Resort Swap - PROGRESS: Some POSTAL! Slideshows posted

Okay, now it's check-in time! (If you've already mailed, you are already checked in)

I actually did cut last week. I make the Beach Club letters. I have designed GF, Contemporary and Polynesian letters and I am planning on cutting them out tomorrow. I cleaned my mats today, so I have no excuse.

I am currently working on my ATC swap. As soon as I finish that, I will start this one.

Just wanted to be sure you saw my check in!! I don't know that I will be able to get on here again until Sunday or Monday.

I'm here and working. I have all my supplies and I should be able to work on these next weeken.
Shawna

I've designed all my groups except for one, I decided I didn't like what I had planned, so I'm coming back to that one.

I haven't cut anything yet - I'm waiting for a day off to actually sit down and scrap!

Well, I checked in 3 days ago, but I don't want to get missed! I will get this done ASAP, but I haven't started yet since I've been/will be traveling through next Wednesday.

Thanks to everyone that has checked in. If you are wondering, if your check-in has been missed, you can always check the color of your name in the first post.

I have not cut anything yet. I have all supplies bought and ideas brainstormed. The only group i'm stuck on is the letters for French Quarter. I'm not sure my original idea I had of hand drawing the serpent water slide and paper piecing it all back together is do-able with us just getting a puppy. Any ideas are welcome. I may start cutting tonight if DH will do puppy potty duty and give me a little time.

I mailed mine out today. I do have a dc if needed. I guess you should get them on Monday.

Hope,
For the alt. letter group "Contemporary" remember how I took the first and last letter so I could do the ends with a monorail? Well I did my mock up last night and today. I know width is the concern here because we have so many letters to fit across the page. Would it be too wide if my monorail under the C and Y letters are 3 inches wide each? We discussed maybe asking others to make skinny letters...not sure how you and other ladies still feel about it.

If i am okay to proceed: Also is anyone oppossed to the monorail stripe being red? I don't think that the red one was retired b/c of fatal crashes but I wanted to be sure.

Hope,
For the alt. letter group "Contemporary" remember how I took the first and last letter so I could do the ends with a monorail? Well I did my mock up last night and today. I know width is the concern here because we have so many letters to fit across the page. Would it be too wide if my monorail under the C and Y letters are 3 inches wide each? We discussed maybe asking others to make skinny letters...not sure how you and other ladies still feel about it.

If i am okay to proceed: Also is anyone oppossed to the monorail stripe being red? I don't think that the red one was retired b/c of fatal crashes but I wanted to be sure.

Red is good for me! It was purple that was retired. Do you have a picture you can post of your mock-up? I am wondering if it would work for the monorail portion of your letters to overlap parts of the neighboring letters or not?

Okay, we have ~23" of space (leaving an 1" for spacing between letters), you need 6" leaving 17" for 10 letters. Or approximately 1.7" per letter. I think that should be enough. I just measured my letters, and both together is 3" which is less than the 3.4" I have to work with.

:woohoo: I finished my first group last night! I was inspired by the New Orleans Mardi Gras scrapbook mystery I was reading, so I did my French Quarter set.

I'm here!

I have ideas for most of my letters and prototypes cut for some but nothing finalized yet..

I'm not a fan of Red but don't change it cause of me I'll pretend its the 12th color Maroon and be perfectly content :)

Hope,

Here are photos of the Contemporary monorail C and Y letters. I was going to cut the monorail shorter to make it 3 inches. If you'd rather, I can leave it longer like in the photo so someone could layer the letters next to the first and last letters on top of the monorail. What do you think? I have not glued down the letters on top of the monorail yet so placement could be shifted slightly although I have them moved over to make the most room. Just noticed the Y is too low...it would be up higher like the C when I glue it down.
026.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter