Restaurant recs for 9 year old boy?

MamaMeggie

Mouseketeer
180 days out tomorrow so I'll be making my ADRs in the morning!!! We will be there in Feb for my son's 9th birthday. Do y'all have any suggestions of restaurants that might be good choices? We are going to Ohana one night (staying at Poly) and I thought Boma might be fun after our AK day since hopefully the kids could use the night vision goggles. What else? I'm planning on being in HS on his birthday itself and have my fingers crossed that the Star Wars dessert party will still be happening.

180 days out tomorrow so I'll be making my ADRs in the morning!!! We will be there in Feb for my son's 9th birthday. Do y'all have any suggestions of restaurants that might be good choices? We are going to Ohana one night (staying at Poly) and I thought Boma might be fun after our AK day since hopefully the kids could use the night vision goggles. What else? I'm planning on being in HS on his birthday itself and have my fingers crossed that the Star Wars dessert party will still be happening.
I would recommend Teppan Edo, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Hoop Dee Doo Review if you're interested in a dinner show.

I've got a 5 year old girl, so a little younger but some things she has really enjoyed.....

SciFi, Teppan Edo, Beaches & Cream, Whispering Canyon, Raglan Road, and Hoop Dee Doo

My eight year old son loved Crystal Palace and Mama Melrose...really everywhere we went except LTT.

We did the Happily Ever After dinner at 1900 Park Fare and the Step Family paid so much attention to him. He got a smooch from Drizella! And she even serenaded him with her "lovely" singing voice. Such fun!

Teppan Edo is a good, unique suggestion, especially if you don't have good teppan restaurants where you live.

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is another great suggestion, maybe the Spirit of Aloha Show too.

I think 'Ohana is a good choice. I also think you son would like Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. Good food at both with some entertaining waiters.

We wanted to do T-Rex with our son, but there hasn't been any availability on the ADR site. Has anyone had luck getting into T-Rex without a res?

We wanted to do T-Rex with our son, but there hasn't been any availability on the ADR site. Has anyone had luck getting into T-Rex without a res?

Apparently, you can telephone TRex and get reservations that way, so that's worth a try...

My kiddo's (8) top 3 are Sci Fi dine in, tusker house and Garden grill. He does love his characters though.

Tusker House is another good idea-- we always do a late breakfast.

And the Coral Reef in Epcot has a decent enough steak for my kids, and the ambience is wonderful!

Depends on your son, but I think the HDDR or Mickey's Backyard BBQ would be enjoyable for a birthday. Also, look into celebration cakes - not sure what they cost but it is a sure way to receive a little extra attention.

My DS (9 also) loves T-Rex, Garden Grill (best character interaction ever esp Chip & Dale), Raglan Road (he got to get on stage with the dancers) & Teppan Edo (my boy loves his hibachi restaurants).

My last trip fell over my niece's 9th birthday and my nephew's 8th birthday and their favourites were Sci-Fi (they loved the clips and the milkshakes!), Raglan Road (they enjoyed the food and the dancing and music, they didn't want to leave!), and Ohana for breakfast (Stitch was a hit!) They actually ate at these three :laughing: and were engaged in the experience as well! Chef Mickey's and Tusker House were also enjoyed too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter