Resort tips and observations from August 6-8

Mickey18girl

Earning My Ears
Note: I stayed at the Swan hotel but also visited other resorts
  • I would avoid Friday-Saturday check in. The hotel got much busier and more crowds in the lobby than I would’ve been comfortable waiting in to check in
  • Holy cow the bus pick up area at the Contemporary resort is a complete mess and you can’t really social distance. On top of that you have to walk through the crowds of people waiting on the bus to get to the Magic Kingdom. If you stay there you might want to consider driving to the parks or getting Lyft or Uber. If walking to the Magic Kingdom exit out the back of the building and then walk around to the front to avoid the bus waiting area. You can exit out the front of Bay Lake no problem
  • Because you can do so much in the park with a little wait time, I would be sure to pick a resort that has a nice pool, or has other activities or things to walk to for when your park day is over or before you go to a park
  • Things are pretty quiet in the evening with a lot shut down early. I would recommend dining reservations in a theme park or at a different resort in order to have a change of scenery
  • The Boardwalk area was a bit dead. The resorts in the area are good though if you want to walk to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. There was a weird moment of NBA players or other professional athletes on a boat in the waters by Hollywood Studios... blaring party/rap music, which really isn't a Disney atmosphere
  • Food in general seems a bit limited so get those dining reservations. If you’re staying at the Swan hotel you can also get carry out from the restaurants
  • If you stay on a low floor you can take stairs down. On Saturday I had to wait a long time for an empty elevator. On the other hand if you stay on an upper floor you’ll get an elevator to yourself most likely, But you won’t have control if other people want to join you
  • All exterior doors were automatic open at the Swan, which I really liked. I know some other resorts have that like the Poly and Contemporary
  • You can take your resort bus to the Magic Kingdom for dining reservations at the MK resorts. Keep in mind that you might need to take Lyft or Uber back depending on how late your reservation as Magic Kingdom closes at 7 PM and buses only run a limited time after park close

Last edited:
I know each resort will be different, but what pool hours did you have during your stay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter