Resort Reccomendations

hmpoohbear

Earning My Ears
I REALLY want to book a trip for just hubby and I. We're traveling with our kids and parents this summer, but I know that it will be totally different than an adult only trip. My last trip my mom, brother and I stayed at the Contemporary. It looks like our room was demo'd for the Bay Lake tower. (Hey, we also went to Pleasure Island when we were there so that tells you how long ago that was). We will be staying at Coronado Springs this summer.

What are your recommendations for resort? I'd love to attempt to drink around the world, though I'm not ashamed to split it into 2 days. ;) I don't care about the water parks. And if we didn't do AK I think we'd both be ok with that.

Ideally I'd like us to go the first week of December, though not necessarily this year.

My husband and I just did our last adult trip back in Dec and stayed at Wilderness. It was decorated wonderfully!. It is closer to MK but I don't find disney transportation that bad to get over to Epcot.

My parents stay over on the Epcot area.

Boardwalk is my favorite resort. I was iffy about going when I first went to visit, but the way it was described made it sound boring.
Of course, no one told me it was an Epcot resort. It is a literal 5 minute walk to get to Epcot. If that's a park you love, it's perfection. Drink around the world and just a short little walk to collapse into your bed afterward.

You can not go wrong with any of the resorts at WDW. All have their own special decorations during the holidays and it depends on what you like.
Checkout the DVC rental board to get larger accommodations for possibly less cost.

If you are planning on drinking around the world I would suggest staying at one of the resorts along the monorail loop. As a DVC owner my favorite was the Poly especially since the DVC studio rooms sleep five people and have two showers. If that is not in your budget that you consider Old Key West because those have some of the larger rooms as well. Good luck with your planning.

I agree with LucieMarie and oufpat, and suggest one of the Epcot resorts. BWI is our favorite resort. We have done a number of first week of December trips to the BWI. It is quite wonderful to have a short walk to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter