Restaurant Special Celebration Requests

gcmeyer2

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going to Narcoossee's next week to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I'd like to make sure the restaurant knows what we are celebrating but don't know how to go about it. I've looked everywhere for an answer but couldn't find one so I'm trying this route.

Do I call ahead of time and have a note added to the reservation or is it something I mention when we get to the restaurant. Also, not sure what they might do for us other than potentially a nicer table location. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!!

You can call and have dining note it on your reservation, or even just have your hotel concierge do it once you check in.

Just know that they may not even mention it; we have celebrated birthdays and anniversaries several times (on the actual day, usually) and it's been very hit and miss. I try not to get disappointed and assume they just overlook notes (esp since the amount of celebrations at any given restaurant are way larger than "regular" restaurants!).

Another idea would be to order a custom cake in advance - that would certainly guarantee you have something special waiting and your waiter would definitely know it was a special occasion.

Hope you have a wonderful dinner celebrating!

I would do both - call and have it noted on your reservation and also mention it at the podium. As PP noted, it's kind of hit-or-miss as to whether the staff will do anything to acknowledge the occasion. Disney Floral and Gifts can also deliver flowers and gifts to WDW restaurants if you'd like something extra special: http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do

You can also order custom cakes, but, I will say, the dessert at Narcoosee's was the best part of our meal in March, so, personally, I would opt for flowers or a gift if I were to do anything.

My husband and I went to Narcoossee's for our 20th anniversary, too. It was on our reservation. The hostess said something when we walked in. And then that was it. Now, that doesn't mean that the same thing will happen when you are there. It was a few years ago. Even though I wasn't expecting anything it was kind of disappointing that they didn't even wish us a happy anniversary. Considering the fact that the hostess made a point of mentioning it. Go in with an open mind. Like you said, you aren't expecting anything but sometimes a little extra magic makes it more magical.

Happy Annviersary!! :flower1:

We celebrated our 13th anniversary at Narcoossee’s last August and I called dining before we left the hotel to let them know we were celebrating. I also had an anniversary button on my purse. The host at check-in wished us happy anniversary and honored my request for a window seat with fireworks view. After dinner, our server brought us a complimentary dessert and champagne, which we enjoyed while watching the fireworks. It was magical! I hope you have a great experience there too : )

We were celebrating our anniversary and our server noticed our buttons. She brought out 2 complimentary cupcakes for us! I would have it noted on your dining reservation but also tell your hostess and server yourself when you are there.

You should expect nothing more than a verbal “Happy Anniversary “, if that. The number of folks celebrating something everyday is in the thousands I would think. Disney simply can not keep up. We have celebrated our 40 th and 45th Anniversaries and really nothing.
If you want something special at all, arrange and pay for it.

Definitely hit or miss with these things, but it never hurts to have it noted and/or mention it. This is part of why we usually have a custom cake delivered if it's a special meal...i.e. put the "something extra special" in my hands to ensure something happens. I will say this...whenever we have a cake delivered, we usually get more special attention than we would with just just noting it on the ADR or at check in.

Yeah, we will be celebrating our 25th this May (13th!) and were wondering the same thing.

We celebrated our 20th anniversary last trip. A chocolate “happy anniversary” placard placed on our dessert was about the highest acknowledgement we received in restaurants. The cake I ordered for our room was delicious though and our resort sent up chocolate covered strawberries on our actual anniversary (I had mentioned specific day when making conversation at check in).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter