5) 1900 Park Fare (some surprisingly "adult" food for a character buffet)
(6) Garden Grill (because nothing more fun than a rotating restaurant)

Some others we've been to that we deemed "not worth the $$" or "one and done" are Cinderella's Royal Table, Hoop De Doo & 50s Prime Time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter