Resort Room Requests, Have Yours Been Met?

We have never gotten the buildings that we asked for.

I really don't even bother making requests anymore.

Pretty much always. Our requests are generally easy, though. As long as I'm not looking at a wall or a parking lot (which is what I say when I make our reservations), I'm happy. Because of that, we sometimes get surprised by our views.

For instance, when we stayed at Caribbean Beach, we got a first floor corner room, overlooking a beach and the lake in the middle of the resort.

The exception to this is when we were at the Boardwalk Villas this past November. I figured that since we were staying at a place we've always wanted to stay, we might as well go for broke. I requested a top floor, Boardwalk view, with a balcony. We figured that we'd get, at best, two of the three, considering that the studio rooms were all over the place and probably hard to guarantee. When we checked in, we were very happy to find that we actually got all three of our requests honored. It was an amazing room.

I have to say the only time that I actually was really excited about a room request, I went through a travel agent and didn't get nearly what she told me she had requested for me. It was the year POR was refurbed in 2004; and she got me moved to the Dolphin and said I was in an upper room overlooking the water and the fireworks. I ended up in a room on the third floor overlooking the loading dock and was awakened each morning by the sound of delivery trucks.

I have been at POR the last few years and usually get waterview room and ask for pool view at Oak Manor. I have gotten it with the exception of one year, where I faced a fountain. No big deal.

This year, I was told I was in Parterre Place and was a bit disappointed, until.... I got to my room. First floor, corner king bed room, riverview in one of the wings, which was probably 30 feet from the water. I had very little traffic since there were only 4 rooms on that end - and there was no one walking by, so every night I pulled my chair out and watched the water taxi go by. It was heavenly!

Does it matter how far in advance that you book your room to get your request?

Nope. What matters is what time of year you are going; if it is busy or not so busy.

Booking far in advance doesn't even guarantee you will get that resort; booking a room in a resort guarantees you somewhere on site. Case in point.

I always go the week after Thanksgiving. I book my room the week I return each year.

One year, I went the following week to take and accommodate some friends. We were booked in a waterview room in POR. When I got there, it was Pop Warner week and I was told I was moved to CSR. I put my foot down because they only booked their rooms a few weeks before. I eventually was allowed to stay, but they put me in Acadian House facing the parking lot and credited me the extra $200.00 I paid for a waterview room.

I stayed at POR at the end of April last year for one night after getting off a cruise. I requested a high floor and got the top floor, and also requested early check-in and was able to check-in when I arrived around 10am with no problem! :thumbsup2

Last month when we stayed in a Standard Club Level Room at the Boardwalk Inn we requested the Boardwalk View since that is not part of that room category and the request came through.

For this August we are once again staying Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn but in a Deluxe Room which comes with a guaranteed Boardwalk View, so we don't need to worry about that. However we requested a room on the 4th floor since that's where the lounge is located because they also have Deluxe Rooms on the 3rd floor. Now if we ended up with a room on the 3rd floor it wouldn't be bad since they have bigger balconies then the rooms on the Deluxe Rooms on the 4th floor and last August we stayed in a Deluxe Room on the 3rd floor and know how it works, so we would be use to it.

I can honestly say that everytime I make a room request it is granted. From location in a resort like which building at the Poly or where we are in the BW with a standard view (no parking lot), what floor request, or when we were at the CBR in Nov and I booked a king bed and requested 2nd floor preferred location and that is exactly what we got when we checked in at 10pm on arrival night

Now that they've gone to the computerized room assignment deal, does anyone get the feeling that a lot of the telephone CM's tell you they're noting your request on the reservation, but not really doing it?

I called to book a reservation this morning. The first CM told me the WL was completely booked up on my dates. I said thanks and politely ended the call. I immediately called back and the next CM had no trouble booking my dates, and at a discounted rate too. I asked her to note my request "inner courtyard, high floor" and she told me she did. Got home and realized I had booked the wrong date! Called back and the CM I spoke with this time changed it for me, no problems. I asked if he could verify my room request and he said none was listed on the reservation. So he said he would put it on there for me.

We are headed down Feb 3-8 at POP. I only made one request- anywhere in 70's building 10. My son (ADHD) fell in love with the giant big wheel. As long as we are close to that any floor will be fine!

I just called POR to make a couple of room requests this morning. :banana:

I asked for a 3rd floor room (we don't like hearing footsteps above us) in either Oak or Magnolia Mansion. Hoping both of those requests will be met, but of course I understand they may not.

When Mom and I stayed there a couple of years ago I made the same requests, along with riverfront, and they were all granted.

I was put on hold when I called this morning, and the song playing was "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" from Carousel of Progress, one of my all-time favorite WDW attractions. :thumbsup2 Made me even more excited and anxious for our trip!! :woohoo:

So, what requests did you make at your resort, and were they granted?

Good luck!

I don't usually make requests, but I did for Marathon weekend. I was staying at Music and had requested Jazz or Broadway. I ended up in Country Fair - at the back. However, knowing that the Values were sold out and I was getting in around 11pm, I was just happy to not be told I was being moved to another resort (though it would have been an upgrade the thought of having to deal with going elsewhere at that hour wasn't thrilling). As it turned out, I had a much better stay as there were a couple of Brazilian tour groups staying at Music...and they appeared to be in Jazz or Broadway. My little room at the back of the resort was nice and quiet!

Incidentally, I was on the second floor and know there WERE people above me, but I never heard them. I don't think I've ever heard footsteps above me at Disney.

POP June 2010: fully met
King Bed - check
Non-refurbished room (we actually like the old bed-spread - it had so much character!) - check

It may have helped that I checked in at 8 AM, before the rush.

At WDW POR I requested ground floor close to main building, was not told about prefered or views, views are wasted on me. It was not granted. My first day, in the evening a down pour hit, my teenagers took off and walking with my white cane and a two year old in a stroller to the last building across the river close to POFQ, I got lost. First I could not get up to the building because there is no ramps for the stroller that I could find, second the building was so large could not find the back of it. After a good hour and still not making any progress another vacationeer took me back to the main lobby for help. Frustrated, tears in my eyes mainly from frustration and worry about the baby. A cast member told me that since I did not pay for a closer room I could not be moved closer, manager came out and moved me to building 14 for no extra charge. (If she wanted to make me really happy, she would have left the teenagers in the other building, only kidding).

Going to SOG next month, asked for ground floor near lobby, told them mainly because we will have two service dogs, we will see if they give it to us.

Will say in DL I have always been giving what I asked for, or upgraded to better than what I asked for. We usually ask for the building most do not ask for the Wonder Building, walk is not any further, but the lobby is the best for a quiet cup of coffee in the morning, much better than the other two. When we can not get this, they always upgrade us to a higher floor in the Dream building facing DTD. At GC we asked for a room facing the bear and we have always gotten that, or was upgraded to a room facing DTD. At PP we asked for a room close to elevator, we got an upgrade to a room facing the pool and right next to the elevator, although we will never stay there again.

Honestly, I can only think of two times my requests were met. Once was at CSR when we requested a first floor room near a pool and the other was at All Star Music when I requested Jazz Inn.

Part of my not getting requests to the point I rarely make them anymore is that we almost always arrive very late.

I didn't bother at POR and literally got the building, the side of the building and the floor I would have requested! Not bad considering I checked in at 10:30 at night!

Just home from AKL. My requests were:
1. room near main elevator due to medical reasons
2. upper floor
3. Zebras (became a non issue since there are now zebras on every savannah.)

We were traveling with two other parties, and the resort considered our "travel with" as a request and ignored all the other ones.

We were the farthest down Kudzu trail that you can possibly be and only on the second floor.

However, it worked out fine since Mom rented a scooter so the walk was not a problem and we found the view (contrary to what most people say) was awesome on the second floor, better than our previous stay on the 3rd floor.

Not getting any of our requests was a blessing in disguise since the room area was serene and quiet and the animal viewing was amazing due to us being close to the animal holding areas and to Mom getting a corner room with a view of two different areas.

First trip, POR - requested connecting rooms, mansions side. Got both.
Second trip, BC - requested full balcony. Got it.
Third trip, WL - no request. Got upgraded.
Fourth trip, CBR - requested connecting or at least close to DM's room, DM requested first floor because of knee problems (CBR lacks elevators). We were in Trinidad, she was on the second floor in Barbados - I swear it was a 10 min drive, never mind walking!

I requested first floor for our upcoming trip. Time will tell if we get it but since Pop has elevators it is no big deal if we don't.

2004 CR Odd # room.. M.K. view when it was just a request. GOT IT
2004 POP 50's section ......GOT IT
2005 POP 50's section .......GOT IT
2006 POP 60's section .......GOT IT
2007 WL asked to be close to main building......GOT IT
2008 CSR 8a or 8b building cant remember now........GOT IT
2009 POP 80's section ........DID NOT GET
2010 did not go...:sad1::sad1::sad1:

Also on eveyone of these requests the rooms were ready.

Brooke:goodvibes

Now that they've gone to the computerized room assignment deal, does anyone get the feeling that a lot of the telephone CM's tell you they're noting your request on the reservation, but not really doing it?

I think there are some that have done that all along. The manager on duty when my mom checked in at CBR said there was no record of a request to be near our room, nor was there a "traveling together" notation on either reservation. The phone agent I spoke with when I booked my mother's reservation was curt almost to the point of rude and seemed in a hurry, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he just didn't take the time to input our requests.

I'm not very specific but have always been quite satisfied with what we had....except for this year. Last month we went to WL for the second time. 2 yrs ago we stayed there with a request for a king bed/Courtyard view/near an elevator. We got a Bear Face room and it was magical! So this year I had all the same requests knowing that I wouldn't be lucky enough to get the exact same room but it was worth a chance. I was sent to the worse room ever....1135! It was near an elevator but one that took about 15 mins to get to from the lobby (my speed which is why I request a room close). Kind of negates being close to an elevator when you have to walk so far to get to it! Once on the elevator we had to go DOWN a floor to get to our room. Then we entered the room, it was the same king room as before until I opened the drapes. We were below the walkway level, behind a bush, up against the facade of the main lodge. I just started crying!!! This was my courtyard view??? I have never called and complained about a room before and didn't even know who to call. I called the front desk, sobbing,and said I was terribly disappointed. They found a room on the 5th floor but we lost the king bed and being close to an elevator which I really didn't have anyhow. It was fine but took me awhile to get back into the 'magical' feel again. Beware of room 1135!!!!! No way should they charge that price for that room.

Can someone tell me what the new computerized room reservation system is? I see you have to pay for preferred rooms now which is disappointing. ETA: Never mind, found it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter