• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Swap - PROGRESS: Some POSTAL! Slideshows posted

No, I haven't decided yet either. Lack of inspiration. I'll be sure to list my element when I figure it out.

I have my journal boxes done. Now that school is out for the summer :woohoo:, I have all kinds of time on my hands. I should get my slide mounts done this week.

I can not find my check in post, so here it is. I know it is a little early, but we are doing a little fact finding trip, so I will not be around the computer for the next couple of weeks.
I have all my supplies, so I should be able to finish this swap when I arrive home.
S :)

I am back from my trip and ready to work on these. I will start these this week. I have my supplies and lots of ideas, just need to sit down and work on them.

My elements are cut just need to be assembled. Have everything for altered letters just need to sit down and do them.

Stephanie, your package came today. Susan, I forgot to post, but your package came this weekend.

I have all but 4 groups finished. I am hoping to cut them tomorrow and take them with me to work on during my trip to Lakeland this week.

Rebecca

I'm finishing up my Kidani now - that means I'm almost done!

I'm doing a pocket and tag for my Kidani group.

Photos of everything will come later.

Alright, here are all my groups! I am done!!!

Kidani Elements: I took some 7 gypsies "naked" pockets, distressed them, added some mulberry paper, and put a little tag in.

100_3846.jpg

Grand Floridian: N - supposed to be like the red roofs.
L - A flowerbed - that flowersoft stuff is such a pain! The grass/hedge is inked.
R - Because the GF is famous for the giant birdcage.

100_3847.jpg

Saratoga-
100_3841.jpg

S - two horseshoes
O - the shingles on the outside of the buildings, especially the belfries.
T - The Disney silk!

I know this one doesn't stick to the color scheme as much, but I love that Disney silk.

All-Stars

100_3840.jpg

Beach Club
100_3839.jpg

B - the shell isn't attached, so it can be either the B for beach or club, and go at the beginning or end.

E - the anchor on its side looks like an E! And I left the "top" (the side) open, so the A can slide under if you want it to, or not.

Those are very cute!

Don't worry about not following color scheme, because for the letters there is no color scheme. From the directions

"Colors: Unlike the regular element groups, I will not pre-select colors. You might be inspired by something at a resort that does not “fit” into the color scheme. I think it’s better for the letters to showcase the “character” of the resort, than to match into a specific color palette. Feel free, to use the colors listed for the regular element groups as inspiration or a starting point."

On another subject...I am heading to Florida on Monday. DH is not going, so feel free to send your packages when you are ready because he will be home to take them. I will have computer access, but it may take several hours for me to respond to questions or PM's if it is a park day.

Mail day is July 5th, due date is July 9th. I must have a DC confirmation number that they are in the mail on July 9th or I will not wait for your package. If we get down to the end, and you realize that you don't have enough time, you should send what you have. And if that becomes the case, you should focus on completing letter groups first, so that we won't be missing letters. I don't normally like to be a stickler like this, but the in-laws are coming and I won't have a place to store the swap once they come.

Those all look great Danica!

I was prototyping a birdcage too for my letters for Grand Floridian. Great minds think a like. I will now try to go in a different direction.

Hope...I saw on the first page that my status is red...just wanted to make sure you saw that I checked in for the June 7th check in...I did it a couple of days early.

Here is what I came up with for Grand Floridian. Everyone will be getting a handful of the extra embossed butterflies [I think they are supposed to be confetti].

102_5123.jpg

And here is Wilderness Lodge. The blue wood grain is from the Green Stack. It matches pretty well with the Rain from Bazzill.

102_5124.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter