Resort with toddler age kids

I have a two year old and he loved all the All-stars. Loved the big icons and felt like kids could be kids at the resort. Also, service was great. Remember strollers make life more challenging on buses. We had a car and took Minnie vans. Pop or Art of Animation May be easier with stroller on skyline.

I would vote for CBR. In addition to the pools, they also have beach areas where the little ones can play in the sand.
Another thing to think about is this: if you stay at a skyliner resort, you might want to look at bringing two individual strollers instead of one big double stroller. If you have a double stroller, I think they make you take the "handicap accessible" loop, which could be a longer wait. Not the end of the world, just something to consider if you have multiple adults that would be available to push the strollers.

If they are open to staying in a cabin, I think the Ft. Wilderness cabins are comparable in price to an Art of Animation suite.

Fort Wilderness is my son's favorite resort. We went there when he was 20 months and again when he was almost 2.5. There are a couple of good playgrounds and a great splash ground for little kids. He also enjoyed looking at the horses, eating Mickey waffles by the beach, and meeting Chip and Dale at the campfire sing-a-long (if character meet and greets are back by then). At the time (2018), you could see the Electric Water Pageant and the fireworks from the beach each night. There is a boat that goes to the Magic Kingdom (which was great, because we didn't have to fold the stroller and could let him sleep), and you can take the boat over on non-park days just for a peaceful boat trip. Or go from there to the monorail for a monorail ride and breakfast with Pooh and Tigger at the Grand Floridian (if character breakfasts and resort hopping are back by then). My son loves meeting the characters, though I know not all toddlers enjoy it (my sister was terrified of amusement park characters).

Several of those activities are contingent on COVID regulations easing (which hopefully the virus will be under control by next summer). If not, be aware that 2 year olds will need to wear masks on playgrounds and anywhere outside the room unless at the pool or eating or drinking.

The only cons to Ft. Wilderness was, for us, how spread out it is, but it also adds to the appeal, as you seem miles away from the hustle and bustle. There is an internal bus system, but you have to fold the stroller. Also, bus transportation to Disney Springs was pretty slow. Overall, as much as my son enjoyed the larger-than-life Disney at the value resorts when he was 3 and 4, he seemed more over-stimulated than when we were at Ft. Wilderness or Coronado Springs, but that could have been just his personality or the difference in being 1-2 rather than 3-4.

A note on strollers and the Skyliner...an above poster mentioned the issue of a double stroller, and I would agree, 2 singles are best if there are enough adults that can push them. Everyone we saw with doubles were getting the kids out and folding the strollers, while we rolled our 2 singles into our Skyliner car.

Hope this helps!

One of the years that we brought our twins, I think they were 4, we stayed in a suite at AoA. We enjoyed the second bathroom and 3 beds. Poly DVC studio would be my first choice because of the monorail access but I think you said no deluxe.

One of the years that we brought our twins, I think they were 4, we stayed in a suite at AoA. We enjoyed the second bathroom and 3 beds. Poly DVC studio would be my first choice because of the monorail access but I think you said no deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter