Restaurant Recommendations for Solo Birthday Trip

ryanmilla

DIS Veteran
I’m looking for recommendations for a nice birthday dinner for my upcoming solo birthday trip. It will actually be my 50th, so I don’t mind splurging a bit (Not Chef’s table at Victoria and Alberts splurging). Last year I did Le Cellier for my bday dinner, so I’m thinking something different. My only real restriction is I can’t do seafood. Otherwise, I’m good to go.

I would love to hear recommendations. And thank you in advance.

Jiko. Sit at the “cooking place” it’s the bar type seating at the wood burning ovens inside the restaurant . you Get to chat with the chefs there making the salads and flatbreads. Food is great and it’s nice to walk around the lodge see the animals sit at Victoria Falls bar and have a birthday drink

Jiko. Sit at the “cooking place” it’s the bar type seating at the wood burning ovens inside the restaurant . you Get to chat with the chefs there making the salads and flatbreads. Food is great and it’s nice to walk around the lodge see the animals sit at Victoria Falls bar and have a birthday drink
And although I can't guarantee it will happen, last time I sat at the bar there, the salad lady gave me a salad to test that she was considering adding to the menu. It had a pear in it, and I was so excited to see it added after I had it, but I don't know if it's still there.IMG_0077-1.jpeg

And although I can't guarantee it will happen, last time I sat at the bar there, the salad lady gave me a salad to test that she was considering adding to the menu. It had a pear in it, and I was so excited to see it added after I had it, but I don't know if it's still there.View attachment 829118

once when we sat there it was my birthday and the made me a small flatbread it was amazing

Jiko’s cooking place/bar sounds fun! Do you need a reservation or is it walk up to sit there? (Sorry to hijack your thread 😬)

Jiko! Just came back from our diner there this evening, and it was amazing. Had the wild boar appetizer and the venison as my main dish. Both were incredible. It’s now my favourite restaurant at Disney and easily one of the best restaurants I’ve ever been to. Can’t recommend it enough!

Jiko’s cooking place/bar sounds fun! Do you need a reservation or is it walk up to sit there? (Sorry to hijack your thread 😬)
I was told that I still had to make a reservation, then ask about seating at the bar when I checked in. There are times when the bar is full, then they'd just turn you away if there was no bar seating. If you had a reservation, they said, you'd be given the option to wait. However, this was several years back, things may have changed.

You do need a restaurant reservation to sit at 5he cooking place. Be careful there is a bar just near the check in desk and you can sit there and they have bar tables. I do believe you can order food the but that is NOT the “cooking place” the cooking place is actually inside the restaurant so there is a difference. One time we asked to sit at the bar and the started putting us at the bar when we wanted the cooking place. There are only like 6 chairs at the cooking place so it can fill up but we have eaten there several times and it’s never been full
Also, when they are seating you ask them to explain the restaurant to you. The detail and story behind everything is amazing as well

We had a reservation once, and they were having trouble moving people along. So they asked if we would mind being in the cooking place. Mind?? Yes please! The chefs will talk with you as much or as little as you like. We voted for "much" and had a fantastic evening.

Happy Birthday! I do solo trips at a ratio of about 1:3 vs. family trips and hoping your 50th celebration is amazing.

Can't go wrong with the Jiko recommendation or others. In the $$ range ($15-$35), outside of parks, I would suggest either Steakhouse 71 (Contemporary) or Enzo's Hideaway (Disney Springs). Can add some others if you are considering the $$$ range and/or specific park/other locations.

Happiest of Birthday's!!!! I too vote for Jiko. I actually spent my 50th Birthday there! Just a regular table but it was lovely. The food, the service. Just an overall lovely experience.

We did California Grill last fall and meh. I know everyone has different experiences but we spent over $700 for 4 and I would not return. We did love Le Cellier a few nights later!

Good luck deciding. Hope you have a wonderful time :)

Happy Birthday! I second California Grill and even better if you get to see the fireworks. I love Indian food so Sana at Animal Kingdom lodge is amazing...the bread service...WOW!!! I have not been to Jiko but supposedly that is great and would be a step above Sana.

I'll put in a vote for Steakhouse 71. I did it for my 50th birthday and will be returning this year for my 53rd birthday. I love the bread and the top sirloin but honestly...I'm going for that chocolate cake. And what is a birthday without cake???

WOW! So many great recommendations! Thank you everyone! Well, I’ll have to choose which one for my actual birthday, but I’m definitely booking all of these for dinner reservations throughout that week.

Here is another question I’ll ask the group. I’ve broken my trip up into 3 different DVC villa stays. It starts on 4/4 and goes to 4/11, but with 3 different hotel reservations. Do you know if I can book all of my dining reservations starting on the 4th? Or since it is 3 different hotel reservations, I have to wait until each hotel reservation to book for those nights?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter