resources for trip insurance

esmiles

Earning My Ears
We booked our trip on the fantasy last week and need to get some trip insurance set up! We can not add on Disney's plan due to booking VGT (it also seemed more expensive than others I explored). I know lots of others use resources online but I am not sure the best place to start. I know lots of links are now filtered but can someone help me know what to google!??! we are traveling with a 5 yr old and an infant so I am terrified someone will get sick and we won't make it on the boat!
Thanks!

We booked our trip on the fantasy last week and need to get some trip insurance set up! We can not add on Disney's plan due to booking VGT (it also seemed more expensive than others I explored). I know lots of others use resources online but I am not sure the best place to start. I know lots of links are now filtered but can someone help me know what to google!??! we are traveling with a 5 yr old and an infant so I am terrified someone will get sick and we won't make it on the boat!
Thanks!
Look for "travel insurance comparison site" and you'll get lots of hits. I've used the one that comes up pretty much near the top in that search (sorry can't post the link here), as well as squaremouth.com and tripinsurancestore.com. They're all pretty good.

Once you select one, you just enter the parameters of what you want covered and they will show you many different companies policies.

Just curious, why can't you get DCL insurance with VGT? Not that I'm suggesting you should use it, just asking.

Look for "travel insurance comparison site" and you'll get lots of hits. I've used the one that comes up pretty much near the top in that search (sorry can't post the link here), as well as squaremouth.com and tripinsurancestore.com. They're all pretty good.

Once you select one, you just enter the parameters of what you want covered and they will show you many different companies policies.

Just curious, why can't you get DCL insurance with VGT? Not that I'm suggesting you should use it, just asking.
We could have bought it initially, but we opted out in the moment thinking that it was a bit expensive for the coverage. We don't have the option to add it after booking since it is a GT fare

We could have bought it initially, but we opted out in the moment thinking that it was a bit expensive for the coverage. We don't have the option to add it after booking since it is a GT fare
Well, you can still add it afterwards, just by calling DCL. Just can't do it online. That's the same thing with adding DCL transfers - you have to select them at the time of booking. If you don't, you have to call to add them.

Thanks!
Are you a USAA member, by any chance? We get our insurance through one of their affiliates.

If your primary concerns are that some becomes ill and you can’t cruise, the DCL insurance probably isn’t your best option. As PP suggested, Google for travel insurance comparison will give you some good sites. Don’t hesitate to call and ask questions to be sure you are getting the coverage you want.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter