Resort with less walking

Kary123

Earning My Ears
Booked Port Orleans French Quarter but really want to stay at Beach Club. With all the walking at the parks don’t want my husband to do a lot walking at hotel. Looking at the map it is hard to tell how far the bus stop is for Beach Club. Yacht Club bus stop and boat seem closer at Yacht. Maybe this is better option? Any other hotel suggestions? How about when leaving parks are the buses for deluxe hotels closer.

Booked Port Orleans French Quarter but really want to stay at Beach Club. With all the walking at the parks don’t want my husband to do a lot walking at hotel. Looking at the map it is hard to tell how far the bus stop is for Beach Club. Yacht Club bus stop and boat seem closer at Yacht. Maybe this is better option? Any other hotel suggestions? How about when leaving parks are the buses for deluxe hotels closer.
If you stay at Beach Club, it's right out back of Epcot, so when going there you can take boat or walk. Going to Hollywood Studios you can take Skyliner from EPCOT international gateway station. Bus to MK and AK.

Now, I will say that the deluxe hotels are mixed up near and far at Park Bus Stop depot, they aren't the closer bus stops just b/c they are Deluxe, sorry to say.

The bus and boat stops are closer at the YC versus the BC. However, if by chance you wanted to walk to EP, the BC is closer.

In many ways, it depends on your assigned room - some are much closer than others. I will say that the marina at BC/YC is closer to YC. In most cases the bus stop will be closer at YC, as well.

As sure as you want less walking at your resort, you'll be put in a room waaaay near the end of the hall about as distant from the elevators as you can get.

Even if not, the bus station isn't necessarily close to the lobby at some either. We had a Wilderness Lodge room once that was close to the elevator, but the bus station was not right outside the main entrance as you'd tend to think.

Something to be aware of is that if the room's location is unsatisfactory, you can ask to be moved. That may not be possible, though.

Prior posters are correct that bus stops for the various resorts can be quite far from the park gate. And those can change, so relying on information DIS posters provide may not be reliable for when you're at WDW.

I would stay at a resort with multiple bus stops and request near a bus stop. The best we ever has was SSR staying in the Paddock section it was maybe a slow 2 1/2 minute walk to the bus stop and 2 Minutes to the pool. I have not stayed at a Moderate in over 20 years but I do recall we had a room near a bus stop at Riverside. Poly you could be very close to the bus stop and Main building - monorail. WL -CC has rooms on the first floor (actually second) near the gift shop that would be close to the bus stop as well as the restaurants. - This would be my choice as nothing felt far- Jambo house has rooms above the lobby that are close but the bus stop is up and down an incline (would not go as far as hill but you will feel it) If you get any of these rooms your walk be under 5 minutes -- there are resorts that a little further like BW has rooms close to the lobby as well. The deluxe resorts will have benches to sit near the bus stop at the resort not sure if Moderates do.

For the absolute LEAST walking, I would say CR in a tower room as it's the most vertical of the deluxe resorts. Dining in the same building and bus stop is at front entrance. If you plan on spending a lot of time in WS at EP, BC will be less walking overall as you wouldn't have to trek back through the entrance and way out into the parking lot to get to the buses.

For DVC, Riviera would have the least walking. Food in the same building, bus stop at entrance and skyliner out side entrance.

For moderate, I would say POFQ requesting a room in Bldg 4 near food court. Food court and bus stop are on the same side of the entrance, closest to Bldg 4.

The FQ is a very compact resort so the walking will be minimal. The BC bus stop is very close to the front entrance, similar to that of the YC.

The BC is a shorter walk to Epcot's International Gateway than the YC. If you were to take the boat from YC to Epcot you will first stop at BW before getting to International Gateway. Time wise it is significant'y slower than walking.

For the absolute LEAST walking, I would say CR in a tower room as it's the most vertical of the deluxe resorts. Dining in the same building and bus stop is at front entrance. If you plan on spending a lot of time in WS at EP, BC will be less walking overall as you wouldn't have to trek back through the entrance and way out into the parking lot to get to the buses.

For DVC, Riviera would have the least walking. Food in the same building, bus stop at entrance and skyliner out side entrance.

For moderate, I would say POFQ requesting a room in Bldg 4 near food court. Food court and bus stop are on the same side of the entrance, closest to Bldg 4.
I would second all of this. In addition, staying at the Coronado Tower does not involve a lot of walking.

I haven’t tried Riviera yet but one of the most commonly noted positives is easy access all around. Compact footprint makes a short trip to various dining options, pool, skyliner to 2 parks and buses to the other 2 parks. Being built up instead of out means not needing to walk a quarter mile across the resort to refill your mug, lol.

The resort with the least walking is the Comtemporary. From your room it’s down an elevator and up an escalator to the monorail. No long walks between buildings. When we started staying there instead of Poly my legs quit hurting.

I would also suggest Copper Creek Villas, Boulder Ridge or just WL in general. It is not as large as other resorts and bus stop is not far from rooms. I would also suggest Contemporary, Bay Lake Tower, and the Tower at Coronado Springs. All of these are singular complexes that do not have "buildings" where you have to walk from buildings to main building bus stop. Boardwalk, Yacht, and Beach, and AKL can also be this way, They are just a very "wide" resorts that cover a lot of area, so these would be my least likely suggestion.

You could also get very lucky with rooms at SSR or OKW close to a bus stop that would include minimal walking.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter