Resort reservations (online and via phone) not available on 6/9/2017.

Accident

DIS Veteran
There is a warning message on the disney website:

On June 9th, we will be unable to make new Resort hotel reservations online and over the phone. You will still be able to purchase tickets, book dining reservations and make FastPass+ selections. Thank you for your patience while we work to improve your future experience. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Just a heads up.

I just saw that too and wondered why...maybe loading 2018? Purely speculation.

This is my hope because I'm very impatiently waiting to book our 2018 trip, but I don't believe you typically see this occur before bookings start for the new year. I could be mistaken though!

I just saw it too and wonder what's going on. I guess we have to wait and see unless someone on the inside has any information....

Notice we got at our office says sites will be down from 2am to the end of the day for updates. Hoping for the 2018 rates! Might just be system maintenance but those usually don't take as long. Of course "until close of business" can mean the sites might not be up again on Saturday morning either for a while.

I too am anxiously awaiting 2018 release dates/packages...one can only hope it's this early

I still can't understand why they don't outsource all of their computer systems to Amazon Web Services and let the professionals handle their IT systems.

Well drat. I was just notified that the flight I wanted to take for my next trip has been cancelled, so I was going to see what the price would be if I changed the dates of my trip. Guess I'll just have to check back later.

Where does it say? Only on agent's site? I can't find the notice on the Disney site.

So annoying it is today too. I have been trying to book flight for last 2 days and the website is down so I can't make sure there are rooms available. When I looked like a week ago there was very limited availability, so I don't want to book flights not knowing I can get a resort room.
ugghh

It's right on the homepage.

The note on the homepage is about booking resort reservations. We have a reservation. We are trying to make payment. There is no note about making payment. We find out by calling, and calling, and calling.

Weirdly, they say they've sent out our Magic Bands, even though we are now overdue on final payment. I can only hope that's a good sign that they won't erase our FP+ and restaurant reservations.

Where does it say? Only on agent's site? I can't find the notice on the Disney site.

The note on the homepage is about booking resort reservations. We have a reservation. We are trying to make payment. There is no note about making payment. We find out by calling, and calling, and calling.

Weirdly, they say they've sent out our Magic Bands, even though we are now overdue on final payment. I can only hope that's a good sign that they won't erase our FP+ and restaurant reservations.

Respectfully, you never said anything about needing payment information in your original response. Although, you have posted the same response in multiple threads so you may have mixed up threads. You will not lose anything by not paying yet. Disney is fully aware that you were not able to pay by the deadline due to their issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter