• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant Recommendations

OhanaCassidy

Mouseketeer
We just came back from a WDW vacation and we had the deluxe dining plan so we ate at a lot of places! We are going back next June but this time we are only going with the regular dining plan since the DDP was just too much! But we are willing to pay out of pocket for some table service so that way we can still go to some 2 credit places like our favorites California Grill, Le Cellier and the Boathouse!! We are going for 11 days to the Poly so we have a lot of time for eating at places. We want to try some new places this time so what are your guys' favorite places to eat at when you go to WDW, it doesn't matter if it is Quick Service, 1 table credit or 2 table credits we are willing to go to them all!! Also what is your favorite menu item when you go to these places?

Our best meal, anywhere ever, was at Victoria & Albert's. This isn't a standard TS or signature and isn't on the DP. Very expensive but it changed the way I cook, or try to, at home.

I enjoyed my food at Narcoossee's and the service was very good. I thought it was crazy loud, though. The Ahi Tuna entree' was delicious. I can't remember what my mom had.
Raglan Road is a favorite of ours. The Appetizer D'Lirrah and entrees (no longer on the menu) have always been tasty, so tasty that we eat too much! DH wants to get the whiskey flight and bread pudding for dinner, if we have time to go back, so that he has room for his dessert ;)
Yak & Yeti was very good. My kids devoured the wok-fried green beans, darn them! They shared the lo mein and loved it. DH and I shared the dim sum and seafood curry. Both were yummy.
We love Via Napoli. DH would be fine with trying something new, even though he's enjoyed the pizza. I've tried and enjoyed pepperoni, piccante, carciofi, and is prosciutto e melone - which is my favorite. It's the only TS that lures me back.
Sanaa was delicious. The bread service is a highlight, but the entrees were tasty.
The Wave is quite good and the atmosphere is very calm, which is a godsend in WDW! I really enjoyed that place and we hope to have lunch or dinner there on our next trip. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly tasty, as I'm not buffet lover, and the kids ate so much that it was hours after we had been on the road home before they thought about food again.
I'm not much of a dessert person, but the PB&J shake at 50's is fantastic. We're going to order one from the bar when we hop over for the evening entertainment.

My favorite QS is Columbia Harbour House in MK. I'm one of the numerous fans of the tuna sandwich, but the fried shrimp my kids ate were quite good.

Jiko is one of my favorites. The menu is interesting and the wine list is fantastic. I've always had excellent service there. I like to get there early to look around AKL and check out the animals.

Speaking of AKL, Sanaa is another great choice. I prefer it for lunch since you're guaranteed daylight to see the animals. Booking the first lunch time also pretty much guarantees you a window seat. The bread service is delicious!

Our must-do on every trip is Raglan Road. The ginger mojito is so refreshing! It has a laid-back atmosphere with fun entertainment and yummy food. There are so many good choices that it's easy to please just about anyone.

Our best meal, anywhere ever, was at Victoria & Albert's. This isn't a standard TS or signature and isn't on the DP. Very expensive but it changed the way I cook, or try to, at home.

It is actually on the Platinum Dining Plan (extremely expensive plan).
upload_2016-8-13_0-27-12.png

Breakfast...The Wave, Trails End, Kona, Olivias
Lunch/Dinner...The Wave(prefer lunch), Kona, Olivias, Ohana(dinner), LTT, San Angel Inn, Via Napoli(Picante Pizza), Nine Dragons(Honey Sesame Chicken), Biergarten, Rose n Crown, 50s PTC and Flame Tree BBQ

Epcot go to Marrakesh as long as you like that kind of food curry is great as are the Brawert rolls and chicken Bastilla.
The Wave was just a really good meal had a great burger on a pretzel roll and deconstructed Key lime pie was great.
Narcoosee's Well I would say pricey but anything on the menu and again desserts too many to choose tough choice's.
Le Cellier still good soups is awesome but maybe down a notch or 2. Liked it whomever was the chef about 5/6 years ago. I can't imagine it is the same one with changes to menu.
Went to the Captians Grille at the YC and the Short Ribs were tremendous.

50s Prime Time
Mama Melrose
House of Blues
TRex
'Ohana
Whispering Canyon

Have enjoyed eating at all of the above and would recommend them as dining options.

I really love Teppan Edo (Epcot, Japan Pavilion). The staff is very personable (we went while my parents were celebrating an anniversary once and they presented them with this adorable origami heart with writing in Japanese around one edge), the food is tasty and the restaurant is quite nice looking. I never leave hungry and I also never leave overfull, which is a big deal for me.

I also really love Sanaa (AKL). The decor is beautiful, the food is amazing and the bread service is perhaps my favorite thing to eat with a group (and reasonably priced for an appetizer when you split it with said group).

Our favorites
Kona Cafe- breakfast Samoan or Tonga Toast and Kona coffee
Sunshine Seasons- for lunch QS, large variety -pork chop,rotisserie chicken,salmon, or Asian chicken salad
Hollywood Brown Derby- for lunch:Cobb Salad appetizer (full size is huge), Wagyu burger
Yak&Yeti for lunch- Teriyaki Mahi Mahi, Malaysian Seafood Curry, great drinks
Narcoossee's-for dinner-lobster bisque,filet mignon and lobster, our favorite restaurant,great service,food,& ambiance
Cape May Buffet dinner buffet of seafood(crab legs are very good)
Yachtsman Steakhouse-dinner:filet mignon and rib eye, day boat scallops
Wolfgang Puck Express- lunch,pizza turkey Cobb salad
Via Napoli-lunch:arancini, pizza

Some of my favourites are:

Crystal Palace (MK) - beautiful decor, fun character interaction, puffed french toast is what breakfast dreams are made of!
Via Napoli (Epcot) - Quattro Formaggi Signature Pie (white pizza: mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, provolone) is cheesy and decadent and delicious!
Chefs De France (Epcot) - Love the atmosphere and decor (especially at night). Love the Gratin De Macaroni and Cygne au chocolat (you can't really go wrong with chocolate!)
Casey's Corner (MK) - Corn dog nuggets are the perfect treat to snack on while waiting for a parade or Wishes!
Beaches and Cream (Beach Club Resort) - Amazing ice cream treats and great burgers!
Raglan Road (Disney Springs) - Again, awesome burger and outstanding staff and entertainment!
Portobello Italian Country Trattoria (Disney Springs) - Ate here on my last visit and it was so good! I had the Chicken Farfalle and it was delicious! Great service too!

There are just so many to choose from! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter