Restaurant Recommendations: San Francisco and San Diego/Coronado?

Ariel - I will add that you might want to consider renting a car. San Diego is very spread out and unless you plan on staying on Coronado your entire trip (not a bad idea, BTW) you'll spend more on taxis (probably $30 each way) then you will on rental cars.

Ariel - I will add that you might want to consider renting a car. San Diego is very spread out and unless you plan on staying on Coronado your entire trip (not a bad idea, BTW) you'll spend more on taxis (probably $30 each way) then you will on rental cars.
That is the plan (save for 1 day at the San Diego Zoo). :)

In old town San Diego we went to a place called Barra Barra. We ate outside and it was gorgeous and the food was awesome. Also liked the margaritas.

OP if you are staying in Coronado, check out Old Town Trolley tours. We used them staying in SanDiego to head to Old Town, Balboa Park (drop you off about a 10 minute walk to the Zoo) & Coronado. One of the Coronado stops is a few blocks from the Hotel Del.

In old town San Diego we went to a place called Barra Barra. We ate outside and it was gorgeous and the food was awesome. Also liked the margaritas.
Thank you!! That sounds lovely. It's on the list!
OP if you are staying in Coronado, check out Old Town Trolley tours. We used them staying in SanDiego to head to Old Town, Balboa Park (drop you off about a 10 minute walk to the Zoo) & Coronado. One of the Coronado stops is a few blocks from the Hotel Del.
Oh awesome, thank you! Sounds perfect! :)

We go to San Diego every 3 or 4 months or so, and always use public transportation. For $5, plus $2 for the card, per day you can ride buses and trolleys all day long. There is a bus to Coronado and back, as well as a local Coronado bus.

Pretty good happy hours at Eddie V's and Flemings.

Fred's in Old Town for margaritas...try the KA margarita...and free chips and salsa.

Hodad's for the surfer girl in you...one in Oceanside and one on Broadway downtown. Great burgers.

Hash House a Go Go in Hillcrest for great breakfast fare. One pancake easily feeds 2, and I always caution people to be careful...they overfill their plates.

We go to San Diego every 3 or 4 months or so, and always use public transportation. For $5, plus $2 for the card, per day you can ride buses and trolleys all day long. There is a bus to Coronado and back, as well as a local Coronado bus.

Pretty good happy hours at Eddie V's and Flemings.

Fred's in Old Town for margaritas...try the KA margarita...and free chips and salsa.

Hodad's for the surfer girl in you...one in Oceanside and one on Broadway downtown. Great burgers.

Hash House a Go Go in Hillcrest for great breakfast fare. One pancake easily feeds 2, and I always caution people to be careful...they overfill their plates.
Thank you for all of these recommendations - especially the bus pass. We'll definitely check that out! :)

Our favorite San Fran places to eat:

21st Amendment Brewing
The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen
FarmerBrown
Burger Bar

I'm actually probably more helpful with bars. :-/

Our favorite San Fran places to eat:

21st Amendment Brewing
The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen
FarmerBrown
Burger Bar

I'm actually probably more helpful with bars. :-/
This is not a bad thing. ;) thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter