Rest day ideas

miccolt

Earning My Ears
Planning my first trip to Disneyland, after many Disneyworls trips and feeling a little lost. Travelling in July and staying at the Candy Cane Inn. Planning to have a “rest” day in between my park days so we can all recharge. Any recommendations for things to do on the rest day? Very unfamiliar with the area. Thanks!

If you having a Non park day at Disneyland California on a Thursday and Sunday's there's a church services they are listed here on the Dreams unlimited travel website wdwinfo article.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/houses-of-worship.htm

There's also other things to do such as San Diego zoo or knotts berry farm these are listed on the same website Dreams unlimited travel wdwinfo article. https://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/other-area-attractions.htm

You can also go swimming if there's a swimming pool at the hotel. I believe there's lot's of things to enjoy

Los Angeles hop on hop off double decker bus tour.

Planning my first trip to Disneyland, after many Disneyworls trips and feeling a little lost. Travelling in July and staying at the Candy Cane Inn. Planning to have a “rest” day in between my park days so we can all recharge. Any recommendations for things to do on the rest day? Very unfamiliar with the area. Thanks!

Go to the beach! Go shopping and have a beautiful lunch outside at Fashion Island. Explore corona Del Mar. have ice cream at B candy. Get a glass of sangria at Tommy Bahama and some fish tacos. Rent a Duffy boat in Newport harbor. Basically spend the day in Newport Beach.

How old are the people in your group and will you have a car? Are you looking for a break from the parks or something relaxing to do?

Sleep in, go out for a nice breakfast or do a character breakfast/brunch at GCH or DLH, nap, watch a movie, use the pool. You could walk around DTD for part of it. Have dinner and go to bed early so you're ready for the next morning.

We're taking a rest day during our June trip. Planning to have a leisurely morning and then go to the Aquarium Of The Pacific in Long Beach.

We are staying at CCI in June for a week. We are taking a rest day in the middle of the week, too. Our plan is to sleep in, eat our CCI breakfast, and then head to Aliso Beach in a rental car in the Laguna area, as it looks like the parking there is easy and has a great playground nearby, showers and food. We plan to spend a few hours there playing on the beach/exploring, and then eat a great dinner before heading back to Candy Cane and dropping off our rental.

Not sure if you have kids in your party - ours are 10, 8 and 8, and when we talked about options for our rest day, seeing the Pacific Ocean was at the top of their list.

I think it depends on if you want a true rest day or just a non-park semi-relaxing day.

We might plan in a rest day on our next trip. If we do...we'll sleep in, eat a late breakfast, wander Downtown Disney and maybe wander around the Disneyland Hotel area. Probably grab some pizza and have it in our room for lunch. Have some pool time. I might do some laundry (we'll be road tripping so it's a long trip with lots of clothes.) Dinner and then just relax in our room and go to bed early.

For just a non-park but relaxing day....we've done Newport beach. We also like to wander Old Town Orange (partly because we used to live over there.)

If you having a Non park day at Disneyland California on a Thursday and Sunday's there's a church services they are listed here on the Dreams unlimited travel website wdwinfo article.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/houses-of-worship.htm

There's also other things to do such as San Diego zoo or knotts berry farm these are listed on the same website Dreams unlimited travel wdwinfo article. https://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/other-area-attractions.htm

You can also go swimming if there's a swimming pool at the hotel. I believe there's lot's of things to enjoy

Los Angeles hop on hop off double decker bus tour.
I would not recommend going to another theme park, San Diego or LA on a rest day. Thats *a lot* of driving and the zoo for example is gigantic and the drive would negate any rest (I live in San Diego and do the drive to Anaheim often.) Same for LA. That is not restful.

I second the sleep in, have a great character brunch at storytellers or Goofy’s kitchen, hang at the pool and have dinner in downtown disney. If you wanted to venture off property check out the Anaheim Packing House for great food and fun ambiance. If you want to “explore” more then the most I would do would be to drive to the beach for a beachside lunch. Newport is a great option.

Well, the most important part of the rest day is...to rest, so I'd say a lot of pool time, maybe watch a movie together? The Candy Cane Inn's website has some suggestions if you want to do a little more: https://www.candycaneinn.net/plan-your-trip.htm

I second the above, You could spend some time in the afternoon in Downtown Disney, checking out the stores and getting a bite to eat, grabbing a snack or two, checking out the Disney hotels too.

We are staying at CCI in June for a week. We are taking a rest day in the middle of the week, too. Our plan is to sleep in, eat our CCI breakfast, and then head to Aliso Beach in a rental car in the Laguna area, as it looks like the parking there is easy and has a great playground nearby, showers and food. We plan to spend a few hours there playing on the beach/exploring, and then eat a great dinner before heading back to Candy Cane and dropping off our rental.

Not sure if you have kids in your party - ours are 10, 8 and 8, and when we talked about options for our rest day, seeing the Pacific Ocean was at the top of their list.
Make sure you bring beach towels with you. When we went we forgot towels and had to buy 2 of them. Hotel towels may not be the best either. I now always pack 3 beach towels for any vacation.

Newport Beach/Balboa Island is about 20 miles away. Between the Beach, shops, restaurants, and the little harbor cruises, it can be a fun place to spend a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter