Restaurant for lunch reception suggestions?

perla75

DIS Veteran
Hi there!

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for a restaurant to host our after ceremony lunch?

We are NOT interested in going through private dining or renting a private room. We are looking to eat with the regular lunch crowd.

Things we'd like:

-To either eat in World Showcase Epcot or in a deluxe resort restaurant
-Someplace elegant & classy, yet unique & special
-Someplace not outragously priced
-*Someplace that will accomodate a party of 18*

Thanks! :goodvibes

Unfortunately, you're not able to wear your wedding attire into the parks, so unless you're OK with changing clothes first, a park restaurant isn't going to be possible. A lot of the nicer resort restaurants are not open for lunch.

Many people on these boards wind up at the Grand Floridian Cafe or Portobello Yacht Club (in Downtown Disney). The afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian could also be a choice.

We had lunch after our ceremony at the Portobello Yacht Club and enjoyed it very much. It's very nice inside, and the menu has more than just sandwiches, if you're looking for something a little more formal.

Thanks guys!

Sorry, some more questions: are California Grill, Boma & Citricos open for lunch?

We both agreed that we want to get the ceremony done and over in the morning or noon, so we can relax the rest of the day. We'll want to do a lunch reception (around early-mid afternoon).

*Boma is our FAVORITE restaurant at WDW!

What's the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian? I've only heard of one they have with Alice & the Mad Hatter, but we don't want a character meal for a lunch reception.

Well, I definately want to be somewhere where I can keep my wedding dress on, so I guess Epcot is out. We want to avoid DTD (just not our favorite area).

So, I guess we are down to resort restaurants or restaurants on the Boardwalk.

I guess I should have thought before suggesting BOMA (it's one of my favorite too), but they are not open for lunch :guilty:
However I think dinner seatings start around 4:00pm if you want a late lunch...

And sadly, I don't think Citricos or the California grill are open for lunch either.

The tea looks really fun though. My DF and I are going for the first time this Friday for Buckingham Palace Tes and are soooo excited! :goodvibes
There are no characters at all, but it did take me some time to find information about the tea when we wanted to go. To save you from searching, here's the menu we found!

Appetizers/Starter
British Cheese Plate - A selection of traditional British cheeses, served with an array of seasonal fruit. - $13.50
English Blue Stilton Cheese - Served with walnuts and marinated berries. Served with Fonseca Port $12.75 - $7.95
English Trifle - English trifle. - $7.95
Freshly Baked Scones - Freshly baked scones served with Devonshire cream and preserves. - $4.50
Gentleman's Tea Platter - House-made duck and cherry terrine, chicken & pork roulade, country pate en croute, accompanied by marinated berries, cumberland sauce and English Blue Stilton, the "King" of English cheeses. - $11.50
Plate of Assorted Tea Sandwiches - Plate of assorted tea sandwiches. - $9.50
Sally Lunn Bread - Sally Lunn Bread - $4.50
Strawberries & Cream - Strawberries and cream. - $7.95
Two Jam Tarts - Two Jam Tarts - $4.50

Entree/Main Course
Buckingham Palace - Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complimented by fresh strawberries & cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, served with your choice of tea. Priced per guest. - $19.50
Prince Edward's Tea - A delicious array of ducy and cherry terrine, chicken & pork roulade, country pate en croute, and English Blue Stilton, the "King" of English cheeses. Served with marinated fresh berries, and cumberland sauce. We then offer our delicious fresh baked scones served with rich Devonshire cream. Your choice of our tea with a glass of our Fonseca Bin 27 Character, Port. Priced per guest. - $21.00
Sally Lunn Tea - Sally Lunn rolls date back to the 18th century where they were baked fresh, then sold on the streets of Bath, England by the creator. Here at the Grand Floridian we have carried on this tradition of this sweet yeast bread served lightly toasted with apricot preserves. This is followed by a choice of either trifle or strawberries and cream, along with your choice of tea. Priced per guest. - $13.50
The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of sparkling wine and your choice of tea. Priced per guest. - $25.50

Dessert
Lemon Pound Cake - Lemon pound cake. - $4.50
Pastries - Pastries - $3.75

Drinks
Custom Blends: Made exclusively for the Gardenview Tea Room - Choose from Gardenview Blend with sweet jasmine and citrus bergamot or the Princess Breakfast Tea with vanilla bean, South African organic rooibos, and a hint of strawberries. Priced per person. - $5.95
Herbal Infusions: A collection of herbs, flowers, fruits, berries, or spices from around the world. - Herbal Infusions are naturally caffeine free. Choose from Chamomile Flowers, Harmony, Lemon Verbena, Jamaican Spice, Nobo Whole Fruit, and Vanilla Rooibos. Priced per person. - $5.95
Selection of Black Teas - Choose from Osmanthus Oolong, Imperial English Breakfast, Russian Earl Grey, Darjeeling, Eros, Cassis, or Mad Hatter. Priced per person. - $5.95
Selection of White and Green Teas - Choose from Jade Leaf Green, Floral Jasmine Green or Jasmine White. Priced per person. - $5.95
Specialty Drinks - Brandy Alexander, Champagne Cocktail, or Grand Mimosa. - $7.50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garden View Tea Room
Child's Menu

Snack
Entree/Main Course

Mrs. Potts Tea - For the younger "tea lover" in your party, we offer a variety of tea sandwiches, tuna salad, ham and cheese and peanut butter and jelly on white bread. We serve our magical dark tea (chocolate milk) followed with a choice of 2 pastries. Priced per guest. - $10.50

Oh, and I believe sittings are from 2:00pm-5:00pm

Thank you-you are so kind to find out all that info!!! :flower3:
The tea looks PERFECT! I love that they sell lunch sandwiches and my DF's brother/his wife are big into tea. That sounds so relaxing! I especially love how you get a bunch of different things for a fixed price. Makes it much easier for my mom!

Too bad about Boma, I don't want to wait till 4 for everyone to eat. Maybe we'll do Boma as our night before the wedding family dinner.

Thank you again-now, where is this tea room? Is it hooked onto another restaurant at the GF or is it a separate restaurant?

Hi there!

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for a restaurant to host our after ceremony lunch?

We are NOT interested in going through private dining or renting a private room. We are looking to eat with the regular lunch crowd.

Things we'd like:

-To either eat in World Showcase Epcot or in a deluxe resort restaurant
-Someplace elegant & classy, yet unique & special
-Someplace not outragously priced
-*Someplace that will accomodate a party of 18*

Thanks! :goodvibes

California Grill that's where we had our rehearsal luncheon! The food was excellent and view fantastic.

Lauren

Thank you again-now, where is this tea room? Is it hooked onto another restaurant at the GF or is it a separate restaurant?

The Gardenview Tea Room is in the lobby of the Grand Floridian - it's a separate restaurant. Parties of 15+ are booked at 2:00 pm or 4:40 pm and have to order off a separate, large-party menu. You book with a credit card, and there is a 48-hour cancellation policy; no speeches, games, or gift opening are allowed :-)confused:). To book for up to 14 guests, call 407-939-3463. For
15-25 guests, call 407-824-2351.

And just to clarify, California Grill and Citricos are not open for lunch unless you have a private event. :sad1:

The Gardenview Tea Room is in the lobby of the Grand Floridian - it's a separate restaurant. Parties of 15+ are booked at 2:00 pm or 4:40 pm and have to order off a separate, large-party menu. You book with a credit card, and there is a 48-hour cancellation policy; no speeches, games, or gift opening are allowed :-)confused:). To book for up to 14 guests, call 407-939-3463. For
15-25 guests, call 407-824-2351.

And just to clarify, California Grill and Citricos are not open for lunch unless you have a private event. :sad1:

Thanks for this info! Well, I guess Boma would have been our first choice, but this tea idea sounds great. Is it a small restaurant? We visited GF last time we were there and I remember seeing V&A, Narcossees, Citricos, and 1900 Park Fare (wow, I just realized that GF has a ton of restaurants, huh?), but no Tea Room. Is it near the lobby?

2pm or 4pm would be a perfect time (we want either a 10am or 12pm ceremony). Believe me though, we'll be JUST FINE with no speeches :sad2: Not that I'm not sentimental or mushy, but I get really embarrassed and uncomfortable with that stuff! :blush:

Is the separate menu similar to the one posted online?

Anywhere but the Grand Floridian Cafe lol!!!!!!!!! That is my only regret from my wedding day,we ate there! the girls gave you great ideas!! Let us know what you decide and good luck I hope you get what you want!!

Anywhere but the Grand Floridian Cafe lol!!!!!!!!! That is my only regret from my wedding day,we ate there! the girls gave you great ideas!! Let us know what you decide and good luck I hope you get what you want!!

Thanks Lynn!! :goodvibes
It's nice to "meet" you by the way! I've been following your PJ & TR & everything looks so perfect & beautiful!! I hope my day is just as great as yours!

Thanks Lynn!! :goodvibes
It's nice to "meet" you by the way! I've been following your PJ & TR & everything looks so perfect & beautiful!! I hope my day is just as great as yours!

Aww it will be!!!!!!!!!!! It's nice to meet you too!!! Your avatar is sooo cute!!!! I love it!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter