• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resorts that sleep 6

aussiejen

Mouseketeer
hi all, i am after suggestions on resorts that sleep 6 people. 2 adults, 4 kids 17, 15, 5 & 2 yr old when we visit.
We normally stay at POP but will need a bigger room next stay.
Have thought about connecting rooms but not too keen on that idea.
Were travelling from Australia so wont have a car so also need some where with transport to and from the parks.
Thanku :)

We rented dvd points for a 2 bedroom villa for about the same cost as 2 connecting moderate rooms. Any reason why you don’t want to get 2 connecting rooms? That’s what we do when we cruise with our family of 7 when we cruise, 2 bathrooms is a plus.

Connecting rooms are not guaranteed at Disney so the OP has the right idea to figure something else out. Since your little one is under 3, you will fit in any rooms that sleep 5 or more. Art of Animation suite or an All star Music suites are good choices. You would technically fit in one room at CBR and POR, as long as you book the 5th sleeper rooms. It will be a little tight though.

Actually connecting room aren’t guaranteed anywhere, but considering the ages of the older kids, it should be a problem if they aren’t connecting.

We are a family of 6 and stayed in a Fort Wilderness cabin. The bedroom has a queen size bed and a set of bunk beds, and the living room has a queen size pullout sofa.

If you’re ok with being on top of each other you can fit 6 in a standard room at POR and CBR, as well as most studio Villas at the deluxe resorts. These rooms hold 5 adults + an infant. Disney considers children infants until their third birthday. I’m not sure if you’ll enjoy such tight quarters with teenagers involved, but our 4 are younger so it works well for us (for now).

Actually connecting room aren’t guaranteed anywhere, but considering the ages of the older kids, it should be a problem if they aren’t connecting.
Actually, they are guaranteed other places. As a family of 8, we often have at least two rooms. Of all the places we go, Disney is the only place that will not guarantee our rooms will be connecting or next to each other if connecting rooms are not at their hotel.

Unless one of the older kids is 18 or older, they need an adult in each room if they don't connect.

I second the cabins at fort wilderness!! My family loves them and you have a full kitchen and an outside area with grill and picnic table. If it’s in the budget renting a golf cart is a lot of fun to explore the fort with. Helps save money on food and you don’t have someone on top of you all the time.

The suites at AoA work well for our family when we're a party of 6. Our kids are older (13 to mid-20's) and don't like to share beds so we take an air mattress for one person and the 13 yo uses the couch cushions as her bed (her choice, we'd be happy to take another air mattress). We like the layout/configuration of the suites because the kids sleep in one area and DH & I have a private bedroom. We absolutely need 2 bathrooms with 6 of us in the room. We can manage a night or two in a hotel room with only one bathroom, but for extended stays, a room with 2 bathrooms is a must for our family (we're used to 4 bathrooms at home). I don't cook on vacation, but we do eat breakfast in the room most days, so the microwave and small refrigerator in the suites is more than enough "kitchen" for us. The cabins and villas would provide a full kitchen (well, the cabins aren't exactly a "full" kitchen anymore) if that's important.

The suites at AoA work well for our family when we're a party of 6. Our kids are older (13 to mid-20's) and don't like to share beds so we take an air mattress for one person and the 13 yo uses the couch cushions as her bed (her choice, we'd be happy to take another air mattress). We like the layout/configuration of the suites because the kids sleep in one area and DH & I have a private bedroom. We absolutely need 2 bathrooms with 6 of us in the room. We can manage a night or two in a hotel room with only one bathroom, but for extended stays, a room with 2 bathrooms is a must for our family (we're used to 4 bathrooms at home). I don't cook on vacation, but we do eat breakfast in the room most days, so the microwave and small refrigerator in the suites is more than enough "kitchen" for us. The cabins and villas would provide a full kitchen (well, the cabins aren't exactly a "full" kitchen anymore) if that's important.
OMG where have I been!!! I just had to look it up. They took the oven out of the cabins and replaced it with 2 cooktop burners and a convection microwave. We haven’t stayed there in quite a few years but that is disappointing. That is one of the reasons we chose this resort. We don’t cook every meal but doing some cooking makes it easier to splurge on a few signature dining experiences

The deluxe room at Wilderness Lodge has a bedroom with 2 queen beds in a separate area & a queen size foldout couch in the living area. Only one bathroom, though! But it is Club Level so breakfast, snacks, all drinks, & dinner ( at least for our family it is enough to count as dinner. It’s heavy appetizers, cheese & crackers, crudités, hummus, etc) are provided, so the price difference could be easily offset with a family your size.

Technically, you only need a room that sleeps 5 since one of your children is under 3. Any standard deluxe room, aside from WL or AKL, would fit the bill.

Some moderates also have accommodations that sleep 5, but that would be an awfully tight fit.

Unless one of the older kids is 18 or older, they need an adult in each room if they don't connect.
On paper. We had a family emergency at the same time my 14 and 16 year olds had an out of town dance competition in Philadelphia. The hotel actually let them check in, and fortunately other families were in nearby rooms.

On paper. We had a family emergency at the same time my 14 and 16 year olds had an out of town dance competition in Philadelphia. The hotel actually let them check in, and fortunately other families were in nearby rooms.
But that wasn't a Disney resort.

But that wasn't a Disney resort.
Disney is no different than any other hotel. In this case, the parents check in, and if the the rooms aren’t connecting, have the teens sleep in one room and the rest sleep in the other room. My kids slept on site on school trips with no one 18 and older in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter