• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort release dates?

Cynophilist

Earning My Ears
When do resorts usually make dates in 2021 (specifically October) available to book? Looking for some October '21 AKL reservations...might as well plan ahead since I've got nothing but time right now! ;)

You can book a room 499 days in advance. If you are looking for October '21, you will need to call in the reservation at this time.

As of today (5/14/20) you can call and make a room only reservation for as far out as 9/21/21. If you're looking for October 2021, then you'll need to wait a little bit longer.

Packages cannot be booked at this time. For a package, you'll have to wait until they are released (June? July? :confused3). You can book a room only reservation now and then convert it to a package later if you want.

Steve

OK! Thanks gang. I can wait for Disney to post them-hopefully this summer...I realize this year is a little different, and they have bigger fish to fry right now.

Has anyone been ale to do this? The website has no 2021 dates available and also my wife called and Disney said they had not been released... so I'm surprised to see replies to this thread saying they are available...

Packages have not yet been released. Room Only reservations can be booked 499 days in advance (so 10/6 as of today). You have to call to book. Online will not be available until pricing is announced and packages are available. The CM your wife spoke to was correct that packages are not available, but should have given her the option to book a room only.

Steve

Packages have not yet been released. Room Only reservations can be booked 499 days in advance (so 10/6 as of today). You have to call to book. Online will not be available until pricing is announced and packages are available. The CM your wife spoke to was correct that packages are not available, but should have given her the option to book a room only.

Steve
My TA was just able to book a “basic package” to include just the room (September 30-October 7) and then the tickets and dining will be added when prices are released. My understanding is this is a new option that Disney made available. I know it was a package and not a room only because my deposit was $200 per room and not just one nights cost.

My TA was just able to book a “basic package” to include just the room (September 30-October 7) and then the tickets and dining will be added when prices are released. My understanding is this is a new option that Disney made available. I know it was a package and not a room only because my deposit was $200 per room and not just one nights cost.

I called to book a room directly through Disney for 2021 and all I had to do was put $200 down as well and not one night. So not sure if that matters or not

I called to book a room directly through Disney for 2021 and all I had to do was put $200 down as well and not one night. So not sure if that matters or not
I’m honestly not sure. Mine is listed as a package in the app. I know it used to be a pain to cancel the room only and rebook as a package. Being able to now book the room portion of a package 499 days in advance and add the tickets later will be nice.

The last several years the full packages, final prices, and ability to book online have been released the 3rd Tuesday in June. If that pattern holds they will be released on 6/16.

Given what’s going on who knows though.

As others have said until then you’ll have to call, And you can ONLY book a room, not tickets or dining. If the person who answers is unhelpful, hang up and call back. If you still can’t get it, call a travel agent, they’re paid by Disney so no reason not to, plus they can do the work of adding on the tickets for you later.

As PPs noted, if you would like a room-only for 2021, call and ask to book a "room-only" reservation. If you, eventually, would like to to add tickets and/or dining to the reservation, ask to book a "basic package".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter