Ressie for 8 and showing up with 9?

Kailua's Belle

Mouseketeer
I called Disney to try to add one person to my dining reservations, but they said almost all of my restaurants don't have availablility. Will they really not seat us if we have one extra person? We may have an extra person coming along with us and I'm feaking out because I made my ressies months ago and now it's two weeks out.

I called Disney to try to add one person to my dining reservations, but they said almost all of my restaurants don't have availablility. Will they really not seat us if we have one extra person? We may have an extra person coming along with us and I'm feaking out because I made my ressies months ago and now it's two weeks out.

Many restaurants will try to accommodate you, if they can.

Sometimes it is just not possible, however.

You won't know until you are at the check-in.
Best if you can get there well beforehand and let the staff know as early as possible.

Just keep trying to change ressie, if not, follow Robo's advice and also have a plan B if you cant get all 9 in...

You most likely will encounter a problem in those restaurants that have tables for 8. 9 people won't fit at an 8 person table. If they don't have a 10 person table available then they will not be able to seat you with the extra person. If I understood your post it appears that you have multiple restaurants where you need to add an additional person. Chances are fairly high that you will have problems with at least several of the restaurants. You may get lucky at a few but most likely not at all of them.

I'm sure they will try to accommodate you but there aren't any guarantees. Good luck! Keep trying to add the 9th person and also have a back up plan if you arrive at a restaurant and they can't accommodate the additional person.

We had a party of 6, and had to add a 7th a bunch of times. Most of the time, we couldn't because, as a pp said, tables are made to accomodate even #s of people (for me, I had booked for a 6-top but needed an 8-top to accomodate 7 of us). So you are going from needing 2 tables pushed together (at most places) to needing 3 tables pushed together. In other words, you needed an 8-top and now need a 10-top. It's hard for a restaurant to accomodate parties that large WITH advance notice -- if the restaurants are busy, you can almost bet they will be, accomodating 9 without notice will be nearly impossible.

Can you call back and ask for tables for a party of 4 and a party of 5 (for the same time slot) and then just divide up for meals??

I just called today to add an extra person(to make it a party of 10) at Tusker House for breakfast in July. They could not add the extra person because they didn't have any open reservations for that many. What she did do was make a reservation for 1 that was 15 min. later than ours and said when we check in she thought we could all sit together. I took it because they didn't have anything else.

Well, I've spent all morning making new reservations. Things are still a little jumbled, but the best news is I called CRT directly and they were able to add one person.:wizard: That one was my biggest concern. I'm thinking of dropping the Fantasmic dinner at Mama Melrose since they added several 10:30 shows for the time we're there.

I'm having the hardest time replacing my Sci-Fi ressie. Can three sit in one row? If so, I think it will work, since I could sit with my two littles ones and everyone else could be doubles.

I can't seem to get Garden Grill either. Any opinions on Tusker House for a character meal? That one seemed pretty easy to get.

Thanks for the input!!

Sci-Fi ressie.

1- Can three sit in one row? If so,

2- I think it will work, since I could sit with my two littles ones and everyone else could be doubles.

I can't seem to get Garden Grill either. Any opinions on Tusker House for a character meal? That one seemed pretty easy to get.

Thanks for the input!!

1- If they are not all too large.

2- Sounds perfect.

We like both the Garden Grill and the Tusker House.

At Sci Fi three can fit in one row, but I don't know that they'll seat you that way.
We had luck bumping our Sci Fi ressie from 7 people to 9 and an infant when we walked up last July. It was a 11:05 ressie though, and they still had space for walk ins. They did tell us that we would not be guaranteed a car table. It wasn't a problem, and they ended up seating us in 2 cars right next to each other. We were the very first group to check in for the day. They also said that we might have to wait longer for a table, but we were seated in 10 minutes. I would say there were only about 20 other people in the entire restaurant.

Tusker House is a pretty fun restaurant.

For Garden Grill, you may be able to fit an extra person in your booth. (we were seated at a booth when we had a similar party size) It's just a matter of whether or not they'll let you. If they seat you at two tables for four, then it might be a problem.

Thank you! I may try to call the other restaurants directly also and see if that works out. I just realized Tusker House is only a character meal at breakfast and I made a lunch ressie, so hopefully I can just add one more to the Garden Grill one instead. My son won't be too thrilled if we make him dine with the princesses and he doesn't get to dine with Mickey or Donald.;)

Seems like Biergarten is an easy res to get, but my mom hates German food (bad experience at an Oktoberfest). Anyway, that place looks like a lot of fun too, so I hope I can talk her into it. We'll see.

I am having a similar issue for our trip in October. I planned everything out for a party of 7 and had some great reservations then my parents tell me that my sister that flaked out now wnats to send her two kids. Since they would fit in the room and EVERYONE else besides my husband and I were perfectly ok with dealing with watching them I ended up having to replan everything in case they come (yeah we still don't know but I did it already figuring it would be better to book 9 and show up with 7 then the other way around) I got them into a few places the ones I didn't I booked things for 3 at another restaurant (1 child, 2 adults since the older child is an adult on the plan) so that one or two adults will have to take the littlest one somewhere else for those meals. Yet I still don't have to give up any of my plans that I liked for other places.

I am all for splitting up the group. There will be 9 of us at WL in August. Not eating with my BIL/SIL will make for a much happier vacation for me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter